Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Down with the OJ Mayo Era

Featured Replies

You can not judge OJ because of one game. Yes, he did shoot to much and tried to showboat during the Mcdonalds game. Most kids play loose defense and showboat the whole game. OJ Mayo will be a superstar. He is still probably the best high school player in the nation, and everyone needs to get off the kids back over 1 bad performance. This stuff is hilarious.

No but i can judge the kid because he reminds me alot of Chris Henry. All the talent in the world but thinks he is bigger than God and the Law. Wait until this kid gets some money in his pocket. Are you kidding me, did you happen to watch some of his High School clips when he threw the ball into the stands after a dunk. Act like you been there before, more people are going to despise you more than they think you are cool. I for one think he is a punk. And when he bumped and knocked the ref to the floor. what's up with that!!! Like i said wait until this kid gets some money in his pocket and going to LA doesn't help his chances of staying out of touble.

You can not judge OJ because of one game.

 

I don't judge him by the AA game at all. I learned all I need to know about him watching him dunk the ball, heave it into the stands and the prance around like an idiot.

He's almost two years older than most of the kids he's been playing against. I will be surprised if he's near as good in college.

 

True, but he's been dominating since he played at 4 years younger than his peers. He'll be as good in college.

IMO he has a boatload of talent, but from the games I have watched OJ plays no team basketball at all. He could end up like Rodrick Rhodes or others like him in the long run. I didn't feel at anytime he was anywhere near the best player on the floor at the all-star game far from it, personally would hate to be his coach.

I don't judge him by the AA game at all. I learned all I need to know about him watching him dunk the ball, heave it into the stands and the prance around like an idiot.

 

That one play summed up his "me first" attitude perfectly.

How many players do you know that played high school ball in three different states? Seems like running from something.

Right on. The perfect analysis of why I have grown to hate what was once my favorite sport. The new generation simply does not have a clue as to how the game was and should be played.

Exactly. The only concern of the new generation of players is when do I get my check.

A lot of these so called experts are calling Mayo the next Kobe, MJ or Lebron and that is a little quick on the draw. It is to be seen if he is one of the great ones or if he may be another Omar Cook, Dejuan Wagner, Korleone Young or Felipe Lopez instead.

I think OJ had 12 points on 4 of 17 shooting, 3 rebounds and zero assists. Not the most impressive stat line I've seen. Maybe it was just a bad game. One of the analysts on ESPN still said he would be the biggest impact freshman in the nation next year. I think the talent is there, it's the lack of coaching and the attitude that worries me about the guy.

Gee, i didnt know OJ was the coach of his high school team...

 

You should have watched North College Hill last year. He was the head coach and Walker was assistant head coach. Mahaffey was a figurehead.

You should have watched North College Hill last year. He was the head coach and Walker was assistant head coach. Mahaffey was a figurehead.

 

I saw several of HHS games this year and it looked like an AAU team. The coach, IMO, did not run the team at all. Mayo did whatever he felt like and in the process Patterson was not used right at all. Good example was the Scott County game in Lexington. OJ averaged over a shot a minute and Patterson hardly touched the ball. Don't get me wrong, I was SOOOOO glad to see Scott County win but if Patterson had been fed the ball down low instead of OJ taking shot after shot it would have been even more difficult for Scott to have won that game.

No but i can judge the kid because he reminds me alot of Chris Henry. All the talent in the world but thinks he is bigger than God and the Law. Wait until this kid gets some money in his pocket. Are you kidding me, did you happen to watch some of his High School clips when he threw the ball into the stands after a dunk. Act like you been there before, more people are going to despise you more than they think you are cool. I for one think he is a punk. And when he bumped and knocked the ref to the floor. what's up with that!!! Like i said wait until this kid gets some money in his pocket and going to LA doesn't help his chances of staying out of touble.

OJ does play selfish and he showboats (along with others with his level of talent). He definately is NOT over hyped. The announcers said OJ dominated practice all week so they were shocked he had such a bad showing. OJ will need to mature, and hopefully Tim Floyd will discipline Mayo. OJ Mayo will be a great college and NBA player one day. I am not saying OJ is a role model for you kids, im just saying he is a great basketball player.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.