Boston Celtics

THey will win when they do the draft lottery with either Oden or Durant

Having the worst record in the league only gives you a 1/4 chance of winning the lottery. Having the 2nd worst record gives you less chance than that, so it's a little too early to say who will get #1.

But assuming they do, I say they trade PP and draft Durant.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRE DANNY AINGE!!!!!! What is it about team presidents that they think just b/c a player was good that he is a good judge of talent?

The Celtics are still very young. Look at their best players, Jefferson, Green, Rondo, West, Telfair, etc. All those guys are really young players. Their only real veterans are Peirce and Wally.

I think they are better off to trade atleast 1 of them (which they have to get healthy 1st).

If they were to get the number 1, who are they better off taking? Oden or Durant. I can see the need for a wing scorer, especially if they were to trade Pierce. With Oden though, you are getting a major big man who actually looks a lot like Robert Parrish ;). If you dont trade Pierce, then I tend to think Oden may be the best way to go. Either way you arent hurting.

If they were to get the number 1, who are they better off taking? Oden or Durant. I can see the need for a wing scorer, especially if they were to trade Pierce. With Oden though, you are getting a major big man who actually looks a lot like Robert Parrish ;). If you dont trade Pierce, then I tend to think Oden may be the best way to go. Either way you arent hurting.

Oden = Parrish

Durant = McGrady

They will package their 1st pick and a few players for Gasol before the trade deadline...

Don't know about that one, but think about if it did happen. Maybe the Celts and Griz get the 1 and 2 picks. Then you take Durant and Oden. You hate to give up Gasol, but thats a bright future. I just dont know if its a good move for the Celtics or not, depending on what they give up.

Don't know about that one, but think about if it did happen. Maybe the Celts and Griz get the 1 and 2 picks. Then you take Durant and Oden. You hate to give up Gasol, but thats a bright future. I just dont know if its a good move for the Celtics or not, depending on what they give up.

I'm not sold on it either, but Boston keeps coming up as the place Gasol lands because the Bulls won't pull the trigger. And if they do trade for him, the pick will be included IMO. Time will tell I guess...

They will package their 1st pick and a few players for Gasol before the trade deadline...

Could the Celtics put a top-2 protection on that pick if they trade it? It would make sense that if Boston wants either Oden or Durant they could do that and trade the pick to Memphis. If they get the 1 or 2 spot, they can get one of the rookies plus Gasol, but if they are out of the top 2, Memphis gets the pick that year. I'd say that is the only way Boston trades that pick, IMO. No way they give up 2 or more of their young players AND a chance to get Oden/Durant, right?

Could the Celtics put a top-2 protection on that pick if they trade it? It would make sense that if Boston wants either Oden or Durant they could do that and trade the pick to Memphis. If they get the 1 or 2 spot, they can get one of the rookies plus Gasol, but if they are out of the top 2, Memphis gets the pick that year. I'd say that is the only way Boston trades that pick, IMO. No way they give up 2 or more of their young players AND a chance to get Oden/Durant, right?

The move would seem illogical, but it is the Celtics...