Ashland 51 East Carter 46

Wow i dont know if ive ever seen a worse officiated game in a region tournament... the refs almost single handedly gave the game back to the Raiders in the second half. Im almost at a loss of words to describe how bad the officiating was today.

It appears from the tone of some of its partisans that Ashland didn't get some calls. I don't know the statistics but I'll bet the total fouls and the foul shots taken by each team don't indicate any reason to complain.

We need to be gracious winners as well as gracious losers.

I was at the game and I though it was a very poorly officiated game. Touch fouls were called and muggings underneath were ignored. Lots of flops called charges as well. Congrats to Coach Biggs and the Tomcats, good luck Monday night.

I was at the game and I though it was a very poorly officiated game. Touch fouls were called and muggings underneath were ignored. Lots of flops called charges as well. Congrats to Coach Biggs and the Tomcats, good luck Monday night.

Who did you perceive to be the "muggors" and who were the "muggees"?

It appears from the tone of some of its partisans that Ashland didn't get some calls. I don't know the statistics but I'll bet the total fouls and the foul shots taken by each team don't indicate any reason to complain.

We need to be gracious winners as well as gracious losers.

To be honest Scooterbob, they were bad both ways. It's not necessarily that one team got calls and one didn't, it was that the officiating was terribly inconsistant. They would call East for a ticky tack hand check in the front court, but Ashland would get hammered down low and they would let them play. They were pretty pitiful, and not just from the standpoint of an Ashland fan. The officiating in the 16th continues to be, at best, poor.

The officiating was a joke!! I agree they would call little touch fouls out on the perimeter and kids down low could not get a break. I guess the old saying no blood no foul was being used today. I am so proud of how the Raiders never gave up. They showed tremendous heart, and they need to keep their heads high. Even though its hard to feel that way right now. To the senior Raiders thanks for the memories we are all proud of you!! Good luck in whatever you do!!!! Congratulations Tomcats! You showed great sportsmanship and that is very appreciated. And what can you say about the student section, it was great to see that kind of school spirit on display, several schools in the reigion could take a few notes!!!!

WUGO's Tim Carper is a huge supporter of officials, but he stated over and over that this was a terribly officiated game by a veteran crew. He commented that both coaches probably felt the same way. That is a shame in a regional semi-final matchup. We all have bad days at our profession, some seem to have them more than others though. They could not pay me enough money to be an official, so I guess I have no right to gripe. Great run for the Raiders in the postseason, congrats to the Tomcats!