UK Should "Firmly" ask Tubby to Resign after this Season

Brewsky

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think all judgments should wait till after the season is over. What if UK gets to final 4??? I know, long stretch, but lets see how it ends.... Talk about puting gas on fire, What would be the thoughts or position if UK is to loose 1st or second round NCAA to a team like W. KY, Boise St., College of Charleston...... you get the message. At that point I think the moves can be put into motion as to what UK wants to do. OTS or no OTS, then who???

Let them finish the season for the programs sake. Hey, UK might make the final 16.... which would, in my mind be an overachievement, considering how far back they are ranked now (deservingly so..). BTW SEC tourney will be very interesting as well....... In my mind a 10 - 13 loose season is not UK basketball. The program is and deserves better.....

In my mind a 10 - 13 loose season is not UK basketball. The program is and deserves better.....

This statement I can agree with :thumb: , I am not so sure that a change in the coach would change some lousy, no care attitudes out of the upperclassmen on this team or not. Maybe so. Imo they play like they flat do not give crap. :irked: This seasons freshman class is very good and imo another good recruiting class like this past one things will definately be looking very good.

At least Watusi got the point.

Everyone seemed to think there was "NO WAY" UK would ever "fire" Tubby, but some seemed willing to think he might be asked to step down.

I understand the difference. Firing putting UK in a more negative light than having a coach "step down"

And as for the first thread and this thread, neither are intended to be "Tubby Bashing" threads. I do however think the Program needs a fresh start and a new direction.

Just curious on where the fan base stands on 2-27-07 as of 11:14am.

Do most think Tubby has done enough to return next season? Obviously, there is still ball to ball to be played, but that shouldn't stop a fan from checking the pulse so to speak.

Do you really think that Tubby has forgot how to coach and recruit or has his assistants completely dropped the ball? UK needs new asst. coaches not a new head coach IMO.

I don't think Tubby forgot how to coach but he never was much at recruiting. His asst. coaches are awlful and changes not being made to this point falls squarely on OTS's shoulders. I have mixed feelings are whether or not I would like to see Tubby leave but I do know this...Tubby promised this season would not be like last season but I don't see much difference. Everyone blamed last season on Rondo and the team chemistry but what is the excuse for this season? When does the blame fall on Tubby. The man is making a couple million a year to win games/SEC titles/National titles and none of it is happening. I haven't bought into the sinking ship stuff but look at facts. UK has 5 straight losses (soon to be 6) to Florida, 4 straight to Vandy for gods sake. There is a real possibility they will be swept by Georiga. If they lose the last two and make a one and done in the SEC tourny then UK may be sitting home for the NCAAs. If Tubby doesn't close the deal on PP then this years recruiting class will be one of the worst since he has been here. I am still trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel but there isn't much there.

Here's what I haven't seen discussed...

Say Tubby goes. What players will follow? Hypothetically let's say Morris and Crawford bounce. Would Ramel stay? How about the freshman? If one or two of them transfer how is the roster for the new coach? It would likely rule out Patterson and Lucas, and Stewart would have the shot to reopen his recruitment as well. What would be left for the new coach? Starting over isn't fun. Trust me...