16th Region Draw

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The draw definitely went the way of the Hill.

And Raceland imo. ;)

Raceland will have to regroup due to the loss of Vanderhoof. Imo they can and will come out playing hard and playing "team" basketball. This team has not been about any one player all season and that is why they have been sucsessful. The Lady Rams are the 16th all A champions and the 63rd District Champions. R.H. I am sure will be the favorite coming out of that bracket, they are very good and I am taking nothing at all away from the Lady Royals. Racleand will have to get by East first, take one game at a time girls :thumb: .One thing that the Lady Rams have going for them imo is that they have beaten Russell, Rose Hill, West and Rowan this season. These girls know they can win.

GO "RAMBLETRETTES'" :flame:

I would guess that Coach Easterling at East is happy with the draw. East definitely wanted to avoid a first round matchup with Rowan or Rose Hill. Raceland is a great draw for the Lady Raiders. That bottom bracket is loaded.

I knew somebody was going to get shafted, and unfortunately is my hometown team - the Lady Vikings. The championship game is in the first round, IMO.

^ I have to disagree on that one. :eek: With Rose Hill, , Raceland, East and West in the tourney I wouldn't call the first round matchup between Rowan and Russell the Championship game at all. JMO :sssh: :D

I knew somebody was going to get shafted, and unfortunately is my hometown team - the Lady Vikings. The championship game is in the first round, IMO.

To win the touranment they would more than likely have to beat Russell at sometime. If you think the 1st round is the Championship game, then it should be a cakewalk after that for the Lady Vikings. :sssh:

This should be a fun tournament to watch, with a number of potentially good match ups. While it is somewhat wide open, I like the Lady Royals. They have improved each of their last few games and seem to be peaking at the right time.

This should be a fun tournament to watch, with a number of potentially good match ups. While it is somewhat wide open, I like the Lady Royals. They have improved each of their last few games and seem to be peaking at the right time.

In my opinion, the biggest factor for the Lady Royals seeming to peak is having a healthy Laura Terry. She played most of the season at about 60%, if that. When she shows early in a game she is going to be a factor, it forces opposing teams to key on her. This opens things up for Queen to show her skills. If they double team Queen, watch out for Terry. Throw in Faulkner and the other girls that can shoot, and RH could be looking at a repeat trip to Bowling Green. But right now, I'll be happy w/ playing in Morehead. Good Luck Lady Royals.

I will agree with Royal Uncle. However, I would hasten to add that Britt is much more than a "throw in" and I'm sure RU didn't mean the term in a derrogatory way. She carried the team against Ashland. She is a force and a genuine pleasure to watch.