Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Needed - KHSAA Football Improvements

Featured Replies

30 minutes ago, Ram said:

Lest we forget, the whole six class system was born from no-one wanting to play Trinity and St. Xavier.  Which became this whole public vs. private debate, when really it was just Trinity and St. Xavier.  What people really wanted was Trinity and St. Xavier to be in their own class. 

Let's not kid ourselves. 

It was more than that Ram but I agree with you the public/private thing got the ball rolling.  This is a very good read and couple of the things in that thread, OMG, lol lol lol. 

  • Replies 90
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Several states do different types of co-op programs. I think its a good idea, but before doing so, I'd like to see the KHSAA try eight-man football for the smallest schools. It was officially sanction

  • As most of you know, I am a Beechwood grad/guy.  Additionally, I think we all recognize how amazing the football program at CAL has been the last few years.  So if we are trying to do something like t

  • I think it’s hilarious that everyone gets so up in arms over first round playoff blowouts. Guess what there are blowouts every week in the regular season where teams are very mismatched. Are we going

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

It was more than that Ram but I agree with you the public/private thing got the ball rolling.  This is a very good read and couple of the things in that thread, OMG, lol lol lol. 

Maybe I over-simplified it, and it was a while ago, but.....

Man, that thread brought the feels. 

1 minute ago, Ram said:

Man, that thread brought the feels. 

I know right!!

2 hours ago, Ram said:

Yea, but the theory, as it stands, for football is:  the more boys you have in the school makes you more likely to have a better football team.  So, if we extrapolate that to basketball, wouldn't more boys in the hall mean you would have a better chance of having a better basketball team? 

Well the clear difference is it’s easier to find 5 quality players than it is 22 but obviously the bigger you are and the more people you have to choose from the easier it is to field a quality team in whatever sport you play.

17 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Well the clear difference is it’s easier to find 5 quality players than it is 22 but obviously the bigger you are and the more people you have to choose from the easier it is to field a quality team in whatever sport you play.

That's what people say, but why can't Army and Navy play with Alabama and Georgia?  Both big schools.  How about Harvard?  

What if I have 900 little smart guys, but you have 100 Greek Gods?  

9 minutes ago, Ram said:

That's what people say, but why can't Army and Navy play with Alabama and Georgia?  Both big schools.  How about Harvard?  

What if I have 900 little smart guys, but you have 100 Greek Gods?  

Come on man you’re comparing division 1 colleges to Ky high school football teams I think you know the difference if you don’t I probably couldn’t explain it to you anyway.

27 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Come on man you’re comparing division 1 colleges to Ky high school football teams I think you know the difference if you don’t I probably couldn’t explain it to you anyway.

I get what you're saying, but I also know you understand what I'm saying.  

20 minutes ago, Ram said:

I get what you're saying, but I also know you understand what I'm saying.  

Oh yeah just messing with you man I fully understand.

No Politics Policy

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, POTUS, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, lawmaker, whip, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc.). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, White House, Capitol, General Assembly, Frankfort, DC, Washington, State, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, lobbyist, donor, legislature, legislation, legislate, legislative process, legislative intent, election, vote, voter, bill, House Bill (HBxxx), Senate Bill (SBxxx), partisan, non-partisan, veto, pollster, referendum, RNC, DNC, amendment, committee, Congress, filibuster, caucus, etc.) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

On 9/16/2025 at 8:45 AM, MBKT said:

 

1. install a promotion and relegation system. The Beechwoods and CALs move up, the Western Hills and Shawnees move down. 

 

We used this for our Tough Topic this past week on TCOP. 

This week's tough topic came from @theguru:

Should we do away with districts and seed the playoffs based on RPI?

BGPreps has been a good source for our Tough Topics recently. 

 

Screenshot2025-10-07at4_15_24PM.thumb.png.5cceb0b66b7254369bb176bebcf3baf1.png

Coach Bathiany on after a tough loss this past week. Should be a good interview.

37 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Coach Bathiany on after a tough loss this past week. Should be a good interview.

He did a really good job and his mindset was very good as well. His mental health may be too good to be a football coach.  ? 

I’ve heard that Raceland would play a weak team in the first round and a lot of the opposing teams players would tell the Raceland players to just get this game over with that they couldn’t understand why they were in the playoffs to begin with!

15 minutes ago, 79ram said:

I’ve heard that Raceland would play a weak team in the first round and a lot of the opposing teams players would tell the Raceland players to just get this game over with that they couldn’t understand why they were in the playoffs to begin with!

I’ve heard even much worse and shared it on our podcast that comes out Thursday.  Very discouraging. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.