Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 51 East Carter 46

Featured Replies

East rallies from 16 down and takes 1 point lead with 5 minutes to go in 4th. Had opportunities, but couldn't capitalize. Ashland hits FT's down the stretch.

Congrats to the Tomcats on the win! :thumb:

Also, it sounds like East never quit and has nothing to be ashamed of.

I thought the refs did a terrible job early in the 3rd but in the end they got better.

Wow i dont know if ive ever seen a worse officiated game in a region tournament... the refs almost single handedly gave the game back to the Raiders in the second half. Im almost at a loss of words to describe how bad the officiating was today.

Congratulations Tomcats! Good Luck in the Regional Championship vs. a very very good Elliott Co. Lions!

It appears from the tone of some of its partisans that Ashland didn't get some calls. I don't know the statistics but I'll bet the total fouls and the foul shots taken by each team don't indicate any reason to complain.

 

We need to be gracious winners as well as gracious losers.

I was at the game and I though it was a very poorly officiated game. Touch fouls were called and muggings underneath were ignored. Lots of flops called charges as well. Congrats to Coach Biggs and the Tomcats, good luck Monday night.

I was at the game and I though it was a very poorly officiated game. Touch fouls were called and muggings underneath were ignored. Lots of flops called charges as well. Congrats to Coach Biggs and the Tomcats, good luck Monday night.

 

Who did you perceive to be the "muggors" and who were the "muggees"?

It appears from the tone of some of its partisans that Ashland didn't get some calls. I don't know the statistics but I'll bet the total fouls and the foul shots taken by each team don't indicate any reason to complain.

 

We need to be gracious winners as well as gracious losers.

 

To be honest Scooterbob, they were bad both ways. It's not necessarily that one team got calls and one didn't, it was that the officiating was terribly inconsistant. They would call East for a ticky tack hand check in the front court, but Ashland would get hammered down low and they would let them play. They were pretty pitiful, and not just from the standpoint of an Ashland fan. The officiating in the 16th continues to be, at best, poor.

Congratulations to the Tomcats on a great win.:thumb:

Tomcats vs Lions in the championship! Congratulations to Ashland!

East did a fine job and staying with those tomcats !

The officiating was a joke!! I agree they would call little touch fouls out on the perimeter and kids down low could not get a break. I guess the old saying no blood no foul was being used today. I am so proud of how the Raiders never gave up. They showed tremendous heart, and they need to keep their heads high. Even though its hard to feel that way right now. To the senior Raiders thanks for the memories we are all proud of you!! Good luck in whatever you do!!!! Congratulations Tomcats! You showed great sportsmanship and that is very appreciated. And what can you say about the student section, it was great to see that kind of school spirit on display, several schools in the reigion could take a few notes!!!!

WUGO's Tim Carper is a huge supporter of officials, but he stated over and over that this was a terribly officiated game by a veteran crew. He commented that both coaches probably felt the same way. That is a shame in a regional semi-final matchup. We all have bad days at our profession, some seem to have them more than others though. They could not pay me enough money to be an official, so I guess I have no right to gripe. Great run for the Raiders in the postseason, congrats to the Tomcats!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.