April 6, 200719 yr IF supposedly UK is the "throne of college basketball" then why is it they had a hard time landing a new head coach? Sure they got a great coach in Gillespie, but IMO it's pretty bad when you have two head coaches tell you no in as many days and had atleast 5 say "not interested." Maybe UK isn't the great job everyone thinks it is. How will this affect the players and future recruits knowing they had coaches not wanting to coach them and it was pretty much a last resort hire that they made?
April 6, 200719 yr I say they are just glad they have a coach, but they must be heart broke that Billy D already had a done deal in UK and still turned it down. :lol:
April 6, 200719 yr This was NOT a last resort hire... Just because a guy says "No" doesn't mean he was going to be offered... This was a second choice deal. And that's what happens when your top candidate is still playing throughout March... You have to wait until the end of the season to get anything done... Nothing more, nothing less. Your hate of UK is hilarious.
April 6, 200719 yr This was NOT a last resort hire... Just because a guy says "No" doesn't mean he was going to be offered... This was a second choice deal. And that's what happens when your top candidate is still playing throughout March... You have to wait until the end of the season to get anything done... Nothing more, nothing less. Your hate of UK is hilarious. :thumb:
April 6, 200719 yr This was NOT a last resort hire... Just because a guy says "No" doesn't mean he was going to be offered... This was a second choice deal. And that's what happens when your top candidate is still playing throughout March... You have to wait until the end of the season to get anything done... Nothing more, nothing less. Your hate of UK is hilarious. :thumb: I agree...
April 6, 200719 yr IF supposedly UK is the "throne of college basketball" then why is it they had a hard time landing a new head coach? Sure they got a great coach in Gillespie, but IMO it's pretty bad when you have two head coaches tell you no in as many days and had atleast 5 say "not interested." Maybe UK isn't the great job everyone thinks it is. How will this affect the players and future recruits knowing they had coaches not wanting to coach them and it was pretty much a last resort hire that they made? Get a hobby.
April 6, 200719 yr IF supposedly UK is the "throne of college basketball" then why is it they had a hard time landing a new head coach? Sure they got a great coach in Gillespie, but IMO it's pretty bad when you have two head coaches tell you no in as many days and had atleast 5 say "not interested." Maybe UK isn't the great job everyone thinks it is. How will this affect the players and future recruits knowing they had coaches not wanting to coach them and it was pretty much a last resort hire that they made? Hard to land a coach....:confused: Donovan was under contract with Florida, UK must receive permission to talk with him and he won a National Championship on Monday night and they have a new coach in place, Friday afternoon.... The interview process, of hiring a coach is not done rapidly. Your idea of not interested, often times is realization they were not the leading choices and want to bow out, gracefully in the media and perhaps, get an increase in salary at their own current school. Not an easy decision, to leave a school and take on a storied basketball program, like UK. Many may want the job, but even fewer are capable.
April 6, 200719 yr Author This was NOT a last resort hire... Just because a guy says "No" doesn't mean he was going to be offered... This was a second choice deal. And that's what happens when your top candidate is still playing throughout March... You have to wait until the end of the season to get anything done... Nothing more, nothing less. Your hate of UK is hilarious. I attended and graduated from UK. So before you get on here ASSUMING things, make sure you read between the lines. All I asked is how will the players be affected by some of the decisions that were made.
April 6, 200719 yr [/b] I attended and graduated from UK. So before you get on here ASSUMING things, make sure you read between the lines. All I asked is how will the players be affected by some of the decisions that were made. You've clearly distanced yourself from the UK faithful these past few days. It's obvious you don't like them
April 6, 200719 yr [/b] I attended and graduated from UK. So before you get on here ASSUMING things, make sure you read between the lines. All I asked is how will the players be affected by some of the decisions that were made. I don't think the hiring process impacts the players at all. The only impact is the coach hired and his coaching philosophy. From what I have read throughout the internet, the players better get ready to work.
April 6, 200719 yr Author I have no love or hate for UK. I'm very unbiased toward the program. I played football there as a walk on for two years before tearing my ACL and MCL. I distance myself from the other UK faithful because some of their actions and comments they make are ridiculous and I don't agree with some of the things being said. Sorry for not being a wishful thinker about getting a certain coach and speaking the truth.
April 6, 200719 yr Author I don't think the hiring process impacts the players at all. The only impact is the coach hired and his coaching philosophy. From what I have read throughout the internet, the players better get ready to work. :thumb: That's the only question I was looking to be answered.
April 6, 200719 yr I have no love or hate for UK. I'm very unbiased toward the program. I played football there as a walk on for two years before tearing my ACL and MCL. I distance myself from the other UK faithful because some of their actions and comments they make are ridiculous and I don't agree with some of the things being said. Sorry for not being a wishful thinker about getting a certain coach and speaking the truth. An example of a ridiculous comment would be saying Billy Gillespie was pretty much a last resort hire. :thumb:
April 6, 200719 yr Author An example of a ridiculous comment would be saying Billy Gillespie was pretty much a last resort hire. :thumb: Maybe I shouldn't have phrased it the way I did. My apologies. But I even said in my post they were getting a great coach.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.