Pitino on Tubby

just 4 fun

On ESPNs Mike and Mike show this morning, Pitino was a guest on the program. He was asked his opinion on the Tubby and UK situation and he said "In no way, would UK get rid of Tubby and if they did, it would set the program back 10-15 years". He went on to say, the biggest majority of UK fans want Tubby to stay, but, like any other program, have a small minority of unrealistic fans that are asking for him to go ....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Rick would say anything bad about him and even if he did I doubt it would be on ESPN...I doubt it would set the program back 10-15 years though.

I could see a very long term set back if he leaves. Other coaches would salivate at the recruiting tool it would provide against UK...

Black coach run out by racist fan base. Like it or not, it would be used, and often...

I agree that it would be used often, but I don't think it'll be a problem. If (and when) Tubby does leave, it'll be announced that it was on his own terms. Either he'll head to the NBA, or he'll retire, IMO.

How badly did it hurt Notre Dame in football?

I agree that it would be used often, but I don't think it'll be a problem. If (and when) Tubby does leave, it'll be announced that it was on his own terms. Either he'll head to the NBA, or he'll retire, IMO.

How badly did it hurt Notre Dame in football?

2 years of Chunky Tuna recruits and how many big wins for the Irish???