Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where would Phil Simms be now if...

Featured Replies

He had to sit out a year or two because he chose to attend Southern after starring at St.Rita. I wonder if he would have stayed interested in football? I wonder if he would have lost his way to NFL stardom while sitting around with nothing to do his freshman year? I wonder if he would have just decided to attend a Catholic school and cheated the Southern fans of their finest hour?

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder would happend if all of the public school kids decided to stay at thier original school? Would they have helped create the finest hour for those schools and kids? Would they have built strong lasting relationships with kids in thier home district? Not sure what point you are trying to make?

I think LSU is trying, at least at the beginging, to point out what I also think is a bad idea penalizing any middle school kid that attends a high school in a different system. If that proposal passed then Phil Simms would have been ineligible to play any sport a Southern, and he may not have started on his carrer path.

  • Author
I wonder would happend if all of the public school kids decided to stay at thier original school? Would they have helped create the finest hour for those schools and kids? Would they have built strong lasting relationships with kids in thier home district? Not sure what point you are trying to make?

The fact is more go from private to public every year than the other way around. In Jefferson County what is a kid's "original school"? Just look at the movement in the public school basketball programs in the past. I wonder if every kid would have attended a school in their "home district" maybe Male or Ballard never win a Title.

What is bad for Jefferson County might be good for the rest of the state.

What is good for Jefferson County might be bad for the rest of the state.

 

You can't judge a proposal on how it affects only ONE part of the state. The KHSAA is the Kentucky and NOT JEFFERSON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION.

 

I know it is extremely difficult for Jefferson Countians to think outside of their county lines and about that there is more to Kentucky than Louisville, but there is.

 

Now is the proposal a good one. I am not ready to say that. But I understand it's basis as NKY has seen many of a player developed in the MS level by a public school where the coaching staff and program has committed time and playing minutes to the player, only to see them jump to a larger public school or a private school.

 

Not because coaching is better but the perceived collegiate benefits that are at that school. Too many times, the athletic decision is made because they think School A has a BETTER chance to get to the state tournament because all of the "good" players in that area end up transferring there.

 

It has been a problem throughout the state too many times where 8th graders are treated like free agents to pick and choose where they are going to continue their athletic career.

 

Not sure that we want to turn MS athletics into a full-fledged meat market that it is becoming.

What is bad for Jefferson County might be good for the rest of the state.

What is good for Jefferson County might be bad for the rest of the state.

 

You can't judge a proposal on how it affects only ONE part of the state. The KHSAA is the Kentucky and NOT JEFFERSON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION.

 

I know it is extremely difficult for Jefferson Countians to think outside of their county lines and about that there is more to Kentucky than Louisville, but there is.

 

Now is the proposal a good one. I am not ready to say that. But I understand it's basis as NKY has seen many of a player developed in the MS level by a public school where the coaching staff and program has committed time and playing minutes to the player, only to see them jump to a larger public school or a private school.

 

Not because coaching is better but the perceived collegiate benefits that are at that school. Too many times, the athletic decision is made because they think School A has a BETTER chance to get to the state tournament because all of the "good" players in that area end up transferring there.

 

It has been a problem throughout the state too many times where 8th graders are treated like free agents to pick and choose where they are going to continue their athletic career.

 

Not sure that we want to turn MS athletics into a full-fledged meat market that it is becoming.

 

 

Here's an idea....let each school district do what's best for them. Let this be a district by district decision.

Here's an idea....let each school district do what's best for them. Let this be a district by district decision.
I've been trying to make this point alll along. They already do do it themselves.

 

Any school district in this state that does not have open enrollment, CHOOSES to be that way.

 

And that is a fact.

  • Author
What is bad for Jefferson County might be good for the rest of the state.

What is good for Jefferson County might be bad for the rest of the state.

 

You can't judge a proposal on how it affects only ONE part of the state. The KHSAA is the Kentucky and NOT JEFFERSON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION.

 

I know it is extremely difficult for Jefferson Countians to think outside of their county lines and about that there is more to Kentucky than Louisville, but there is.

 

Now is the proposal a good one. I am not ready to say that. But I understand it's basis as NKY has seen many of a player developed in the MS level by a public school where the coaching staff and program has committed time and playing minutes to the player, only to see them jump to a larger public school or a private school.

 

Not because coaching is better but the perceived collegiate benefits that are at that school. Too many times, the athletic decision is made because they think School A has a BETTER chance to get to the state tournament because all of the "good" players in that area end up transferring there.

 

It has been a problem throughout the state too many times where 8th graders are treated like free agents to pick and choose where they are going to continue their athletic career.

 

Not sure that we want to turn MS athletics into a full-fledged meat market that it is becoming.

I seem to recall a high profile case of a private school kid leaving for a public school to play football. Can you give me some examples of public MS kids having a major impact at a NKY private high school?

I've been trying to make this point alll along. They already do do it themselves.

 

Any school district in this state that does not have open enrollment, CHOOSES to be that way.

 

And that is a fact.

 

:thumb:

 

I know. :D

:thumb:

 

I know. :D

Just wait. People will come on here and argue that it is not their choosing. Just wait...
I seem to recall a high profile case of a private school kid leaving for a public school to play football. Can you give me some examples of public MS kids having a major impact at a NKY private high school?

I can think of one in football in western Kentucky. I can also think of several in basketball at a western Kentucky private school.

Kids will leave both systems for the other. I don't think it is fair to penalize any kid if they leave one system for the other between 8th grade and High School. If people want to put something about transfering between systems after the student starts HS, thats different.

What is bad for Jefferson County might be good for the rest of the state.

What is good for Jefferson County might be bad for the rest of the state.

 

You can't judge a proposal on how it affects only ONE part of the state. The KHSAA is the Kentucky and NOT JEFFERSON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION.

 

I know it is extremely difficult for Jefferson Countians to think outside of their county lines and about that there is more to Kentucky than Louisville, but there is.

 

 

Exactly. Last time I checked, there were private schools in Lexington, Hopkinsville, Owensboro, and Covington also. :thumb:

I can think of one in football in western Kentucky. I can also think of several in basketball at a western Kentucky private school.
On the basketball side, I can think of two private schools in western Kentucky ... one on the baseball side, too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.