16th Region Draw

Thanks for the correction.

Rowan County lost to Scott County by 35, to CAL by 24, to North Hardin by 44, to Montgomery County by 29, and to Henry Clay by 22.

Russell beat Boone County and Magoffin County.

Russell lost to Montgomery County by 22 at Russell. Rowan County's 29 point loss to Montgomery County was at Morehead.

Therefore, I would think it is reasonable to pick Russell by seven even though Rowan County has the home environment.

I also much prefer Kidwell's quotes in today's DI rather than those of Thomas. Call it what you will but methinks that Thomas is blowing a little. Advantage to Kidwell.

Yep. Russsell by seven.

Didn't Russell play Montgomery at Montgomery?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that our friends in Grayson will be doing most of the games on WUGO. That's 102.3 on your dial. They always do a great job every year. :thumb:

YES, we will have ALL the girls and boys tournament games on the air on 102.3fm and also have the games streaming on our website, wgohwugo.com

So was this draw blind? (a little joke from the boys side)

I'll say that Rowan is headed home for the last time vs. Russell. And thankfully for them, it's only a short jaunt. I look for Russell to cut down the nets when it's all said and done. I've said that from week one and don't think I'll change my prediction now.

I'll take Russell as well. I too think Troy Lee was as you said "blowing" a little in the Daily Independent.

Does anyone have a link to this article? Or a quote that falls under the category of "blowing" ?

Ticket prices are $6 reserved and $5 general admission for the Girls 16th Region Basketball Tournament.

“For a first-round game, it’s like Kentucky vs. Florida in the SEC Tournament,’’ said Thomas, the Lady Vikings’ colorful head coach. “This is the one ticket I bet you could probably scalp for $20.’’

Not a bad quote, but maybe blowing a little. Troy Lee needs to remember this is still girls basketball.

Ticket prices are $6 reserved and $5 general admission for the Girls 16th Region Basketball Tournament.

“For a first-round game, it’s like Kentucky vs. Florida in the SEC Tournament,’’ said Thomas, the Lady Vikings’ colorful head coach. “This is the one ticket I bet you could probably scalp for $20.’’

Not a bad quote, but maybe blowing a little. Troy Lee needs to remember this is still girls basketball.

I really like Troy Lee, but I would, without question, call that "blowing"

Clearly a joke, IMO.