Russell 56 Rowan Co. 38

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No surprise at all. Rowan plays in such a weak district they are hard to evaluate. Russell is big and strong and simply outplayed the Vikings. Russell losing their District may motivate them to the State Tournament.

I must admit that I'm a little disappointed that Rowan had a quick exit. But I'll man up and say that the better team won last night.

Also, I'm back!

Its about time! It hadn't been the same without ya!

:walk:

Congrats to Russell on a well played game against an excellent defensive team. Okoro definitely the difference in this one. If Russell continues to play like this (and there is no reason to think they won't), Merle Kidwell will be making his first trip to Diddle.

The smaller Rowan players gave it there all, but it just wasn't quite enough against the taller Lady Devils. Rowan's loss was definitely not due to lack of effort. I willl especially miss the play of Megan Hughes. Pound for pound, she is the toughest competitor in the 16th region. She is a truly hard nosed player as well as a class act - a tough combination to find these days.

Where is dfenz tonight. Expected to hear from him.

Dfenz has been traveling this week. Congrats to Merle and the girls!! I think the Lady Devils will do some damage down in Bowling Green!!!

Shetlands don't beat Clydesdales particularly when the Shetlands make 19% of their shots.

Must be something in the water down in Morehead - both the boys and girls teams couldn't break 40 points.

All the best to Coach Merle!!! I'm pullin' for ya, my man!!!