John Logan kicked off the UK football team...

LSURock

That is too funny!

The part that is really funny is that if you bothered to read the stories you would see that a few athletes got in trouble for kicking some butts (the last two posts were about the same incident). Another was about a back-up that was juicing to get better. All this on a team that wins a bunch of games including a 49-0 dismantling of your beloved Wildcats. Meanwhile the Wildcats are getting suspended in record numbers for being too dumb to attend class. I believe the joke is on you.:lol:

Not directly, but indirectly, yes....they are having issues with getting kids with character, etc....something's gotta give.

It happens all over the country. It is a part of todays college football unfortunately. I have been quite surprised at the number of KY kids that have been getting in trouble though. I cant blame the coaches, the kid hold a responsibility to the team as well.

The part that is really funny is that if you bothered to read the stories you would see that a few athletes got in trouble for kicking some butts (the last two posts were about the same incident). Another was about a back-up that was juicing to get better. All this on a team that wins a bunch of games including a 49-0 dismantling of your beloved Wildcats. Meanwhile the Wildcats are getting suspended in record numbers for being too dumb to attend class. I believe the joke is on you.:lol:

So just because they win ballgames then what they do is ok?? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

After this post i'm not so sure.

The 49-0 loss was the turning point in UK's season last year. It got them refocused and able to win 5 out of their last 6 games. I can't speak for other UK fans, but I am not into moral victories as you mentioned in another post in this thread.

So just because they win ballgames then what they do is ok?? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No but I don't think some college students getting into a fight is earth shattering. Look back at the origin of this thread. I asked the question if UK seemed to have a lot of suspensions. The two answers I got were "we're glad coach Brooks suspends the players" and "your team has had its problems as well". The fact remains that UK has a high number of suspensions over rules violations. They have had a gun incident and their share of fights as well (the big difference in this one was that the UK player got his butt whipped with a baseball bat).

No but I don't think some college students getting into a fight is earth shattering. Look back at the origin of this thread. I asked the question if UK seemed to have a lot of suspensions. The two answers I got were "we're glad coach Brooks suspends the players" and "your team has had its problems as well". The fact remains that UK has a high number of suspensions over rules violations. They have had a gun incident and their share of fights as well (the big difference in this one was that the UK player got his butt whipped with a baseball bat).

I do see a difference between violations of the law and violations of team rules. Call me crazy, but it is not the same to me.

If you think anyone is gonna argue that UK is ahead of LSU in the quality of their football team, you will be disappointed to find that even the most diehard Cats fans aren't that stupid. Yep, ... LSU whipped UK and good this past season. But it really did turn the season around and get their attention in a big way. So thanks for the wakeup call!!!

However, you really do seem to take great pride in having the team you cheer for have so many altercations and have the police involved. Nice.

In my opinion, Brooks and his staff have a very low tolerance for any sort of behavior he considers detrimental to the program or the University. I, while saddened to see ANY kid damage his chance at a free college education at ANY school, am glad to see a coach take a stand and send a strong message.

What's that old expression" people who live in glass houses should'nt throw stones".

I do see a difference between violations of the law and violations of team rules. Call me crazy, but it is not the same to me.

However, you really do seem to take great pride in having the team you cheer for have so many altercations and have the police involved. Nice.

Go back and read the entire thread. I didn't bring LSU or any other team into the discussion. I simply stated that UK has a high number of suspensions lately. It must have touched a nerve with the UK faithful because a firestorm erupted. Do you disagree with that point?

Show me where I take pride in off field altercations. That is a huge leap on your part. I simply said that most of the icidents that were posted sounded like boys being boys. I fractured a few laws back in college myself. I can't say that I'm proud or particularly ashamed of the fact. Thats life on campus. FYI, the police were involved in the Bo Smith incident, he returned to UK's team once his health allowed.

Go back and read the entire thread. I didn't bring LSU or any other team into the discussion. I simply stated that UK has a high number of suspensions lately. It must have touched a nerve with the UK faithful because a firestorm erupted. Do you disagree with that point?

Show me where I take pride in off field altercations. That is a huge leap on your part. I simply said that most of the icidents that were posted sounded like boys being boys. I fractured a few laws back in college myself. I can't say that I'm proud or particularly ashamed of the fact. Thats life on campus. FYI, the police were involved in the Bo Smith incident, he returned to UK's team once his health allowed.

Let me try and address the thread. Yes, there has been a large number of suspensions. Yes, there is going to need to be a change in accountability practices. What other programs do has nothing to do with KY. U.K. must address this issue.