March 4, 200719 yr Peterson may not start pronto but I don't think Droughns can sniff is you know what. I don't agree with that. Droughns was injured in Week 2 this season, and that led to his subpar remaining games. However, in 2005 he rushed for over 1,000 yards and looked like a great back. He also had a couple of 1,000 yards' seasons with the Broncos. In todays NFL, you basically have to have a two back system to succeed. The Bears and Colts are perfect examples of that. If you add Peterson to a healthy Droughns, the Browns rushing attack would be really solid.
March 4, 200719 yr Peterson may not start pronto but I don't think Droughns can sniff is you know what. I didn't know jock strap was a word filter violation...
March 4, 200719 yr 1k is nice but I think AP is on a whole different level. The guy was the best player in college as a frosh, Droughns is solid but AP would take the Browns to the next level as a runner. Now you guys wouldn't be in this spot if Butch would have taken Portis instead of a SLOOOOOW, William Green. You never know about those word filter violations, I abbreviated Bryan Station last year in a BBall thread and it gave me the Whammy.
March 5, 200719 yr Did I see Dennis Northcutt to the Jags... watch out.. Jags are getting a WR "Corp."
March 5, 200719 yr Thier best WR retired before last season at age 80, their best returning Wr's are potentially good but Northcutt does nothing for me, he'll be a 3rd receiver at best in a conservative running attatck.
March 5, 200719 yr Thier best WR retired before last season at age 80, their best returning Wr's are potentially good but Northcutt does nothing for me, he'll be a 3rd receiver at best in a conservative running attatck. The are getting closed to duplicating the Bengals. Besides, what player does well with the Browns anymore? Teams usually only have one shut down corner, then one decent corner. You then have the nickel and dime covering guys who could be #1 receivers in the league someday, that makes for a nice passing attack. Not to mention, Jones-Drew catching balls out of the backfield. If Leftwich or Garrard gets it together watch out..
March 6, 200719 yr Travis Henry is a Bronco!!!!! Chalk him up for 1,000 plus next year barring injury:) Ahman Green is a Texan. Great pickups for both teams.
March 6, 200719 yr Author KK and Kelly both might be on the move KK-says the Cincinnati Bengals are still in the picture as far as who he may consider signing with. "They want us to keep them abreast of what's been going on, and I think they said before you make any decisions - which they tell most people - make sure you talk to us and see if they can work something out," Kaesviharn said. "I know they want me there, and it would be hard to say goodbye, but at that same time, sometimes change can be refreshing. We'll see the opportunities that lie ahead." He is also meeting with the Bus thursday Kelly-is expected to decide where he will sign Tuesday, March 6. The Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders and Arizona Cardinals are reportedly the front-runners for Kelly's services.
March 7, 200719 yr KK and Kelly both might be on the move KK-says the Cincinnati Bengals are still in the picture as far as who he may consider signing with. "They want us to keep them abreast of what's been going on, and I think they said before you make any decisions - which they tell most people - make sure you talk to us and see if they can work something out," Kaesviharn said. "I know they want me there, and it would be hard to say goodbye, but at that same time, sometimes change can be refreshing. We'll see the opportunities that lie ahead." He is also meeting with the Bus thursday Kelly-is expected to decide where he will sign Tuesday, March 6. The Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders and Arizona Cardinals are reportedly the front-runners for Kelly's services. They resigned Kelly today. It's said to be a 3-year deal worth $9 million.
March 7, 200719 yr Looks like Daniel Graham has signed with Denver and is now the highest paid TE in the NFL :lol:
March 7, 200719 yr There are some ridiculous deals going on out there. I can see why the Giants didn't make an effort to sign Nate Clements. 8 years $80 million!? WOW! Tons of money being thrown around. The Giants back up TE just signed a $18 million deal with the Vikings...$7 million guranteed! That's as much as the Giants signed O'hara (their starting center) for!!! If Shaun O'hara would have hit the market, he may have gotten $30 million! Good thing the Giants locked him up quickly. :lol: Clements 80 million???? :confused: I think San Fran definitly over paid there. He is good, but not 80 million good. 20-22 million of it is in Bonuses. With 10 million paid up front and 10 million roster bonus for next year? Did san fran think they was one player away?:lol:
March 7, 200719 yr Clements 80 million???? :confused: I think San Fran definitly over paid there. He is good, but not 80 million good. 20-22 million of it is in Bonuses. With 10 million paid up front and 10 million roster bonus for next year? Did san fran think they was one player away?:lol: I read that the final year of Clements deal is basically bogus. So essentially it is a 7 year deal worth $64 million, which is still CRAZY considering he got around $20 mill in bonuses.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.