16th Region Draw

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Russell beats Rowan Co myself, especially if the Rowan Co. girls think they're as invincable as their fans on here do. I'll predict a Russell / RoseHill final, but I can see four teams that would have a chance to win the whole thing; Russell, Rowan, Rose Hill and Raceland (tough for them without Vanderhoof though). Should be another great tourney, and you know there may be an upset or two! Don't see any juggernuats this year.

One more thing; good health to all of the teams. I don't want to see any more injuries this year.

Well, I would tend to discount all the Rowan County blowing and look at the game as a game of contrasting philosophies.

Is the Russell approach of not playing west of Mt. Sterling and playing only one ranked team (Montgomery County) while building up an impressivbe won-lost record the better approach?

Or, on the other hand, is the Rowan County approach of playing several ranked teams but being thoroughly blitzed by all of them the way to go?

Again, I'll take the Clydesdales.

Thanks for the correction.

Rowan County lost to Scott County by 35, to CAL by 24, to North Hardin by 44, to Montgomery County by 29, and to Henry Clay by 22.

Russell beat Boone County and Magoffin County.

Russell lost to Montgomery County by 22 at Russell. Rowan County's 29 point loss to Montgomery County was at Morehead.

Therefore, I would think it is reasonable to pick Russell by seven even though Rowan County has the home environment.

I also much prefer Kidwell's quotes in today's DI rather than those of Thomas. Call it what you will but methinks that Thomas is blowing a little. Advantage to Kidwell.

Yep. Russsell by seven.

Anyone know if the games will be aired on the radio? If so, what station?

I'm sure that our friends in Grayson will be doing most of the games on WUGO. That's 102.3 on your dial. They always do a great job every year. :thumb:

I'm sure that our friends in Grayson will be doing most of the games on WUGO. That's 102.3 on your dial. They always do a great job every year. :thumb:

Thanks LRCW :thumb: , I hope that I can get it tuned in on my radio at home.

By the way, since everyone has been posting on who beat who, including myself on that Raceland has beaten Russell (once), West, Rose Hill and Rowan - Racleand also lost to East earlier in the season in a close game.

Overall I still consider Russell the favorite but I really wouldn't count anyone out. Everyone is going to have to come out and play Every game or they will be going home.

Wow, I guess I better change my mind and go with Russell. ;)

Naaaa,

I'll go with the Shetlands - they handled the Clydesdales pretty handily last they met face to face in Flatwoods.

Psychological advantage...

Shetlands, er, I mean, Rowan

Rose Hill vs. Fleming Co.

Raceland vs. East Carter

Lets hear what everyone thinks on these two games.

I'll take Rose Hill over Flaeming by 15. I usually don't make any predictions on Raceland games. I will say that they will be hurting w/o R. Vanderhoof but they will also regroup well and coach Trimble will have them ready to play. The Lady Rams are by no means a one player team. ;) GO "Ramblerettes" :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Good luck to all and may all teams stay injury free, I belive the districts (63rd) in paticular have seen there share of devastating injuries to both boys and girls teams.