Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 66 Elliott Co. 56

Featured Replies

Nice win for the Devils, they appear to be primed for a big postseason run. Where are all the Elliott faithful after the loss, don't be too down it's not a loss in the postseason. With that said it still stings, but you can't let it get you down and get prepared for March.

 

I dont think any of the Elliott faithful is down. Elliott played hard and didnt have their best shooting night. You have to tip your hat to Russell for playing good defense and learn from this game. Everybody is 0-0 starting on Monday.:thumb:

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Win for the Devils!!!! Congrats on an undefeated home schedule this year. That's one goal reached and now let's go after goal #2, then #3. I hopw Scott Gill gets well soon cause we're going to need him come region time. Marcus really stepped up tonight with 15 points on Senior Night. That may just be his career high, I'm pretty sure it. Russell had to finish with it's JV team on the floor other than Ross and Marcus subbing in on offense but they made enough FT to win. Great win!!! Now it's time for the trip to Tomcat country. Should be fun.
;)

 

Assuming Russell is already in the Region, UK? Raceland may have a couple of things to say about that.

Noted. But then you go on to say, "Elliott definitely lost that battle, it took them out of their game early. They were getting hammered and no calls." That implies you were blaming the officials for the loss at least in part.

 

To answer your question. Bellefonte Elementary, Russell Middle School, Russell High School, University of Kentucky and Morehead State University. You may choose whichever one you want.

 

In your previous post you said that Ferguson struggled because he had a long arm to shoot over all night. I didn't mention any particular player, so evidently you saw that he was getting hammered consistently also, but will not admit it. To "note" how much he was hammered a very reliable friend of the family said that Ferguson could not attend school today and was taken to the hospital for Xray's, which showed that he had a severely bruised tailbone and back, so there was some extensive hammering going on and not just a long arm to shoot over. Thank you for listing your extensive school record, I am really impressed.!!!!!

One more Russell question, Does Jeff Davis still coach there?

 

 

 

Coach Davis and Coach Adams left the staff after last season.:walk:

I dont think any of the Elliott faithful is down. Elliott played hard and didnt have their best shooting night. You have to tip your hat to Russell for playing good defense and learn from this game. Everybody is 0-0 starting on Monday.:thumb:

Very good post! Elliot is right in the mix along with Russell and Ashland. There are also a couple others that could win it. Imo these three are more capable of making a 3 game tornament run for the title.

;)

 

Assuming Russell is already in the Region, UK? Raceland may have a couple of things to say about that.

I sure hope that you are right about this one zipp and I hope that Russell players are thinking the same thing in that they are already in the region.

 

Russell is definately a favorite but the Raceland kids will not roll over and play dead. If I remember correctly Russell was the 16th champion (and it was earned) last season and they were also a last second missed shot away from being eliminated in the 1st round of the district.

In your previous post you said that Ferguson struggled because he had a long arm to shoot over all night. I didn't mention any particular player, so evidently you saw that he was getting hammered consistently also, but will not admit it. To "note" how much he was hammered a very reliable friend of the family said that Ferguson could not attend school today and was taken to the hospital for Xray's, which showed that he had a severely bruised tailbone and back, so there was some extensive hammering going on and not just a long arm to shoot over. Thank you for listing your extensive school record, I am really impressed.!!!!!

I mentioned Ferguson because he is Elliott Co's leading scorer. He also never got a clean look. Usually it was a Vanhoose or Robinson arm he had to shoot over. Both have long arms but neither is what you would call bulky or strong. If Ferguson had a bruised tailbone then it most likely is a result of all of the twisting fall away shots he took and ended up falling to the floor quite a bit. In fact I would say most of the contact Ferguson took was initiated by Ferguson himself.

 

I also metioned the slapping and reaching done by Elliott Co on the defensive end. I would say they dished out just as much as they took. Lets see, Elliott Co. pressed and trapped most of the game and they were never the benificiary of a no call. I don't think so.

 

I'm also glad you approve of my educational choices.

I sure hope that you are right about this one zipp and I hope that Russell players are thinking the same thing in that they are already in the region.

 

Russell is definately a favorite but the Raceland kids will not roll over and play dead. If I remember correctly Russell was the 16th champion (and it was earned) last season and they were also a last second missed shot away from being eliminated in the 1st round of the district.

Raceland is always a dangerous team in the post season:thumb:

The greatest incomsistency was the no calls in the first half. Elliott definitely lost that battle, it took them out of their game early. They were getting hammered and no calls.

 

The thing about it is, Russell probably was fouling Elliott County and probably fouling them hard. But you have to give Russell credit because they adjusted to the officating and Elliott COunty did not. From the tip, the refs let it pretty much be known that they were gonna let a lot go on both ends and if the refs arent going to call fouls, then it makes pretty good since to become more physical. Russell did this with success. Elliott County did not match Russell physicality and when you add that with a 33% shooting night you get the difference in the ball game.

Elliott shot poorly and Russell played good enough to win.

Russell was better this night, enough of the complaining about the officials. Some schools fans and supporters just cannot seem to understand and accept that their team is not going to win every game, instead they blame the officials for the loss. So, when Elliot lost in the All A to Paintsville I guess that was bad officiating too. How about just giving credit to Russell and moving on?

Russell was better this night, enough of the complaining about the officials. Some schools fans and supporters just cannot seem to understand and accept that their team is not going to win every game, instead they blame the officials for the loss. So, when Elliot lost in the All A to Paintsville I guess that was bad officiating too. How about just giving credit to Russell and moving on?

 

I agree Russell was better on the given night. I wasnt even close to making the excuse that the refs caused Elliott County the game because I to get sick of that. What I said was that the refs let the game be physical, which is what they should do in this type of a game. They should let the players decide who wins and they did that. I said that Russell adapted to the way the game was being officated and Elliott County did not. Even though I did it in my last post(post #39 if you wanna check dinoradja) I will do it again, credit Russell for playing well and earning the win.

Russell was better this night, enough of the complaining about the officials. Some schools fans and supporters just cannot seem to understand and accept that their team is not going to win every game, instead they blame the officials for the loss. So, when Elliot lost in the All A to Paintsville I guess that was bad officiating too. How about just giving credit to Russell and moving on?

 

The loss in the All "A" was on the hands of the EC coaching staff period.

I dont think any of the Elliott faithful is down. Elliott played hard and didnt have their best shooting night. You have to tip your hat to Russell for playing good defense and learn from this game. Everybody is 0-0 starting on Monday.:thumb:

If I were Russell I would tip my hat to coach mays who put the Elliott player's thru a marine type workout for about an hour monday! One player told me

quote" I am so sore in my leg's I can barely walk, and so sore in my shoulder's

I don't believe they would hold me up if I tried to crawl"quote I am sure he was exxagerating a little, but the point is they were all very sore after monday's practice. I am sure that was good for at least ....hmm...les see....

..........six misses!:D :D

If I were Russell I would tip my hat to coach mays who put the Elliott player's thru a marine type workout for about an hour monday! One player told me

quote" I am so sore in my leg's I can barely walk, and so sore in my shoulder's

I don't believe they would hold me up if I tried to crawl"quote I am sure he was exxagerating a little, but the point is they were all very sore after monday's practice. I am sure that was good for at least ....hmm...les see....

..........six misses!:D :D

Joke ..... Get a JOB !!!
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.