Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6A RPI Rankings - 2025

Featured Replies

On 10/21/2025 at 6:39 PM, VF111 said:

All three of South Warren's State Championship teams 2015, 2018, and 2021 would have handled Trinity those years had they played.

When South is State Championship caliber, they are a problem.  

When Trinity is an "up" Trinity team, I admit, they are untouchable for KY teams. BUT, this Trinity team is not one of those teams. Are they still the best in KY until proven otherwise, yes. Would South or X be scared to catch them in the playoffs... hardly. 

The Rocks must have the worst win percentage in hypothetical games here on BGP than any other school. Usually we don’t start losing till just after a State Title. ?

  • Replies 73
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Rocks must have the worst win percentage in hypothetical games here on BGP than any other school. Usually we don’t start losing till just after a State Title. ?

  • Consider these 2 examples as the flawed nature of the RPI.  A brutal absurdity. Oldham County receives a .62 for defeating a mediocre 3A DeSales squad   St. X receives a .51 for losing

  • There is a lot of football left to be played. If T and X were to meet in the finals, that would be fine, but if T has to go to X's field for a home game, that's only because T must play at least 3 out

Posted Images

  • Author
Just now, Rock85 said:

The Rocks must have the worst win percentage in hypothetical games here on BGP than any other school. Usually we don’t start losing till just after a State Title. ?

To his point but unlike him, I really like this T team.  I think they are pretty good by T standards.

7 hours ago, thsrocks said:

Does South Warren only have 1,500 for bleacher seating?  The South Warren schedule may come back to haunt them. Manual is the only opponent that stands out this season.  The Warriors have smooth sailing until the semi-finals.  

Who are the Warriors???!?

do you mean Spartans??? 
 

South fans have heard this for years and years about their schedule haunting them go back and look at the three years they won the state championships they had the same thing. Unfortunately their district is decided by the state.  They played Manual and who would have thunk BG would be as down this year as they are so. We will have to wait and see.  
 

On another note I do think Trinity is probably the standard setter and the team to beat but I wouldn’t sleep on or count the Smith son Father combo out at South.

4 hours ago, Rock85 said:

The Rocks must have the worst win percentage in hypothetical games here on BGP than any other school. Usually we don’t start losing till just after a State Title. ?

How'd y'all do those three years I mentioned?

The battle for homefield advantage has taken another turn. I did not project that the Broncos would surge in the RPI like this. Also of interest, Madison Central would jump Ryle with a St. X upset. 

 

Screenshot_20251025_023050_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

The battle for homefield advantage has taken another turn. I did not project that the Broncos would surge in the RPI like this. Also of interest, Madison Central would jump Ryle with a St. X upset. 

 

Screenshot_20251025_023050_Chrome.jpg

Frederick Douglass vs. Boyle County will also impact. 

12 hours ago, jcarter said:

Who are the Warriors???!?

do you mean Spartans??? 
 

Yes, I meant Spartans. My bad. I am hoping for a trip to Nashville Rd in place of a trip to Poplar Level Rd  I know this is hypothetical.  The possibilities are both intriguing to me. South would offer another new opponent to add to the Trinity football history (as is Great Crossing).  
Those districts put together by the KHSAA can be a point of contention. Much like the use of RPI.  

  • Author
1 South Warren 6A 2 9 - 0     9 .98551 .50315 .58393 .69621
2 DuPont Manual 6A 3 7 - 2     9 .76328 .63853 .54457 .65401
3 Frederick Douglass 6A 8 6 - 3     9 .66667 .67365 .53912 .63085
4 St. Xavier 6A 3 6 - 3     9 .66667 .63067 .58598 .62986
5 Trinity (Louisville) 6A 5 8 - 2     10 .80000 .48840 .56137 .61935
6 Ryle 6A 6 6 - 3     9 .66667 .58365 .53959 .59949
7 Madison Central 6A 8 6 - 3     9 .63768 .53201 .58575 .58512
8 McCracken County 6A 1 5 - 4     9 .51750 .67348 .50074 .56707
9 Male 6A 4 6 - 3     9 .66667 .44452 .55758 .55619
10 Bryan Station 6A 8 4 - 5     9 .44444 .61888 .54999 .53716
11 Simon Kenton 6A 6 5 - 4     9 .54106 .48189 .55527 .52462
12 Ballard 6A 5 4 - 5     9 .44444 .58937 .52611 .51967
13 Hopkinsville 6A 1 5 - 4     9 .55556 .49176 .51006 .51958
14 Oldham County 6A 5 5 - 4     9 .52845 .50817 .51690 .51789
15 Bullitt East 6A 4 5 - 4     9 .48851 .56244 .49630 .51672
16 George Rogers Clark 6A 8 5 - 5     10 .48695 .50053 .51408 .49985
17 North Hardin 6A 3 4 - 5     9 .41734 .48833 .59797 .49637
18 Daviess County 6A 2 4 - 5     9 .39687 .49398 .52657 .46977
19 Tates Creek 6A 7 4 - 5     9 .44444 .42699 .53551 .46566
20 Campbell County 6A 6 3 - 6     9 .33333 .51093 .55332 .46149
21 Lafayette 6A 7 5 - 4     9 .51395 .39170 .45725 .45415
22 Meade County 6A 2 2 - 7     9 .22222 .60155 .52063 .44451
23 Fern Creek 6A 4 4 - 5     9 .42995 .42095 .47006 .43883
24 Henderson County 6A 1 4 - 5     9 .44444 .35060 .52779 .43660
25 Pleasure Ridge Park 6A 3 1 - 8     9 .09662 .67634 .53026 .42961
26 Great Crossing 6A 6 1 - 8     9 .11111 .62672 .49992 .40822
27 Paul Laurence Dunbar 6A 7 3 - 6     9 .30434 .34264 .47067 .36765
28 Eastern 6A 5 1 - 8     9 .08400 .55917 .46272 .36392
29 Christian County 6A 1 1 - 8     9 .11111 .48761 .48211 .35419
30 Southern 6A 4 1 - 8     9 .11111 .49812 .42480 .34067
31 Central Hardin 6A 2 0 - 9     9 .00000 .54695 .46083 .32968
32 Henry Clay 6A 7 1 - 8     9 .09662 .39338 .41365 .29559

Trinity is #1 in all power ratings plus undefeated against KY teams and #5 in RPI. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Frederick Douglass vs. Boyle County will also impact. 

Absolutely. So, this Friday still has huge impact on the playoffs. Rebels and Indians both have high RPI value. Ryle doesn't appear within reach of jumping anyone in position.  

 

Now that I look at the standings, a Madison Central upset of St. X would send them to St. Matthews instead of Lexington in the 3rd round, so do they really want to beat the Tigers? Lol. Very interesting.

17 hours ago, VF111 said:

How'd y'all do those three years I mentioned?

I have no idea. Moved on with my life. However , I will never concede a Rock game that was never played. ?

  • Author
17 hours ago, VF111 said:

How'd y'all do those three years I mentioned?

I took a quick look.  In 2015 T's only two losses were to Male and in the playoffs by a point.  Male was undefeated that year.   T beat X twice and Ensworth (TN) and Brentwood (TN).  I am thinking T was pretty good.  In 2018 T lost several close games to a lot of good teams and again lost close to Male in the playoffs.  SW barely beat CCH that year.  In 2021 I probably agree with you but the other two years I think I would take Trinity over South Warren but it would be close. 

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

I took a quick look.  In 2015 T's only two losses were to Male and in the playoffs by a point.  Male was undefeated that year.   T beat X twice and Ensworth (TN) and Brentwood (TN).  I am thinking T was pretty good.  In 2018 T lost several close games to a lot of good teams and again lost close to Male in the playoffs.  SW barely beat CCH that year.  In 2021 I probably agree with you but the other two years I think I would take Trinity over South Warren but it would be close. 

HSratings.com has Trinity better in 2015 but South Warren better in the other two years. Not that far apart in ratings so really don't know unless they played who would win. 

Are the third round games determined by RPI or a set bracket? 
I understand the fourth round is reseeded but what happens in round 3?

Just now, new fan said:

Are the third round games determined by RPI or a set bracket? 
I understand the fourth round is reseeded but what happens in round 3?

In Round 3 East region plays East region and West region plays West region. For the 4 remaining teams in each region #1 RPI hosts #4 and #2 hosts #3. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.