Russell 56 Rowan Co. 38

I hate to say that a loss may have been the best thing for Russell because now they could possibly play the other 3 best teams in the region. But it focused them a little more to get the job done. IMO It made their coaches prepare and coach more, their players play harder, and could lead them to the state tournament.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the first thing people on here want to say is how bad the refs were. Give credit to the teams and talk about the game, I don't want to know about the refs. If you want to talk about the refs start a thread on it so all of us don't have to read it.

That's the story of this game. The game was played by the refs, not the players.

That's the story of this game. The game was played by the refs, not the players.

It didn't sound to me like Rowan County played a very good game and that they made a serious mistake in trying to take the ball in close against Russell's three mountains. On the other hand, they didn't hit much out on the floor either. Of course, if the referees allowed a lot of physical play, it clearly helped Russell. Clydesdales will normally manhandle (womanhandle) Shetlands.

All in all, Rowan County had a decent year. I congratulate them and commend them for their effort.

It didn't sound to me like Rowan County played a very good game and that they made a serious mistake in trying to take the ball in close against Russell's three mountains. On the other hand, they didn't hit much out on the floor either. Of course, if the referees allowed a lot of physical play, it clearly helped Russell. Clydesdales will normally manhandle (womanhandle) Shetlands.

All in all, Rowan County had a decent year. I congratulate them and commend them for their effort.

Rowan was undersized and just went cold at a crucial time in the game. The refs allowed the paint to turn into a wrestling match, which didn't help the Vikings at all.

The refs were bad but they were bad both ways. The better team won and thats all you can say. It will be hard for anybody in the region to stop Russell when they play defense like they did. Those girls get after the ball and find ways to win even with a lot of turnovers.