Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby WAS NOT FIRED!!!!!!

Featured Replies

You are right in a way. Bu he CHOSE to leave because of the way he was treated and the way the fans acted.

 

Exactly

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will say this on the matter:

 

I think it's funny that Tubby bashers pretty much wanted the program to fail while he was here just so he would go. Many pointed out how crazy that was, considering no TRUE fan of a team would ever wish harm to come to it. Now I get the sense that those that were big supporters of Tubby are almost reveling in how UK is struggling to find a coach and almost wish the program to fail as punishment. Tubby bashers were told to go find another team. Tubby supporters are now being told the same. You simply can't make this stuff up.

 

 

Is UK struggling to find a coach? They waited on Billy D to get done with a tournament and he said, does that mean its a struggle? Has plan B also said no?

Tubby lovers, he was not fired or ran off.

 

He was gone 6 weeks before the season ended.

 

He CHOSE to leave

 

Get over it.

 

Go to the land of 1,000 lakes with him ..

 

Please.

 

Seriously if you all want this to stop, then stop posting stuff about it. The only time stuff like this gets brought up is when people have something to say bad about Tubby. I know for alot of us, I think we have just moved on and are more concerned about who the new coach would be..

 

As for this post though you are right and very wrong. Yes he did choose to leave, but why do you think it was? It was because he was ran off by the fan base, and I think you know that too, even if you dont want to admit it...

 

So now that we got that settled :D lets please just stop because this is really getting old, because the more you say something about it the more me and others just will say something back because its all just habit now...

No doubt, but true fans will also not wish for their team to do badly simply to get rid of a coach. It's just silly, and it's silly for any Tubby supporter to feel the same way.

 

 

Very true....I wanted UK to sign Donovan....well technically I wanted/want Gillispie. However I do feel that the results of whoever UK signs are not going to be much different, if any, than they were under Tubby. If that doesn't make me a true fan, than o well.

I was (and still am) a fan of Tubby. I hated to see him go, but as a fan, I have to support the next guy just as much because first and foremost, I am a UK fan. I NEVER cheer for them to lose EVER!!!! I cheered for UK before Tubby, during Tubby and will continue to do so after Tubby. I also don't believe the sky is falling. The closest I came to feeling that way was when Sutton left the mess he left. The 2nd closest was the mess that Mumme and Bassett left behind. But I NEVER stopped cheering for the Cats and never will!

Seriously if you all want this to stop, then stop posting stuff about it. The only time stuff like this gets brought up is when people have something to say bad about Tubby. I know for alot of us, I think we have just moved on and are more concerned about who the new coach would be..

 

As for this post though you are right and very wrong. Yes he did choose to leave, but why do you think it was? It was because he was ran off by the fan base, and I think you know that too, even if you dont want to admit it...

 

So now that we got that settled :D lets please just stop because this is really getting old, because the more you say something about it the more me and others just will say something back because its all just habit now...

 

I agree with you this is getting old. But why should the fans absorb 100% of the blame with Tubby's missed recruits and sometimes bad coaching? The truth is he through in the towel and moved on.. if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Guess the truth hurts. Time for us all to move on.

Are we better off as of March 1, 2007 than we were March 1, 1997? Tubby decided to leave and has left whoever takes over an assuradly bad season. Was it the "Overzealous" fans fault that we are in the terrible talent shape we're in? Is it the "Unreal Expectations" of the fans that we missed out (REPEATEDLY) on recruits? If the fans are at fault for the man leaving, we're not at fault for the program being dragged down from what it was when he took over. He was handsomely rewarded and just a few changes would have assured we never had this conversation.

Tubbys gone...Let's get over it...Or go to a Minnesota Golden Gopher fourm and complain about how he wasn't a good coach...

 

GO BIG BLUE!

Tubby lovers, he was not fired or ran off.

 

He was gone 6 weeks before the season ended.

 

He CHOSE to leave

 

Get over it.

 

Go to the land of 1,000 lakes with him ..

 

Please.

 

 

 

No, he wasn't ran off!! He just figured, what the heck. I am supposed to have the best job in college BB. At UK I have a National Title, five SEC regular season titles, and five SEC tournament titles, Six sweet sixteen finishes, and Four Elite Eight finishes. Think I'll just leave for Minnesota.

 

 

As far as me gettin over it? Heck No, not anytime soon. Makes me sick to my stomach that some "supposed" fellow UK fans have had a hand in what might be the down fall of my favorite Sports Team of all time.

 

 

As far as him being gone Six weeks before the season ended: Heck, part of him was probably gone after year one. Even after winning the NC there were people who complained. Well, he did it with Ricky's Team:irked: Ricky left people, and some of you weren't ever gonna be happy about it. I just wonder how many Tubby bashers who are UK fans were quietly rooting against UK when they went into Freedom Hall and spanked RP this year, or any year for that matter?:sssh:

 

 

No, he wasn't ran off though..BS

 

 

Honest question: Why would any Coach want to come into Lexington, and go through what he did? Just curious.

We will not "Go quietly into the dark night". We'll get someone in here that can do the job and the sport you love will be fine. Someone of quality will want the job, especially with the $$$$ that goes with it. (That was one blown gasket you had there, though.) We'll be every bit as good as we've been the last 2 years, if that was what you were worried about.

Why can't we all just get along. Why can't we live in a society where "Tubby Supporters" and "Tubby Bashers" can live together in peace, love, and unity. Why can't we come to some sort of compromise about the man. I have a dream.

No, he wasn't ran off!! He just figured, what the hell. I am supposed to have the best job in college BB. At UK I have a National Title, five SEC regular season titles, and five SEC tournament titles, Six sweet sixteen finishes, and Four Elite Eight finishes. Think I'll just leave for Minnesota.

 

 

As far as me gettin over it? Hell No, not anytime soon. Makes me sick to my stomach that some "supposed" fellow UK fans have had a hand in what might be the down fall of my favorite Sports Team of all time.

 

 

As far as him being gone Six weeks before the season ended: Hell, part of him was probably gone after year one. Even after winning the NC there were people who complained. Well, he did it with Ricky's Team:irked: Ricky left people, and some of you weren't ever gonna be happy about it. I just wonder how many Tubby bashers who are UK fans were quietly rooting against UK when they went into Freedom Hall and spanked RP this year, or any year for that matter?:sssh:

 

 

No, he wasn't ran off though..BS

 

 

Honest question: Why would any Coach want to come into Lexington, and go through what he did? Just curious.

 

I'll give you about 2.8 to 3.5 million reasons.

We will not "Go quietly into the dark night". We'll get someone in here that can do the job and the sport you love will be fine. Someone of quality will want the job, especially with the $$$$ that goes with it. (That was one blown gasket you had there, though.) We'll be every bit as good as we've been the last 2 years, if that was what you were worried about.

If the cats play a 10 top ten RPI schedule next season they will be lucky to break 500.

If the cats play a 10 top ten RPI schedule next season they will be lucky to break 500.

 

 

:thumb: You can't spell NIT without UK. Well actually you can, but you get my drift.

:thumb: You can't spell NIT without UK. Well actually you can, but you get my drift.

Can you spell UConn 2007?;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.