February 7, 200719 yr THey will win when they do the draft lottery with either Oden or Durant Having the worst record in the league only gives you a 1/4 chance of winning the lottery. Having the 2nd worst record gives you less chance than that, so it's a little too early to say who will get #1. But assuming they do, I say they trade PP and draft Durant.
February 7, 200719 yr FIRE DANNY AINGE!!!!!! What is it about team presidents that they think just b/c a player was good that he is a good judge of talent? :thumb:
February 7, 200719 yr FIRE DANNY AINGE!!!!!! What is it about team presidents that they think just b/c a player was good that he is a good judge of talent? The Celtics are still very young. Look at their best players, Jefferson, Green, Rondo, West, Telfair, etc. All those guys are really young players. Their only real veterans are Peirce and Wally. I think they are better off to trade atleast 1 of them (which they have to get healthy 1st).
February 7, 200719 yr If they were to get the number 1, who are they better off taking? Oden or Durant. I can see the need for a wing scorer, especially if they were to trade Pierce. With Oden though, you are getting a major big man who actually looks a lot like Robert Parrish . If you dont trade Pierce, then I tend to think Oden may be the best way to go. Either way you arent hurting.
February 7, 200719 yr They will package their 1st pick and a few players for Gasol before the trade deadline...
February 7, 200719 yr If they were to get the number 1, who are they better off taking? Oden or Durant. I can see the need for a wing scorer, especially if they were to trade Pierce. With Oden though, you are getting a major big man who actually looks a lot like Robert Parrish . If you dont trade Pierce, then I tend to think Oden may be the best way to go. Either way you arent hurting. Oden = Parrish Durant = McGrady
February 7, 200719 yr They will package their 1st pick and a few players for Gasol before the trade deadline... Don't know about that one, but think about if it did happen. Maybe the Celts and Griz get the 1 and 2 picks. Then you take Durant and Oden. You hate to give up Gasol, but thats a bright future. I just dont know if its a good move for the Celtics or not, depending on what they give up.
February 7, 200719 yr Oden = Parrish Durant = McGrady If their careers are going to be similar, Oden is a no brainer.
February 7, 200719 yr Don't know about that one, but think about if it did happen. Maybe the Celts and Griz get the 1 and 2 picks. Then you take Durant and Oden. You hate to give up Gasol, but thats a bright future. I just dont know if its a good move for the Celtics or not, depending on what they give up. I'm not sold on it either, but Boston keeps coming up as the place Gasol lands because the Bulls won't pull the trigger. And if they do trade for him, the pick will be included IMO. Time will tell I guess...
February 7, 200719 yr All the rumors I've heard about the trade say nothing about the pick being involved... The major rumor I'm hearing is Green, Jefferson, and something to fill the remaining cap space for Gasol.
February 7, 200719 yr They will package their 1st pick and a few players for Gasol before the trade deadline... Could the Celtics put a top-2 protection on that pick if they trade it? It would make sense that if Boston wants either Oden or Durant they could do that and trade the pick to Memphis. If they get the 1 or 2 spot, they can get one of the rookies plus Gasol, but if they are out of the top 2, Memphis gets the pick that year. I'd say that is the only way Boston trades that pick, IMO. No way they give up 2 or more of their young players AND a chance to get Oden/Durant, right?
February 7, 200719 yr Could the Celtics put a top-2 protection on that pick if they trade it? It would make sense that if Boston wants either Oden or Durant they could do that and trade the pick to Memphis. If they get the 1 or 2 spot, they can get one of the rookies plus Gasol, but if they are out of the top 2, Memphis gets the pick that year. I'd say that is the only way Boston trades that pick, IMO. No way they give up 2 or more of their young players AND a chance to get Oden/Durant, right? The move would seem illogical, but it is the Celtics...
February 7, 200719 yr Let The Sports Guy show you the art of "fantanking." http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070202_magazine
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.