Pitino on Tubby

just 4 fun

Black coach run out by racist fan base. Like it or not, it would be used, and often...

I would look at it more like, fans put too much pressure on the kids, if you don't go to the Final Four every year than the season was a failure, things like that.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tubby didn't forget how to coach, he forgot how to recruit. Hopefully he is learning how to land some big ones again.

He did land the "big ones" with this junior class. He needs to go get the type of players he wants, the hard workers like he had a lot of success with.

I agree with Ricks comments as well that Tubby needs to stay. Maybe Tubby can call Rick and thank him for the endorsement, and while in the conversation, maybe he can pick his mind on how to play a more running style game on offense.

Black coach run out by racist fan base. Like it or not, it would be used, and often...

And not far from being true. As much as some of the UK faithful don't want to admit it or to believe it. It is true. I heard several racist comments made just yesterday about OTS and some of the players. I am out and about quiet often and hear racist remarks fairly often. :fire:

I could see a very long term set back if he leaves. Other coaches would salivate at the recruiting tool it would provide against UK...

This is exactly what Pitino was saying...He was getting ready to comment alot more and they ran out of time and had to cut him off...After they did, Greeny made the comment that it was too bad they ran out of time, because he was very interested in what spin Rick P had to put on it....

And not far from being true. As much as some of the UK faithful don't want to admit it or to believe it. It is true. I heard several racist comments made just yesterday about OTS and some of the players. I am out and about quiet often and hear racist remarks fairly often. :fire:

Some do want to Believe this and I do not either,but it is sad but true!:irked:

I could see a very long term set back if he leaves. Other coaches would salivate at the recruiting tool it would provide against UK...

I don't know if you've noticed it or not, but UK hasn't had the best luck at recruiting of late. Don't know how getting rid of Tubby would change that at all.