Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central 74 Montgomery County 69

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, The Professor said:

They even wear close to the same uniform colors. 
I remember they played each other in the state tournament back in the ‘90s and that was two of the largest fan bases I’ve ever seen in Rupp Arena for the Sweet 16.

Everybody was close to Rupp.

1 hour ago, 11kodiak said:

FT’s were 31 Central to 6 MOCO

Last qtr fouls were 9-2.  

That is a little odd when one considers Montgomery drives the ball to the basket often in their offense.

Sometimes free throw counts are lopsided because one team attacks the basket and the other takes mostly outside shots, but that is not the case with MoCo. 31-6 is a big differential!

1 hour ago, 11kodiak said:

FT’s were 31 Central to 6 MOCO

Last qtr fouls were 9-2.  

Did Montgomery have any players left at the end of the game?

Just now, 4 Quarters said:

Did Montgomery have any players left at the end of the game?

Jarvis fouled out with 3:39 left in game.  

I watched Jake Feldhaus shoot 27 FT’s by himself against GRC. He plays like a bull then falls and flops on the shot and refs usually call it.

8 hours ago, Mahogany21 said:

I watched Jake Feldhaus shoot 27 FT’s by himself against GRC. He plays like a bull then falls and flops on the shot and refs usually call it.

I agree with this. I think Jake is a great player but he is product of this generation of watching their nba heroes flop around. Jake is 6’7 and 200 plus lbs there is no way kids can knock him to the floor as much as he falls. Stay on your feet big fellow and dominate. 

12 hours ago, The Professor said:

I remember they played each other in the state tournament back in the ‘90s and that was two of the largest fan bases I’ve ever seen in Rupp Arena for the Sweet 16.

It wasn't that far back, Professor! They both played in the 2013 state tournament, but not against each other. There were 20,172 people at Rupp for the semifinals when Montgomery lost to Ballard and Madison Central beat Hopkinsville.

Madison Central was part of another huge crowd in the Friday afternoon session in 1999 when Marquis Estill and Kenneal "The Highlight Reel" Jenkins lost to Rick Jones, Scott Hundley, A.W. Hamilton and Scott County, 80-67. The attendance was 23,965 which I believe is still the record for a single session at the state tournament.

1 hour ago, Bballjunkie said:

I agree with this. I think Jake is a great player but he is product of this generation of watching their nba heroes flop around. Jake is 6’7 and 200 plus lbs there is no way kids can knock him to the floor as much as he falls. Stay on your feet big fellow and dominate. 

Whatever his style may be, seems to be working quite nicely for him!!

5 hours ago, Bballjunkie said:

I agree with this. I think Jake is a great player but he is product of this generation of watching their nba heroes flop around. Jake is 6’7 and 200 plus lbs there is no way kids can knock him to the floor as much as he falls. Stay on your feet big fellow and dominate. 

The kid is a Carson Williams type player, he plays hard and leaves it all on the floor.

9 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

It wasn't that far back, Professor! They both played in the 2013 state tournament, but not against each other. There were 20,172 people at Rupp for the semifinals when Montgomery lost to Ballard and Madison Central beat Hopkinsville.

Madison Central was part of another huge crowd in the Friday afternoon session in 1999 when Marquis Estill and Kenneal "The Highlight Reel" Jenkins lost to Rick Jones, Scott Hundley, A.W. Hamilton and Scott County, 80-67. The attendance was 23,965 which I believe is still the record for a single session at the state tournament.

Okay. I’m getting my tourney dates confused. That is what age does to one. ?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.