Russell 56 Rowan Co. 38

MSU Eagle: Did the refs cause Rowan County to shoot 19% from the field. Did the refs cause RC to only score 2 points in the third quarter? Did the refs cause RC to shoot 4 airballs from 3 point land in the 3rd quarter? Did the refs cause Russell to shoot 55% from the field. Give credit to the where it is due. The lady devils shoot the ball better and despite the hard play and hustle from the RC girls the lady devils stepped up. Congratulations to both teams on a great season. However, do not blame this loss on the refs!!

Ok, for the 6th time - NO THE REFS DID NOT COST ROWAN COUNTY THE GAME!!! THE BETTER TEAM WON!!! Go back and reread the entire thread and ask yourself why you decided to make this post anyways.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GoRadio - give us an unbiased opinion of the officiating tonight.

I felt the officials "let the teams play" tonight. I don't think the officiating was favorable to one side or the other. Rowan Co plays a very aggressive style of defense and Coach Thomas even said in the pregame interview that he hoped the officials called a "loose game" because it would benefit his squad. I didn't see anything at all that I would say was, as you put it, "terrible". I did see a few calls that I would call "questionable", but nothing that I felt cost either team momentum or were "back breakers." You had one official tonight that I feel is the best in the 16th region, another who is going to be calling the girls Sweet 16 and then there was another offical out there.

It is difficult to call a game with the style of play tonight. Officials, for the most part, allow a little more in the post season. If anyone saw the West/Ashland game they understand what I am saying. Another physical ball game that was called "loosely".

My honest opinion is that the game was difficult to call, the crew was one that hasn't worked much together, the officials didn't cost Rowan the game, and the best team won the game tonight. If I were forced to give a grade for the crew overall, B+. Individually, A+, B+, C.

I felt the officials "let the teams play" tonight. I don't think the officiating was favorable to one side or the other. Rowan Co plays a very aggressive style of defense and Coach Thomas even said in the pregame interview that he hoped the officials called a "loose game" because it would benefit his squad. I didn't see anything at all that I would say was, as you put it, "terrible". I did see a few calls that I would call "questionable", but nothing that I felt cost either team momentum or were "back breakers." You had one official tonight that I feel is the best in the 16th region, another who is going to be calling the girls Sweet 16 and then there was another offical out there.

It is difficult to call a game with the style of play tonight. Officials, for the most part, allow a little more in the post season. If anyone saw the West/Ashland game they understand what I am saying. Another physical ball game that was called "loosely".

My honest opinion is that the game was difficult to call, the crew was one that hasn't worked much together, the officials didn't cost Rowan the game, and the best team won the game tonight. If I were forced to give a grade for the crew overall, B+. Individually, A+, B+, C.

I appreciate it and if you can give them a B+, I'm done with this thread. Good luck to Russell the rest of the way.

:dancingpa

Guest American Skier

You had the number 1 ref in the region on this game. Along with 2 of the top five. Two of the refs will represent the 16th region in the girls state tournament in Bowling Green next week. (The 16th region is the only region sending 2 to the state tounament) I thought they were very consistent

with their decision making and their calls. Sure they probably missed a couple of calls but no game is called perfect@!!

Guest American Skier

Go Radio: Thanks for supporting the girls regional tournament!!! Really like listening to an unbiased opinion and the wrap up after the games. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Go Radio: Thanks for supporting the girls regional tournament!!! Really like listening to an unbiased opinion and the wrap up after the games. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Thank you for the kind words! We will be there for the whole thing, boys and girls! Keep listening and if you are ever at the game, come by and say "howdy"

Shocked by this margin. Although, when Rowan has lost this year, they have LOST. Looks like Russell will march on to Bowling Green and have a great chance of playing on Saturday morning.

That's the story of this game. The game was played by the refs, not the players.

Come on, the Russell girls won that game. The officials didn't shoot 20% from the field, they didn't grab any rebounds, or make any assists.

Russell did a good job of defending the interior and the Vikings went cold from outside. 4-9 from behind the arc at halftime, 4-23 for the game...I'll let you do the math. Okoro went for 21 points and 11 rebounds (the only Devil with a double-double), Fortman finished with 15 and Simpson added 13.

IMO, the officials called a fairly consistent game with missed calls both ways. When you play physical defense, a la Rowan County, you can't expect to get by with the handchecks and grabbing while the other team gets whistled for every little bump. You can't have it both ways in a well officiated game, just accept the fouls you get whistled for and be happy with what you do get by with.

Nice post, GoHerd!!

For the third time, noone has said that the refs cost Rowan the game. The refs are no excuse for cold shooting. But the bottom line is that there is no excuse for these refs to ever ref another high school game.

You said the officials played the game, not the girls. That's pretty much saying the officials had a major role in Russell's win and Rowan's loss.