Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 21 Frederick Douglass 20 (2OT)

Featured Replies

On 8/23/2025 at 8:09 PM, thenamerobdigity said:

A few takeways for Highlands:

6. It felt like HHS could have run away with the game at certain points, but there were times when it seemed offensive playcalling held them back. However, I like that they stuck with the Lorenzen QB run in OT 2.

Point 6 catches my eye. I am not a Highlands supporter and only see a couple games a year plus highlights. But you hit the thing I thought as I watched the Douglass game. It seems like the Birds the last few years struggle closing out tight games. There often seems to be a mistake here or there that makes things more difficult, and sometimes turn a win into a loss or, like Friday, makes a win more difficult than it felt like it should have been. It isn't the same mistake over and over. It is things that happen and you ask yourself, what just happened or how does that happen? I can't provide more details or specific examples. Just sharing an outsider looking in observation.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Fun game. Had to watch the overtimes with no sound. The screaming by the announcer on every play was way over the top.  IT IS 2ND AND GOAL AT THE 4!!!

  • If my 5 year old daughter was calling the offensive plays Highlands would have won 45-7. 

  • Great game to start the season. Both teams had chances to win it. Everybody in the building knew 22 was getting the ball and he still walked into the end zone. 

On 8/23/2025 at 5:56 PM, theguru said:

I don't care if you buy or not.  It is my opinion, I am not impressed. 

There wasn't much to be impressed with Friday night. Of course, they did get the win and will improve as the season progresses, but I don't see how you could be overly excited about that output. 

I will say, the last few years it has felt like HHS has found ways to lose those types of games. Hopefully getting over the hump a bit is a sign of positivity. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.