Best/worst coaches in NKY?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These type of threads are never productive. You want to talk about the best coaches, go right ahead. Calling someone the worst just give a dais to persons with personal vendettas, petty gripes and self promoting rants. I strongly urge someone to shut this down and start over without the obvious worst references. This is cheap.

Top to bottom, coaches in N. KY. seem to get the most out of their talent regardless of the size of their school. I think Grant Brannen did a great job in his first year. They played a very tough schedule (Scott Co, Clark Co., CovCath twice, Brossart twice and North College Hill). With that, still won 15 games, the All A region and the District. After Kiernan, team was mostly unknowns.

Please rank for each school in NKY.

1. Cov Cath

I'm assuming that you're starting this thread because CovCath dominates. If CovCath is so far ahead in talent from the rest of the region, why does a lot of the credit go to the coaches? I'm sure you can say that Holmes has talent and doesn't blow people out, but the kids from CovCath, quite honestly, have a lot let pressure in their everyday lives then those Holmes kids do. It's no wonder they have a better basketball mentality. I think most anyone could win 20 games with the Nestheides, Votels, Jacobs, Tierneys, and so many other phenomenal players that CovCath has had since 2000.

Best/Worst- Mike Listerman. Depends on who you ask, he usually sits at one of the extremes. The closer you get to the program, the more _______ (someone fill in the blank) you get.

As a Highlands fan I would be quite happy if Cov. Cath. gave Listerman a lifetime contract. :D