2007 Newport Central Catholic

theguru

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Develop another QB to follow the Smith, Diehl, Harris trio. If Parr is healthy he could fit right in. If not, it could be a tougher task.

2. Adapt to not having a featured running back. Might be a lot of ball carriers next year instead of the featured back like Vickers.

3. New offensive line must gel sometime before playoffs start and it may take that long.

4. Defense might have to carry the team early in the year, so that may have to be the emphasis.

5. Stay hungry.

I think that this year will be alot like last year in the fact that it will take them a good 8 to 9 games before they are really considered a threat in 2a... but schnieder is a great coach and have them ready to play in the playoffs again

Isn't it amazing how talent makes a coach so much better. 5-6 years ago some parents (the vocal minority) wanted Coach Schneider to step down.

Don't you think it has a little bit to do with his surrounding cast of coaches. Sure he has had some pretty good teams the last couple of years but he has had some better teams in the past that didn't perform very well. It's time to give the credit where credit is due and let someone else take over the reigns(SP) IMO.

Don't you think it has a little bit to do with his surrounding cast of coaches. Sure he has had some pretty good teams the last couple of years but he has had some better teams in the past that didn't perform very well. It's time to give the credit where credit is due and let someone else take over the reigns(SP) IMO.
The coaching staff hasn't seen many changes over the past 10 years.

The coaching staff hasn't seen many changes over the past 10 years.

Yes, it has. New Offensive Coordinator, new Defensive Coordinator, new line coach, new secondary coaches, new QB's coach. Whole new philosophy. NewCath is as good as it is b/c of its assistant coaches and the fact that Mr. Schneider is giving them the opportunity to do their jobs, and they are rewarding him for it.

Yes, it has. New Offensive Coordinator, new Defensive Coordinator, new line coach, new secondary coaches, new QB's coach. Whole new philosophy. NewCath is as good as it is b/c of its assistant coaches and the fact that Mr. Schneider is giving them the opportunity to do their jobs, and they are rewarding him for it.
Who are they?

Who are they?

Dave Schneider has taken over as O-Coordinator, Wagner D-Coordingator, Faust has coached QB's and is coaching secondary, Eddie Eviston is coaching QB's, Wiggins is coaching secondary or linebackers, not sure there. The O-Coordinator and D-Coordinator has been there for about 7 years, or the year before your brother and Smith graduated. You're right that they've been there for awhile, but you'll see that the renaissance happened when the Coordinators were given control.

Dave Schneider has taken over as O-Coordinator, Wagner D-Coordingator, Faust has coached QB's and is coaching secondary, Eddie Eviston is coaching QB's, Wiggins is coaching secondary or linebackers, not sure there. The O-Coordinator and D-Coordinator has been there for about 7 years, or the year before your brother and Smith graduated. You're right that they've been there for awhile, but you'll see that the renaissance happened when the Coordinators were given control.
I understand that they were given more control, my point was the coaches were by and large the same though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mike Wolfe coach there from 94-96 (those years could be wrong) and left for Campbell Co. in '97. I'm not trying to make any significant point, this is just my own personal interest.
I think your years are right.