Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How are UK's players affected...

Featured Replies

Maybe I shouldn't have phrased it the way I did. My apologies. But I even said in my post they were getting a great coach.

 

:thumb:

 

To answer the original question, or at least throw my two cents in, I really don't think this will affect any players. If it does, it would only be short-term, IMO....like this year, which is pretty much a wash anyway. After that, I think it will be like always...the UK name will get UK in the picture often, and then it will depend on how good of a recruiter Gillespie is.

:thumb:

 

To answer the original question, or at least throw my two cents in, I really don't think this will affect any players. If it does, it would only be short-term, IMO....like this year, which is pretty much a wash anyway. After that, I think it will be like always...the UK name will get UK in the picture often, and then it will depend on how good of a recruiter Gillespie is.

 

 

I agree, I've always felt like the name made recruits notice but it was the coach that sealed the deal.

It was hard landing a coach. Seemed pretty easy to me. Billy D said no and we sign our guy the next day. Looked real hard to me.

[/b]

 

I attended and graduated from UK. So before you get on here ASSUMING things, make sure you read between the lines.

 

All I asked is how will the players be affected by some of the decisions that were made.

 

I will venture a guess that if they buy into the hard work that Gillispie will demand, they will benefit greatly.

Rumor has it Jasper is (was) ready to transfer! I hope he changes his mind.

This was NOT a last resort hire... Just because a guy says "No" doesn't mean he was going to be offered... This was a second choice deal.

 

And that's what happens when your top candidate is still playing throughout March... You have to wait until the end of the season to get anything done... Nothing more, nothing less.

 

Your hate of UK is hilarious.

 

:thumb:

[/b]

 

I attended and graduated from UK. So before you get on here ASSUMING things, make sure you read between the lines.

 

All I asked is how will the players be affected by some of the decisions that were made.

 

 

Not necessarily.

 

IF supposedly UK is the "throne of college basketball" then why is it they had a hard time landing a new head coach?

 

Sure they got a great coach in Gillespie, but IMO it's pretty bad when you have two head coaches tell you no in as many days and had atleast 5 say "not interested." Maybe UK isn't the great job everyone thinks it is.

 

Who are the 5 who said 'not interested' who UK was interested in?

Not necessarily.

 

 

 

Who are the 5 who said 'not interested' who UK was interested in?

 

I'm guessing Rick Barnes and Jay Wright are two that said that, although they were never offered the job. Billy Donovan said it, and rightfully so. Otherwise, I don't know.

IF supposedly UK is the "throne of college basketball" then why is it they had a hard time landing a new head coach?

 

Sure they got a great coach in Gillespie, but IMO it's pretty bad when you have two head coaches tell you no in as many days and had atleast 5 say "not interested." Maybe UK isn't the great job everyone thinks it is.

 

How will this affect the players and future recruits knowing they had coaches not wanting to coach them and it was pretty much a last resort hire that they made?

Did they tell UK no or did they take themselves out of the running because they knew they would not get the job and wanted to save face. I have a hard time believing that Billy G. would finish second to anyone in a job interview. It's obvious now he was the best choice after all.

I would rather have the right candidate then just a fast one. This process took only 2 weeks and 1 day and I think we got the right guy. Only time will tell, but I feel pretty good about this hire.

I have a hard time believing that Billy G. would finish second to anyone in a job interview.

 

I agree 100%. He seems like the kind of person anyone would want in their business, be it basketball or whatever.

 

By the way, my wife is an occassional UK watcher. She says they are boring. But she kept saying "he's so cute" during the press conference and she said that next year she will watch many more games than previously! Should I be worried?!

I agree 100%. He seems like the kind of person anyone would want in their business, be it basketball or whatever.

 

By the way, my wife is an occassional UK watcher. She says they are boring. But she kept saying "he's so cute" during the press conference and she said that next year she will watch many more games than previously! Should I be worried?!

 

Only if you see him starting to hang around Lancaster.............and there are not any potential recruits anywhere around.:laugh:

Only if you see him starting to hang around Lancaster.............and there are not any potential recruits anywhere around.:laugh:

 

Well I know there aren't any recruits here, so I'll be worried immediately!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.