Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 21 Frederick Douglass 20 (2OT)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Fun game. Had to watch the overtimes with no sound. The screaming by the announcer on every play was way over the top.  IT IS 2ND AND GOAL AT THE 4!!!

  • If my 5 year old daughter was calling the offensive plays Highlands would have won 45-7. 

  • Great game to start the season. Both teams had chances to win it. Everybody in the building knew 22 was getting the ball and he still walked into the end zone. 

12 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Fun game. Had to watch the overtimes with no sound. The screaming by the announcer on every play was way over the top. 

IT IS 2ND AND GOAL AT THE 4!!!

Yeah, I absolutely love the Highlands Film and Broadcast doing the game, but somebody has to provide that feedback to them. That is excruciating to listen to. 

I’ll break the silence: is there any concern with the kicking game? I haven’t seen the film yet but rushing for over 200 yards shouldn’t be cause for concern. 

7 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

The silence in this thread is deafening.

Makes sense and the Highlands fan in me feels like this is another underachieving team that has a very tough schedule.  Good thing Highlands won last night or they had 5-5 written all over them.  

52 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I’ll break the silence: is there any concern with the kicking game? I haven’t seen the film yet but rushing for over 200 yards shouldn’t be cause for concern. 

What is the concern about the kicking game?

50 minutes ago, theguru said:

Makes sense and the Highlands fan in me feels like this is another underachieving team that has a very tough schedule.  Good thing Highlands won last night or they had 5-5 written all over them.  

Care to elaborate a little?  5-5 and underachieving catch my attention.

2 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Care to elaborate a little?  5-5 and underachieving catch my attention.

Sure, Cooper, Boyle, Ryle, CCH, Elder, Scott County, and barely won against a young, mistake prone Douglass squad last night. 

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Sure, Cooper, Boyle, Ryle, CCH, Elder, Scott County, and barely won against a young, mistake prone Douglass squad last night. 

I am not buying.  You mentioned underachieving.  What leads you to that comment after one game?

1 minute ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I am not buying.  You mentioned underachieving.  What leads you to that comment after one game?

I don't care if you buy or not.  It is my opinion, I am not impressed. 

  • Author

Guys posted this last night in the update thread. I think Douglass has the potential to be a pretty good team if they stay healthy, but they are very inexperienced. At this point of the year I feel as I can say (as I've been with the program since its inception this is the least experienced team (only 12 seniors and just 3 returning starters on offense and 5 on defense) and weakest team they have fielded at this point of the season since their first year back in 2017.

16 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

What is the concern about the kicking game?

You said the silence on the thread is deafening. Did you want us to chime in so you could defend the way the Birds played? Or was it a shot at posters bc the Birds won? I just asked about the kicking game because there were multiple missed and blocked kicks. If the kicks were made or not blocked the Birds win taking a knee. 

1 minute ago, Breds82 said:

You said the silence on the thread is deafening. Did you want us to chime in so you could defend the way the Birds played? Or was it a shot at posters bc the Birds won? I just asked about the kicking game because there were multiple missed and blocked kicks. If the kicks were made or not blocked the Birds win taking a knee. 

When was the last time you saw a Highlands team “settle” for 4 field goals?  

I wouldn’t have a clue. But the update thread said there were multiple missed and blocked kicks. that's why I asked. I’m not sure what it looking for here.

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Guys posted this last night in the update thread. I think Douglass has the potential to be a pretty good team if they stay healthy, but they are very inexperienced. At this point of the year I feel as I can say (as I've been with the program since its inception this is the least experienced team (only 12 seniors and just 3 returning starters on offense and 5 on defense) and weakest team they have fielded at this point of the season since their first year back in 2017.

I believe the Douglass defense only returned 2 starters from last years team. Some of the kids starting now might of played some but I don’t remember seeing that many kids playing meaning time out there. Only adding to how inexperienced the overall team is. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.