Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Logan County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Logan County at Tilghman 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Tilghman
      95%
    • Logan County
      4%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/04/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

PT 5-1  BGP #6 in 4A

Logan County 6-0 BGP #9 in 4A

TIlghman scores 38.66 PPG, they allow 19.5. Stone Crowe was leading the state heading into the last game at 319.8 ypg and they were rushing it at 125.2 ypg. Wilson and Copeland lead the way rushing. PT throws it to multiple different guys, but as of last week, Cam Wade and Avery Thompson had over 500 yds each. 

Logan County averages 35.33 PPG on offense and only allows 12. They are throwing it for 200.5 yards and rushing for 125 even a game. Christian Helle gets most of the carries and averages 96.8 ypg and has 11 rushing td's. They spread it around through the air and have 3 receivers who average between 39-53 ypg. Carson Carlock does everything on defense. He leads in tackles, tackles for loss, sacks and even has an interception. 

This game will be Tilghman's 3rd home game in a row after starting the season on the road in 3 out of 4. Since the 2003 3A playoffs, this will be the 3rd game between these 2 since Tilghman moved to 4A. Tilghman won the 2023 and 2024 games by an average score of 56-17. 

One thing I've noticed about PT's defense watching them and then looking at their stats is that their biggest weakness on defense is stopping the run. They are pretty good in pass coverage, but they've given up more yards rushing than they have passing. 

Logan County has been very good against the run and pass both. Through the first 6 games, they have only allowed 50.83 rushing yards and 68.33 passing. When you are only giving up 119 yards a game on defense, you are definitely doing something right no matter what your schedule looks like. In their last game, they held Calloway, who averages 200 rushing yards a game to only 7 yards! That's wild. 

Everyone who is familiar knows Coach Adler for the Cougars is one of the best and he'll give his team every opportunity to try and win this game. Several posters have mentioned about PT kind of being in sort of a funk, if you will, lately. Coach Thompson has a chance to get some things right against a quality opponent in this one and start gearing up for the end of the season. It's not all that far off now. 

What are we thinking in this one? We've seen week after week now that games play out differently or a lot closer that expected all over the state. Sometimes it's just so hard to get a good take in high school games. Just when  you think you have it figured out, you don't. 

This will be right around a 2 hours bus ride for Logan County. 

  • Replies 223
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • zoneblitz24
    zoneblitz24

    They have more players with power 4 offers than 99% of the state.  If this team isn't considered talented then I don't know what is.  You have 2 D1 tackles, and 3 WR with high D1 offers.

  • I don’t believe Logan actually has a chance in this game. But I will be pulling for them. I don’t think it will be a running clock but similar to the FS game Logan will stick around early and PT event

  • What you mentioned was the formula in some of Adler's first years at Logan County when Hopkinsville was their biggest obstacle in district play. When Logan could win the line of scrimmage, they could

Logan County has been one of the biggest turnaround programs in the last 5-6 years.to me most teams are gonna want to establish the run and have long drives to keep PT offense on the field.I look for this game to be close until half with Tilghman pulling away late.Paducah Tilghman 31….Logan County 21.

I don’t believe Logan actually has a chance in this game. But I will be pulling for them. I don’t think it will be a running clock but similar to the FS game Logan will stick around early and PT eventually pulls away and wins by 3 or 4 scores.

Big Game for the young Cougars!! It will be a good hard fought game.  PT will have an advantage in talent, however I see Logan playing good team ball right now. Can't wait to watch this game. Will it be aired live?  

Are there any similarities between Logan County and Madisonville? Obviously the Maroons showed Tilghman can be beat, but that's easier said than done depending on if you have the personnel.

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Are there any similarities between Logan County and Madisonville? Obviously the Maroons showed Tilghman can be beat, but that's easier said than done depending on if you have the personnel.

I think the first question is, can the Logan OLine block enough to get the RBs 4 yards on a majority of plays.

If that answer is yes, they I think they can hang around.  Just a thin window to make it work for Logan IMO.

And that isn't throwing mud, as I really admire Coach Adler and the way his staff prepares his kids.  Well done.  I just think Tilghman is SO talented, as long as they keep the turnovers and penalties down it will be an uphill battle for the Cougars.

9 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

I think the first question is, can the Logan OLine block enough to get the RBs 4 yards on a majority of plays.

If that answer is yes, they I think they can hang around.  Just a thin window to make it work for Logan IMO.

And that isn't throwing mud, as I really admire Coach Adler and the way his staff prepares his kids.  Well done.  I just think Tilghman is SO talented, as long as they keep the turnovers and penalties down it will be an uphill battle for the Cougars.

What you mentioned was the formula in some of Adler's first years at Logan County when Hopkinsville was their biggest obstacle in district play. When Logan could win the line of scrimmage, they could beat the Tigers. When they couldn't (I'm thinking in particular of the second round game in 2017), Hopkinsville's athleticism overwhelmed them.

I will have to admit after watching the Glasgow scrimmage with Logan I would’ve never thought they would be this good. Logan will compete I just don’t think they have the horses that MNH had.

Know the locker room speech for Coach Adler will be somewhere along the lines of “what do we have to lose.” That’s fair, this game hasn’t been close in either matchup the past two seasons, so the quick answer would be absolutely nothing. 
 

No reason why Tilghman shouldn’t win by multiple scores. Just a matter of what Blue Tornado team shows up, I know the Patriots weren’t of caliber last week but it had to feel good going in there putting the foot down and heading back home after some shaky performances by their current standard as of late.

These Cougars are undefeated, they’ll give all they have and will be in positions to make the plays, whether or not they can do that we’ll find out soon enough. I believe they’ll struggle with the size and speed on the opposing sideline, haven’t seen anything similar to it all year long.

Blue Tornado 38 Cougars 14

I think PT is in a tough spot.  Lots of new faces to replace long tenured ones.  Maybe more pressure than previous seasons.  It's hard to keep winning consecutive titles but that's the expectation now.  And they aren't going to always be as uber talented as last years team.  But if any team can overcome it, they can.

2 hours ago, BadaBing said:

I think PT is in a tough spot.  Lots of new faces to replace long tenured ones.  Maybe more pressure than previous seasons.  It's hard to keep winning consecutive titles but that's the expectation now.  And they aren't going to always be as uber talented as last years team.  But if any team can overcome it, they can.

They have more players with power 4 offers than 99% of the state.  If this team isn't considered talented then I don't know what is.  You have 2 D1 tackles, and 3 WR with high D1 offers.

2 hours ago, zoneblitz24 said:

They have more players with power 4 offers than 99% of the state.  If this team isn't considered talented then I don't know what is.  You have 2 D1 tackles, and 3 WR with high D1 offers.

I agree, not much difference in talent between the two teams if any at all. Very loaded unit, and the offers may be impressive but it truly means nothing to their current team. That shows on Friday in my opinion, and to me that’s been the noticeable change to the 2025 season. You could tell their core group of guys last year enjoyed playing together and were in it for each other, I don’t get that same sort of excitement from this Blue Tornado team. Maybe they’re just not comfortable on the field with inexperience but I find that hard to believe with their abilities. Have to be in it for the right reasons, and it looks like a bunch of individual football being played. Hopefully they had a wake up call, and making quick work last week was a good sign of that.

On 9/28/2025 at 9:12 AM, Jason Walden said:

Logan County has been one of the biggest turnaround programs in the last 5-6 years

Just for clarification, Logan has been pretty good for nine years now.

They went from 1-9 in 2016 to 11-1 in 2017.

Time flies! 

24 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

I agree, not much difference in talent between the two teams if any at all. Very loaded unit, and the offers may be impressive but it truly means nothing to their current team. That shows on Friday in my opinion, and to me that’s been the noticeable change to the 2025 season. You could tell their core group of guys last year enjoyed playing together and were in it for each other, I don’t get that same sort of excitement from this Blue Tornado team. Maybe they’re just not comfortable on the field with inexperience but I find that hard to believe with their abilities. Have to be in it for the right reasons, and it looks like a bunch of individual football being played. Hopefully they had a wake up call, and making quick work last week was a good sign of that.

I understand what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s an everyone for them selfs issue. Everyone is excited for each other when plays are made, no matter who’s making the plays. I think it’s more of a chemistry thing that’s getting better and better each game.

8 minutes ago, BigBlue92 said:

I understand what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s an everyone for them selfs issue. Everyone is excited for each other when plays are made, no matter who’s making the plays. I think it’s more of a chemistry thing that’s getting better and better each game.

Agree when you have 8 new starters on offense and 9 on defense it takes time for the chemistry to come together.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.