Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 66 Elliott Co. 56

Featured Replies

Russell was better this night, enough of the complaining about the officials. Some schools fans and supporters just cannot seem to understand and accept that their team is not going to win every game, instead they blame the officials for the loss. So, when Elliot lost in the All A to Paintsville I guess that was bad officiating too. How about just giving credit to Russell and moving on?

 

Who died and made you Queen!! I would say in nine out of ten game's, someone come's up on the short end of the stick via the official's. Sometime's it's Elliott, sometime's it's Russell etc,etc,etc. Official's make bad call's regardless of what anyone want's to think. I even recall the Russell fan's freaking out a few time's last night. Sometime's it is intentional, and sometime's it's not. I have a good friend who is a ref,and he has been told at new location's " If player x and player z penetrate and miss, go ahead and call a foul because they probably got hit anyway. "I dont like this coach, if there is a little doubt, give the call to the other team." Lay off this kid, he's a friend of mine, and also very good. Just three of many. Ref's do make bad call's sometimes more for one team than the other. To say it doesn't happen is a lie!

So people do have a right to gripe about it! I guess if a person don't like it, they don't have to read it or listen to it.:D I would venture to say that if you could(you can't) get the truth out of everyone on this sight, there is not one who has not blamed the ref's before, especially if they lose:thumb: Or see one of their own getting "HAMMERED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned Ferguson because he is Elliott Co's leading scorer. He also never got a clean look. Usually it was a Vanhoose or Robinson arm he had to shoot over. Both have long arms but neither is what you would call bulky or strong. If Ferguson had a bruised tailbone then it most likely is a result of all of the twisting fall away shots he took and ended up falling to the floor quite a bit. In fact I would say most of the contact Ferguson took was initiated by Ferguson himself.

 

I also metioned the slapping and reaching done by Elliott Co on the defensive end. I would say they dished out just as much as they took. Lets see, Elliott Co. pressed and trapped most of the game and they were never the benificiary of a no call. I don't think so.

 

I'm also glad you approve of my educational choices.

 

Evidently education has blinded your eyes to realilty. Have a nice day.

Evidently education has blinded your eyes to realilty. Have a nice day.

Or opened my mind to see both sides of a situation.:thumb:

 

 

As some on here have pointed out. Myself included. The officiating was not the best. And yes the Russell fans freaked out a couple of times too. But to say either team got away with more than the other in what was a physical game would be untrue.

Who died and made you Queen!! I would say in nine out of ten game's, someone come's up on the short end of the stick via the official's. Sometime's it's Elliott, sometime's it's Russell etc,etc,etc. Official's make bad call's regardless of what anyone want's to think. I even recall the Russell fan's freaking out a few time's last night. Sometime's it is intentional, and sometime's it's not. I have a good friend who is a ref,and he has been told at new location's " If player x and player z penetrate and miss, go ahead and call a foul because they probably got hit anyway. "I dont like this coach, if there is a little doubt, give the call to the other team." Lay off this kid, he's a friend of mine, and also very good. Just three of many. Ref's do make bad call's sometimes more for one team than the other. To say it doesn't happen is a lie!

So people do have a right to gripe about it! I guess if a person don't like it, they don't have to read it or listen to it.:D I would venture to say that if you could(you can't) get the truth out of everyone on this sight, there is not one who has not blamed the ref's before, especially if they lose:thumb: Or see one of their own getting "HAMMERED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth is using an official’s lack of judgment as you excuse for a loss is lame in most cases. There is always something your team has control of (turnovers, poor shot selection, not blocking out for a rebound, etc...) that causes one to lose a game. Officials are officials and they are going to make bad calls, you have to live with that going into every game. The truth is there is no real luck in this world and you have to make your own breaks.

Who died and made you Queen!! I would say in nine out of ten game's, someone come's up on the short end of the stick via the official's. Sometime's it's Elliott, sometime's it's Russell etc,etc,etc. Official's make bad call's regardless of what anyone want's to think. I even recall the Russell fan's freaking out a few time's last night. Sometime's it is intentional, and sometime's it's not. I have a good friend who is a ref,and he has been told at new location's " If player x and player z penetrate and miss, go ahead and call a foul because they probably got hit anyway. "I dont like this coach, if there is a little doubt, give the call to the other team." Lay off this kid, he's a friend of mine, and also very good. Just three of many. Ref's do make bad call's sometimes more for one team than the other. To say it doesn't happen is a lie!

So people do have a right to gripe about it! I guess if a person don't like it, they don't have to read it or listen to it.:D I would venture to say that if you could(you can't) get the truth out of everyone on this sight, there is not one who has not blamed the ref's before, especially if they lose:thumb: Or see one of their own getting "HAMMERED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have coached, officiated and played in the 16th region and I know that officials make mistakes, just like coaches and players do. And I have seen my own get hammered and a call not get made. So does that mean that the officials cost my team the game? No. The officials don't take shots, pass the ball or play defense. If they make a bad call then do the same thing when you take a bad shot or make a bad pass; get over it and go on and play the game. But I am sure that I am not the only one that finds it ridiculous that so many fans, a lot of them from a couple of schools, blame the officials every time that their team loses. I have SO much respect for those who have posted on here just giving Russell credit for the win and hoping to play them again in the post season. That is the right attitude to take. I am sure that the Lions players would like nothing better than to end Russell's season in the regional tournament and that could happen. Elliot is a very good team that on any given night can beat anyone in this region. That is why anyone blaming the refs are doing both Elliot and Russell an injustice. And by the way, I am not a queen, but you can call me king if you would like.

Kudos to Russell. They did play well...can't say I'm happy about it....none the less they got things done. Elliott looked tired--that's an odd sight for the season.

 

I hope we meet again! Outcome may not be any different, but it would be a heck of a game--like last year's finals.

 

I'm already excited. Hope neither team disappoints!

I have coached, officiated and played in the 16th region and I know that officials make mistakes, just like coaches and players do. And I have seen my own get hammered and a call not get made. So does that mean that the officials cost my team the game? No. The officials don't take shots, pass the ball or play defense. If they make a bad call then do the same thing when you take a bad shot or make a bad pass; get over it and go on and play the game. But I am sure that I am not the only one that finds it ridiculous that so many fans, a lot of them from a couple of schools, blame the officials every time that their team loses. I have SO much respect for those who have posted on here just giving Russell credit for the win and hoping to play them again in the post season. That is the right attitude to take. I am sure that the Lions players would like nothing better than to end Russell's season in the regional tournament and that could happen. Elliot is a very good team that on any given night can beat anyone in this region. That is why anyone blaming the refs are doing both Elliot and Russell an injustice. And by the way, I am not a queen, but you can call me king if you would like.

 

Could it be that you are from the general area that some of the Ref's are from and the schools that you support are on the receiving end of the calls, and the schools you are referring to are small schools that don't carry the weight with the officials that some of the larger schools do? It is easy to see in life that peer pressure influences everyone regardless of their profession, so to say that officiating is not influenced by the more influential schools and friends, and that officiation does not change the game would be ludricous.

^Mel Gibson - Conspiracy Theory

^Mel Gibson - Conspiracy Theory

 

Is that all you can come up with? I have heard that the truth really hurts.

 

signing off no more post on this thread.:walk:

I posted a warning in the other Elliott thread. I am doing the same here.

 

Stick to the topic, and quit trying to outwit each other.

I have coached, officiated and played in the 16th region and I know that officials make mistakes, just like coaches and players do. And I have seen my own get hammered and a call not get made. So does that mean that the officials cost my team the game? No. The officials don't take shots, pass the ball or play defense. If they make a bad call then do the same thing when you take a bad shot or make a bad pass; get over it and go on and play the game. But I am sure that I am not the only one that finds it ridiculous that so many fans, a lot of them from a couple of schools, blame the officials every time that their team loses. I have SO much respect for those who have posted on here just giving Russell credit for the win and hoping to play them again in the post season. That is the right attitude to take. I am sure that the Lions players would like nothing better than to end Russell's season in the regional tournament and that could happen. Elliot is a very good team that on any given night can beat anyone in this region. That is why anyone blaming the refs are doing both Elliot and Russell an injustice. And by the way, I am not a queen, but you can call me king if you would like.
If you are as educated in sport's as you say you are, and were honest, you couldn't say that official's don't make call's that change the game. They make "momentum buster's" as it is called United State's wide(im sure you have heard the term as much as you are involved with sport's) all the time. If you had read into my post very deep, you would have seen as I stated, it was mainly about people trying to be politically correct and exonerate them as if they never make a mistake, along with you telling thepublic"enough complaining about the official's". This is America dude, learn the rule's!! In my post I did not blame the official's. I simply stated that they do make bad call's(sometime's on purpose sometimes not) and they do. And I would bet that even you at some time or another have complained about a ref's call changing a game, whether it be your favorite college team, high school team, basketball, football, and probably for sure the team you coached. You and I can come back at each other for day's, but the bottom line is ref's make bad call's, they change momentum, and sometime's in close game's a bad call cost's someone the game.
Is that all you can come up with? I have heard that the truth really hurts.

 

signing off no more post on this thread.:walk:

Just continuing the movie theme.

Could it be that you are from the general area that some of the Ref's are from and the schools that you support are on the receiving end of the calls, and the schools you are referring to are small schools that don't carry the weight with the officials that some of the larger schools do? It is easy to see in life that peer pressure influences everyone regardless of their profession, so to say that officiating is not influenced by the more influential schools and friends, and that officiation does not change the game would be ludricous.

I don't think it would be too hard to figure out that I am from the general area that the officials are from since I say that I am from Ashland Kentucky and coached, officiated and played in the 16th region. As far as the teams I support, I support two of the smallest schools in the region. Officials are not influenced in the manner you suggest. If all the larger schools were getting the breaks then last year I guess Fairview and Elliott would have been out of the regional tournament. Fact: Russell returned most of their best players from last year as did Elliott. Fact: Russell beat Elliott in the regional tournament. So, why is it that the officials cost the Lions the game? Maybe, just maybe, Russell is better than Elliott, at least this past Tuesday night. And yes, the schools I am talking about whose fans are constantly blaming the officials are small schools, at least one of them for sure.

Just continuing the movie theme.

 

And it is a bad movie too. :sleep:

Fastbreak said, stick to the topic....Which is Russell and Elliott County and not Referees and other.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.