Pitino on Tubby

just 4 fun

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes a lot of sense when a "black coach" can't recruit in todays game.

The man just landed 3 McDonalds AA's a couple of years a go. He may get 2 more this year despite all of the negativity from an unreasonable base.

Let's face it folks. Tubby has seen his better days at UK. He can't recruit the top big men, nor the top guards, has no quality three point shooters, and The Tub is living on his past reputation.

His recruiting has gone in the toilet; he does not score enough points, he wants to play a half court game, and it is time for him to leave. Give him a few million and send him home. Let's get the program back to where we have a chance to get in the Final Four and not keep going home early.

The man just landed 3 McDonalds AA's a couple of years a go. He may get 2 more this year despite all of the negativity from an unreasonable base.

If you look at this years team when it comes to recruiting Tubby was 50% and well that shouldn't happen at UK. I mean yeah he got 3 mcdonald all americans, but the year before he had a terrible class which is now are senior class, and then the year after them which is hte sophomore class, we have nobody that is even playing on the team right now, and the guy who is Jared Carter still has alot to improve on if he is ever going to help out. So recently the issues about recruiting that people have said about Tubby is true. However it hasn't been like that for the whole time Tubby has been here, but 2 out of the last 4 years it has been bad classes thats shouldn't be at UK...

Reading the Pitino article in the HL about his Mike & Mike interview, I wondered why he thought it would set them back 10-15 years.

Tubby has been successful, there is NO DOUBT of that. A national title, 3 Elite 8's, averaging 25-26 wins per season, 5 SEC titles, etc. No doubt.

For some UK fans that is not enough or maybe it doesn't meet the UK levels of success.

But here is my point and I wonder if it is not something Pitino is alluding too.

College recruiting can be dirty. I could see a college recruiter sitting in someone's home and spinning an anti-UK story. An African-American recruit will be hearing a yarn about how the UK fans WERE NEVER accepting of an SUCCESSFUL African-American coach and ran him out of town.

No doubt that there will be recruiters that will take that route. And it can hold water.

They fired a coach that won more games than any other coach but 3 over the last 5-6 years.

They fired a coach that went to 3 Elite 8's.

They fired a coach that won a National Championship.

They fired a coach that has won 5 SEC titles.

All by the school portrayed as racist by the media over the Texas Western game and the movie Glory Road.

UK could take some serious hits in the recruiting trail over this.

Let's face it folks. Tubby has seen his better days at UK. He can't recruit the top big men, nor the top guards, has no quality three point shooters, and The Tub is living on his past reputation.

His recruiting has gone in the toilet; he does not score enough points, he wants to play a half court game, and it is time for him to leave. Give him a few million and send him home. Let's get the program back to where we have a chance to get in the Final Four and not keep going home early.

You obviously haven't paid attention to this years freshman class. Two who just made the coaches all conference team. Not too shabby if you ask me. Of course I've only been follwing UK B-ball for about 42 years now.

You obviously haven't paid attention to this years freshman class. Two who just made the coaches all conference team. Not too shabby if you ask me. Of course I've only been follwing UK B-ball for about 42 years now.

I don't think this year's team is a bad team but underachieving. THe junior class lives up to their hype in big games and adding in the talent in the freshmen class and this year's team and next (providing an energetic Morris is on the team) should/could approach 30 wins.

A poor senior class and underachieving junior class are the culprits in this year's mess. THat said, UK needs Patterson and Lucas.

Reading the Pitino article in the HL about his Mike & Mike interview, I wondered why he thought it would set them back 10-15 years.

Tubby has been successful, there is NO DOUBT of that. A national title, 3 Elite 8's, averaging 25-26 wins per season, 5 SEC titles, etc. No doubt.

For some UK fans that is not enough or maybe it doesn't meet the UK levels of success.

But here is my point and I wonder if it is not something Pitino is alluding too.

College recruiting can be dirty. I could see a college recruiter sitting in someone's home and spinning an anti-UK story. An African-American recruit will be hearing a yarn about how the UK fans WERE NEVER accepting of an SUCCESSFUL African-American coach and ran him out of town.

No doubt that there will be recruiters that will take that route. And it can hold water.

They fired a coach that won more games than any other coach but 3 over the last 5-6 years.

They fired a coach that went to 3 Elite 8's.

They fired a coach that won a National Championship.

They fired a coach that has won 5 SEC titles.

All by the school portrayed as racist by the media over the Texas Western game and the movie Glory Road.

UK could take some serious hits in the recruiting trail over this.

I'm not a TBer but I never look at it that way...Nice post.

Hopefully, Pitino's voice will carry enough credibility to help ease the heat...of course, a 3 or 4 wins this weekend could do that also.

Personally I never considered the mixing of "Pitino's voice" and "credibility" with traveling on the same wave length.

2 years of Chunky Tuna recruits and how many big wins for the Irish???

You can't compare the two. Weiss has had the Irish recruiting in the top 10 both years. Plus a couple of solid freshman and sophmores can win you a title in basketball. Not the case in football. How many freshman can make an impact in football?

You can't compare the two. Weiss has had the Irish recruiting in the top 10 both years. Plus a couple of solid freshman and sophmores can win you a title in basketball. Not the case in football. How many freshman can make an impact in football?

In regards to ND Football, they have a frosh that is going to make a major impact this year and his impact is going to determine how the Irish season is going to go. Clausen lives up the hype, the Irish are gonna be good, he flops so does the Irish season. But I agree, 2 impact frosh on a basketball can be the diffrence btween NCAA and NIT.