Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are JBS,Elliott and Shelby V serious contenders to win state in 08'?

Featured Replies

Does a mountain school or even a small school have any chance of winning state next season or any season for that matter? Things have really been boring and predictable on both the girls and boys front for many years now. It's all about private schools and big schools. Really wish one of these 3 would turn the corner next season. Mason County,I guess would be the closest to a small school that may have a legit chance to win it all next season.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on the draw they get I could see Elliot making it to the semi final or possibly even the finals. If everything stays as it is in Elliot they would have a real good chance the 09 season with 5 starting seniors and Knipp coming off the bench as a sophomore.

 

I feel bad for Elliots coach trying to name a starting 5 next year with all that talent. I wonder if theres any chance that Maynard or Knipp will start next year ?

Depending on the draw they get I could see Elliot making it to the semi final or possibly even the finals. If everything stays as it is in Elliot they would have a real good chance the 09 season with 5 starting seniors and Knipp coming off the bench as a sophomore.

 

I feel bad for Elliots coach trying to name a starting 5 next year with all that talent. I wonder if theres any chance that Maynard or Knipp will start next year ?

 

Good post, they may have a shot in 08 to get to at least Sat. morning depending on the draw. Doubt if Maynard or T.Knipp start because they come from the bench & drive daggers into opponents with their shooting. It may benefit the team & T.Knipp himself if he plays inside some next year. This year he & Maynard got probably more minutes than the other 2 starters. Either way Elliott looks solid next year

I'd say give Shelby Valley and Elliott a year or two and they'll be competing with about anyone. As far as JBS i'm sure they'll win the 14th a time or two in the next few years but they need to change their coaching philosphy, Stepp is not a good enough player to win a state title by himself. They need to use some of the other players on the team that has more talent and play more team oriented basketball and they may be more competitive.

Shelby Valley can compete well with anyone in the 15th but on an overall state level I would say no. Elliott will be above everyone in the 16th by far with the exception of Rose Hill but I don't think that Elliott will be a threat to win it all next year either. As several stated earlier, the Lions could get a good draw and win a game or two but I don't think that they can compete for a state title next year.

I don't think they're a threat to win it all at Rupp ... any of them could win the All A Classic. Is Shelby Valley eligible for it next year?

SV is much like Elliott or JBS as far as ability to compete on the state level. Either SV or JBS would probably be ranked #2 in 16th region next year ahead of Rose Hill. I do not think any of them can compete for 4 games with the big schools to win it all at least not next year. As I said earlier EC with a good draw could possibly get to Sat morning next year. EC & SV may have a small posibility in 09

Don't see it happening under the current system. This was the rare year when then mountain teams drew away from Lexington and Louisville and none of them could advance past the second round.

Good post, they may have a shot in 08 to get to at least Sat. morning depending on the draw. Doubt if Maynard or T.Knipp start because they come from the bench & drive daggers into opponents with their shooting. It may benefit the team & T.Knipp himself if he plays inside some next year. This year he & Maynard got probably more minutes than the other 2 starters. Either way Elliott looks solid next year

 

 

I would about bet the ranch that Timmy Knipp starts next year and the next year, and the next..........:ylsuper:

People seem to forget very quickly that South Laurel won the state in 2005 and they're considered a mountain team and to answer your question ... NO. Shelbey Valley and JB will not win a state title.

I would about bet the ranch that Timmy Knipp starts next year and the next year, and the next..........:ylsuper:

 

Who's place would he take in the lineup next year ? Of the 5 starting sophomores I know the Faulkner twins and Ferguson. I'll be honest, I dont know the other two that start.

IMO i would put them as a contender but no where near a favorite. Anyone of them could possibly beat a good high school team and pull off an upset but as winning the entire sweet 16 I wouldnt go that far eventhough I wouldnt count them out if a good draw was to happen. The only bad thing about hoping for a good draw is when it gets down to the sweet 16 any team can play or they wouldnt be there, every team comes in as a winner but only one can leave as one.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.