Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Jr. start the season on the DL?

Will Jr start the season on the DL? 37 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Jr start the season on the DL?

    • Yes
      51%
      19
    • No
      48%
      18

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I have a sneaky suspension he will. Today's Enquirer calls his status, the infamous "day-to-day." He has yet to play in a game. He has a history of injury so why start the season with him not at full strength.

 

He continues to take batting practice with soreness afterwards.

 

You could go with Hamilton in right and Freel in center.

He will start there and end there. I am tired of it and it kills me!! 50+ days on the DL again this year for JR.

Come on, at least his injuries were REAL injuries! Give the guy a freaking break, no pun intended!

Hamilton is giving him a run for his money. There's still 25 days until the season starts and I believe Jr. will be playing. Just not in CF. More than likely LF with Josh Hamilton going to CF.

  • Author
Hamilton is giving him a run for his money. There's still 25 days until the season starts and I believe Jr. will be playing. Just not in CF. More than likely LF with Josh Hamilton going to CF.

Are you benching Dunn or Hatteberg? Freel?

If he starts the season opener, he will end up back on the DL chasing down a fly ball on the warning track.

 

He may give you a chance for the long ball at the plate, but he just can't play good enough defense in the field anymore. They will be finished with his contract somewhere around 2021 and the Reds can spend money elsewhere.

If Jr. gets a phone call before the season starts and has to reach over to pick the phone up, he'll probably start the season on the DL. This guy is Mr. Glass.

Well, I knew that this would get a reaction from TC, aka Junior apologist. He's my age, retire already!!! Seriously, I wish he'd play one season in it's entirety and see what type of #'s he'd put up. Alas, the pipedream lives on!!!

Its likely he will be in the IR but I think he will start.

Come to think of it, I would love to give Junior a break and for that matter, I'd prefer he'd use a little of his pull with management and tweak his contract so that the financial strain wouldn't hamstring the club and disable them from advancing or fracture any hopes of a postseason run.

 

 

But who's counting on anything beyond the all-star break anyway?

I say who cares! The meltdown of the Reds was trading for Griffey and keeping Larkin toooooooooooo long. The Reds had a good young team until they traded for

DL Griffey.

I have faith he will play. Honestly I dont care if he plays or not just as long as the Reds are in the playoffs.

Come to think of it, I would love to give Junior a break and for that matter, I'd prefer he'd use a little of his pull with management and tweak his contract so that the financial strain wouldn't hamstring the club and disable them from advancing or fracture any hopes of a postseason run.

 

 

But who's counting on anything beyond the all-star break anyway?

Oh MY!!!!

Is that going to be in his bio this season?:banana:

Come to think of it, I would love to give Junior a break and for that matter, I'd prefer he'd use a little of his pull with management and tweak his contract so that the financial strain wouldn't hamstring the club and disable them from advancing or fracture any hopes of a postseason run.

 

 

But who's counting on anything beyond the all-star break anyway?

Well done.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.