Kentucky Basketball = Final Four

MSUEagles

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone would provide some REAL insight as to why they think so rather than, "I know this team has the potential," it might be a little different...

I think the biggest thing that gives UK a shot at making it is I believe UK is 1 of the best 5 defensive teams in America this year. Now to say that its likely UK will make it to the Final 4 is more wishful thinking. To say that it couldnt happen is not really looking at things logically. It obviously could happen. Look at what George Mason, LSU, Florida, and UCLA did last year. At this time last year I dont know if any of those teams were ranked in the top 10.

I think the biggest thing that gives UK a shot at making it is I believe UK is 1 of the best 5 defensive teams in America this year. Now to say that its likely UK will make it to the Final 4 is more wishful thinking. To say that it couldnt happen is not really looking at things logically. It obviously could happen. Look at what George Mason, LSU, Florida, and UCLA did last year. At this time last year I dont know if any of those teams were ranked in the top 10.

And Louisville COULD also make the Final Four...That logic isn't gonna fly, LMB...

And Louisville COULD also make the Final Four...That logic isn't gonna fly, LMB...

???

What isnt going to fly about it? Ultimately its going to take some players really coming together, but its definitly a possibility. UK was beaten in a very close game by Florida. Only 1 player played well offensively and that was Morris. Bradley made some big plays, but he also was having an awful night up until 2 minutes left in the game.

Its probably going to take a little luck, but if UK could get Crawford, Morris, and Bradley all playing well on the same night then we would be dangerous.

???

What isnt going to fly about it? Ultimately its going to take some players really coming together, but its definitly a possibility. UK was beaten in a very close game by Florida. Only 1 player played well offensively and that was Morris. Bradley made some big plays, but he also was having an awful night up until 2 minutes left in the game.

Its probably going to take a little luck, but if UK could get Crawford, Morris, and Bradley all playing well on the same night then we would be dangerous.

And that is one of the biggest "ifs" in College Basketball...How many nights this year, or heck even since all three have been on the squad, has that happened? You're gonna tell me they can do that for four consecutive games? I'll call shenanigans (bugatti 2002).

???

And IF UL gets Palacios, T Will and Padgett playing well on the same FOUR nights they could be there as well. Again, it doesn't fly...

And that is one of the biggest "ifs" in College Basketball...How many nights this year, or heck even since all three have been on the squad, has that happened? You're gonna tell me they can do that for four consecutive games? I'll call shenanigans (bugatti 2002).

The thing is they dont have to all 3 be great to win. Just solid, decent shooting nights.

Hey Im not saying that Im predicting UK will go to the Final 4. I do think UK is 1 of 20 teams I would say have a decent shot at it right now. When you can D other teams up you have a chance.

And IF UL gets Palacios, T Will and Padgett playing well on the same FOUR nights they could be there as well. Again, it doesn't fly...

I think the idea of UK making it to the Final 4 flies much better than Texas because we actually play good defense.

Whats the old cliche? Defense wins championships.

Try to remember that when picking your next pick for a National Title. :thumb:

I think the idea of UK making it to the Final 4 flies much better than Texas because we actually play good defense.

Whats the old cliche? Defense wins championships.

Try to remember that when picking your next pick for a National Title. :thumb:

Florida last year seemed to work. I didn't know how Texas would play D when I pick them in November. The D looked pretty good tonight. But you can keep clinging to my November random pick if it makes you feel better. Very weak LMB...

I disagree. Bradley is not a true PG and never will be.

And I disagree with you! Yeah I admit he is not a TRUE pg, but there has been alot of very good pg on very successful teams that have not been TRUE pg's. You dont have to be the definition of a true pg to run the team. As I have said before I admitted earlier in the year Bradley didn't do a good job at all at running the point, but its time for you all to admit that for the last month or so when he has been at the point he has done a VERY GOOD job. Yeah Jasper did a good job when he first stepped in and got this team flowing right on offense, after we didn't do so well to start off the year, and I pretty sure Bradley probably has learned from seeing how Jasper did it. But with Bradley at the point it gives this offense alot more options. He has been alot better lately at not pounding the ball as much and making quicker passes. But he also is the best one out of are guards at driving the basket which opens up lanes for other to get open and gets other teams bigs in foul trouble, and well Jasper does not drive to the basket it all, so in the half court offense which we are usually in, he creates NO shots for anyone else. Bradley also gives us a pg who is a threat to score for outside which we haven't had in 2 and a half years now. Also probably the most important thing out of all of this is when Bradley is at the point it gives us a chance to have our best lineup out there which is bradley, meeks, crawford,PF,Morris. You all dont seem to get that you dont have to be a true pg to be a good pg. Gerald Fitch was definitely a shooting guard and not a pg at all and he played pg his junior which is 03 and looked how good we were. And well besides the beginning of the year, Bradley has for the last month done a very good job at running the point when he has and that is a fact...

Florida last year seemed to work. I didn't know how Texas would play D when I pick them in November. The D looked pretty good tonight. But you can keep clinging to my November random pick if it makes you feel better. Very weak LMB...

Yeah I know its easy for you to dismiss something like that when you know how far off it is now. way to twist things around there pal.

Also, when I say if Crawford, Morris, and Bradley all play well we do have a good shot at making it to the Final 4. Never have I said that I think they will or predicted that they will, although I do think its possible. Also players like Meeks and Perry have the ability to give us a real boost scoring wise as well.

Yeah I know its easy for you to dismiss something like that when you know how far off it is now. way to twist things around there pal.

Also, when I say if Crawford, Morris, and Bradley all play well we do have a good shot at making it to the Final 4. Never have I said that I think they will or predicted that they will, although I do think its possible. Also players like Meeks and Perry have the ability to give us a real boost scoring wise as well.

You can spin the same story for about 40 teams right now. "If our best 3 players are on and they get help from a few others we have a shot". No kidding... :rolleyes: