Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Gallatin County

Featured Replies

39 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

He is the new head coach at Western Hills. Was hired this off season. 

 

I am an old guy... but I have never seen anything like this year and the head football coach openings. Crazy times. 

That’s what I thought. So I would by surprised if that rumor of him being interested is true. 

  • Replies 51
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The sarge
    The sarge

    He hasn't even coached a down of football at Western Hills, and he is already trying to leave????

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

That’s what I thought. So I would by surprised if that rumor of him being interested is true. 

Normally, I would agree with you. But, some of the stuff I have seen happen the past 4 years, doesn’t make a lot of sense to me anymore. 

2 hours ago, BBHCEAGLE said:

His success at Carroll I think can be attributed to his predecessor. Once his influence was gone, it kind of went belly up.

Was he there 3 or 4 years. He got let go after the ‘21 season. On paper he had successful seasons. He just couldn’t get over the Walton hump. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I just don’t know if he was there long enough to make that decision. Win lose wise didn’t drop off when he took over. 
 

He is the HC at Western Hills but I don’t know if he has a teaching job there. 

He is VERY interested!!! Or that’s the word in the Capital City!!!

Can confirm it is Justin Franklin in the mix, interviewing sometime today or tomorrow. I don't think it would be a great fit for him personally to walk into that situation, him also already being a HC in Frankfort would personally be enough for me to say no and he hasn't coached a game there yet so what about those kids? I understand there has been issues with him but if GC goes with him I think it would be a mistake given his track record. I also know he had a huge rumor mill last year at Scott. If he gets it. goodluck. 

 

10 hours ago, barrel said:

Was he there 3 or 4 years. He got let go after the ‘21 season. On paper he had successful seasons. He just couldn’t get over the Walton hump. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I just don’t know if he was there long enough to make that decision. Win lose wise didn’t drop off when he took over. 
 

He is the HC at Western Hills but I don’t know if he has a teaching job there. 

Think Justin Franklin would be a solid fit. Knows the area and could be a guy who could stay for some length of time. 

27 minutes ago, TRPride said:

 

Think Justin Franklin would be a solid fit. Knows the area and could be a guy who could stay for some length of time. 

Saying he is a "fit" is a stretch. Also hasn't had a HC job longer than 2 years. 

3 minutes ago, DiamondGator23 said:

Saying he is a "fit" is a stretch. Also hasn't had a HC job longer than 2 years. 

Trimble Co. 2012-15

Carroll Co. 19-21

Scott 24-25

Western Hills - 26- Present

2 Stops over 2 years, Riherd listed him as a coach there. 2 out of his 4 stops have been regionally, and he competed against Gallatin. Believe "fit" is the right word for him; his background has been comprised mainly of rural schools in that area. Plus, he could probably attract a staff quickly from the surrounding area of his former guys or players. 

1 hour ago, DiamondGator23 said:

Can confirm it is Justin Franklin in the mix, interviewing sometime today or tomorrow. I don't think it would be a great fit for him personally to walk into that situation, him also already being a HC in Frankfort would personally be enough for me to say no and he hasn't coached a game there yet so what about those kids? I understand there has been issues with him but if GC goes with him I think it would be a mistake given his track record. I also know he had a huge rumor mill last year at Scott. If he gets it. goodluck. 

What rumors? I feel bad for the Western Hills kids, too; they are in just as bad a shape if they get another change at HC as well. 

He hasn't even coached a down of football at Western Hills, and he is already trying to leave????

2 hours ago, TRPride said:

 

Think Justin Franklin would be a solid fit. Knows the area and could be a guy who could stay for some length of time. 

I am not sure if that last sentence is true, just based off track record. Considering he was only at Carroll County for 3 years, only at Scott for 2 years, and now hasn't even coached a down at Western Hills yet, but may possibly leave for this job. That really doesn't scream like someone that could stay for a length of time. 

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I am not sure if that last sentence is true, just based off track record. Considering he was only at Carroll County for 3 years, only at Scott for 2 years, and now hasn't even coached a down at Western Hills yet, but may possibly leave for this job. That really doesn't scream like someone that could stay for a length of time. 

How does this guy keep getting head coaching jobs? Must be an outstanding interview.

The biggest thing these players need is stability from a head coach who will stick around for longer than a cup of coffee. that's at any program obviously, but to be on the search this late at the end of the school year and possibly looking at a coach who has a track record of bouncing around and already willing to leave a school where he hasn't even coached a game, let alone a summer practice does not sound like the move. Hopefully Gallatin can figure it out and have success down the road. 

4 hours ago, TRPride said:

Trimble Co. 2012-15

Carroll Co. 19-21

Scott 24-25

Western Hills - 26- Present

2 Stops over 2 years, Riherd listed him as a coach there. 2 out of his 4 stops have been regionally, and he competed against Gallatin. Believe "fit" is the right word for him; his background has been comprised mainly of rural schools in that area. Plus, he could probably attract a staff quickly from the surrounding area of his former guys or players. 

What rumors? I feel bad for the Western Hills kids, too; they are in just as bad a shape if they get another change at HC as well. 

Seems like the guy is always trying to chase jobs. Then leaves under curious and controversial circumstances. Then the programs are seemingly worse then when he got there. 

I don't think that's a right "fit" for any program. Much less a program that is in need of some stability. I hope that see through the " Used car salesmen" approach he seems to have. 

They need a young hungry coach that can build and grow with the program.

2 hours ago, The sarge said:

He hasn't even coached a down of football at Western Hills, and he is already trying to leave????

What about the assistants on staff already? Why not pull the older guys?

2 minutes ago, BBHCEAGLE said:

Seems like the guy is always trying to chase jobs. Then leaves under curious and controversial circumstances. Then the programs are seemingly worse then when he got there. 

I don't think that's a right "fit" for any program. Much less a program that is in need of some stability. I hope that see through the " Used car salesmen" approach he seems to have. 

They need a young hungry coach that can build and grow with the program.

You and others make valid points. I was just using his resume tenure and thought he could be the guy this late in process. 
 

Overall this is a mess. Young and hungry is possibility, but is this the right job to jump at in almost June? 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.