Kentucky at Vanderbilt - 2/25

oldrambler

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky is going to get a big win eventually. They have yet to beat a team ranked in the top 25 when they played them.

They are 4-5 on the road this year and have lost to ranked teams on the road by an average of about 13 points. Ranked at the time they played them, I know UL is now in the top 20.

It ends Sunday, even though everything points to another loss and maybe another poor performance, this team hasn't put together two halves of basketball in a while. I think they win this by 5-10 points. Course with that said, if the Cats go out and lose by 20 I wouldn't be surprised. lol

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cats took this one though.
I wouldn't either, this team has talent (no matter what Tubby bashers want to say.)

My opinion is that this UK team is not better than the sum of its parts. The 3 Juniors, along with Meeks and Jasper, are talented basketball players, but it seems like they mostly play an individual game. If most of them are having a good game, UK can play with good teams. If the wheels are off the bus for more than two of them in a game, it's always ugly. They don't feed off of each other is as good a way to say it as any.

I think UK wins this one... It's not a homer pick by any means because I tend to consider myself a logical thinker and evaluate all situations about the game.

UK has played 4 terrible games in a row... 2 of those games (UF and UT) they recovered and had a chance to win at the end... The Bama game, while the score got closer, I never really had the feeling that the game itself was close. And then the LSU game, they had the comeback and won it.

I could be extremely far off, but I can't see them playing 5 absolutely horrendous games in a row. The Cats have to look to start early and get ahead on this Vandy team. That's probably the worst possible gym in the country to have what almost feels like a "must-win" situation, but that's how it's starting to look to me.

Coach Smith has an extra day to get the boys ready to play... I hope he uses his time wisely. I also look for a lineup change going into this game that actually has a little significance.

I think UK wins this one... It's not a homer pick by any means because I tend to consider myself a logical thinker and evaluate all situations about the game.

UK has played 4 terrible games in a row... 2 of those games (UF and UT) they recovered and had a chance to win at the end... The Bama game, while the score got closer, I never really had the feeling that the game itself was close. And then the LSU game, they had the comeback and won it.

I could be extremely far off, but I can't see them playing 5 absolutely horrendous games in a row. The Cats have to look to start early and get ahead on this Vandy team. That's probably the worst possible gym in the country to have what almost feels like a "must-win" situation, but that's how it's starting to look to me.

Coach Smith has an extra day to get the boys ready to play... I hope he uses his time wisely. I also look for a lineup change going into this game that actually has a little significance.

The problem is, UK could play well and still lose to Vandy. They aren't title contenders, but they are live competition.