Ashland 51 East Carter 46

It appears from the tone of some of its partisans that Ashland didn't get some calls. I don't know the statistics but I'll bet the total fouls and the foul shots taken by each team don't indicate any reason to complain.

We need to be gracious winners as well as gracious losers.

Of course.

To be honest Scooterbob, they were bad both ways. It's not necessarily that one team got calls and one didn't, it was that the officiating was terribly inconsistant. They would call East for a ticky tack hand check in the front court, but Ashland would get hammered down low and they would let them play. They were pretty pitiful, and not just from the standpoint of an Ashland fan. The officiating in the 16th continues to be, at best, poor.

I have been preachin this ALL YEAR...16 region refs are horrible!!!!!!

WUGO's Tim Carper is a huge supporter of officials, but he stated over and over that this was a terribly officiated game by a veteran crew. He commented that both coaches probably felt the same way. That is a shame in a regional semi-final matchup. We all have bad days at our profession, some seem to have them more than others though. They could not pay me enough money to be an official, so I guess I have no right to gripe. Great run for the Raiders in the postseason, congrats to the Tomcats!

16th62nd is correct in what I said. I did say it was bad both ways. I am a HUGE supporter of officials, but this one just wasn't called well at all. Ticky tack fouls out top and then forearm shivers underneath! Phantom walks, quick 5 second calls, missed walks and double dribbles. I also said during the broadcast that I couldn't be paid enough money to do what these guys do and that everyone has an off night occasionally. Sadly, for both Ashland and East Carter, these guys all had an off day together. Officiating had nothing to do with the outcome of this game, it was bad on both ends and I don't think either team had an advantage or disadvantage, they both got "homered" today (if that is possible). And I thought I might be seeing something that others weren't, so I asked around after the game and the consensus on press row was that this was a poorly called game, but, as I said, both ways and no advantage to one team or another.

East had their chances down the stretch and just couldn't make the big shots when needed. Congrats to Ashland who found a way to win, which is what a good team does. Congrats also to Coach Baker's boys, they never quit, they played hard, as they did all season!

Was the "Great" Bob Kouns one of the officials? Because according to some he could do no wrong.

Yes he was and to the best of my knowledge he has called at least 3 of Ashland's 4 post-season games. I did not realize a team could have its own personal ref. I hope there are some changes Monday night.:argue:

16th62nd is correct in what I said. I did say it was bad both ways. I am a HUGE supporter of officials, but this one just wasn't called well at all. Ticky tack fouls out top and then forearm shivers underneath! Phantom walks, quick 5 second calls, missed walks and double dribbles. I also said during the broadcast that I couldn't be paid enough money to do what these guys do and that everyone has an off night occasionally. Sadly, for both Ashland and East Carter, these guys all had an off day together. Officiating had nothing to do with the outcome of this game, it was bad on both ends and I don't think either team had an advantage or disadvantage, they both got "homered" today (if that is possible). And I thought I might be seeing something that others weren't, so I asked around after the game and the consensus on press row was that this was a poorly called game, but, as I said, both ways and no advantage to one team or another.

East had their chances down the stretch and just couldn't make the big shots when needed. Congrats to Ashland who found a way to win, which is what a good team does. Congrats also to Coach Baker's boys, they never quit, they played hard, as they did all season!

GoRadio, I couldn't agree more. It was truly a sad display and I appreciate that you and others on press row pointed it out to those not in attendance. I also agree the result was not affected. it really was horrible both ways. I sincerely hope that Monday night there are three officials calling the game that can keep up with the action. All the stoppages in play during both games to clean up bloody jerseys makes you wonder why virtually no fouls were called until late in the game when a team had to foul.

It appears from the tone of some of its partisans that Ashland didn't get some calls. I don't know the statistics but I'll bet the total fouls and the foul shots taken by each team don't indicate any reason to complain.

We need to be gracious winners as well as gracious losers.

I couldnt agree with you more scooterbob, just so happens we are on the winning side! If you were at the game , you would have seen how bad the refs were and some of their calls! For both teams.....

But, we came out on top and thats what matters to get to Rupp....

Congrats to the Cats!! Goodluck Monday night! Both teams are great, will be a awesome game to Watch! Rock on Cats!!