Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Gilispie Recruiting

Featured Replies

I think they will get Lucas:ylsuper:

  • Replies 82
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By looking at Texas A&M's roster, it looks promising that he will recruit within Kentucky. On last years roster, A&M had 21 of 23 players from Texas. The other 2 players were from outside the US.

 

I'd say the state of Texas may have a few more choices to pick from....

And what is going to happen with Deandre Jordan. I heard he is a big Billy G fan and is thinking about following him. And i know that UK was on his list.

I'm hearing Jai Lucas really likes Billy G and would have looked hard at AM if they hadn't already locked up Holmes. Jai was quoted as saying "UK got a steal in Gillispie." Wouldn't be surprised to see Lucas end up a Wildcat after all...

 

Hope your right .we need a true point guard.

I think Paterson is locked up with Florida. Lucas on the other hand I think UK will get him.

I don't think Patterson is locked in with Florida at all...Duke, Kentucky, W.Virginia are all still very much in the mix...he may end up there, but, it's not a definate...

Kentucky citizens are paying dearly to keep UK open. While it may be argued that basketball scholarships do not directly come from the taxpayers's pocket, most everything else at UK experienced by these basketball players does come from that pot.

 

We are all well aware that tuition, room, and board are only the tip of the iceberg in regard to what it costs for each student. Taxpayers foot the rest of the bill. I am merely stating the opinion of many taxpayers who would prefer to pay taxes to support a few more with whom they can identify.

 

On the other hand, cshs81, when the result is #1, fans tend to accept the situation. However, when it is clearly #2, they would like to moderately achieve with a few neighbors on the team.

 

One scholarship will neither make or break the team. However, it would bring support from many of those who are really paying the bills. And, if Mr. Basketball is a Chris Lofton, it is all gravy.

 

Are you saying that, in most years, the talent of our in-staters is inferior?

 

 

Scooter, what happens with all the revenue generated by UK's athletic teams? Think any of it helps "foot the bill" for the rest of the University?

 

I see the point you are trying to make.......I tend to agree that the top players in-state should get a look, perhaps a preferred opportunity, IF they are of the caliber to compete at this level and fit into UK's scheme in that given year. I hate to see our top athletes leave the state only to attend other major D1 schools and compete. Not just in hoops but all sports....It happens frequently.

:ylsuper: I think scooterbob is right on - we need to keep the home boys home! We have great in-state talent that the previous staff never seemed to notice or recruit.

I hope Billy G does recruit in state because we have a few guys instate right now who are good enough...but lets be honest in states like Texas and Florida you can almost exclusively recruit in state and put good teams on the floor....as of late you cant do that in KY.

:ylsuper: I think scooterbob is right on - we need to keep the home boys home! We have great in-state talent that the previous staff never seemed to notice or recruit.

 

Besides Lofton, name me another great in state talent that is making an impact in a major conference.

How many in state kids were contributors on the 96 team. Give me a break. UK needs to get the best players available, then offer the best players in the state walk-on offers. If UK is good enough that will take care of it ie Cameron Mills, Scott Padget 98 team.

Besides Lofton, name me another great in state talent that is making an impact in a major conference.

They just don't get it man.:thumb: :thumb:

Besides Lofton, name me another great in state talent that is making an impact in a major conference.

Neltner played well the times I saw him this year.

Here are guys who were high or medium interest in A&M in the 2008 class:

13. Willie Warren G

14. J'Covan Brown G

15. Romero Osby F

33. Steven Tchiengang F

59. Phillip McDonald G

60. Anthony Jones F

81. Verdell Jones G

83. J'Mison Morgan C

150. Jeff Taylor F

 

Be interesting to see if any of them take a look at UK now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.