Tubby Smith's Last Year?

pallex32

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a season ticket holder for UK. I go every game that i can. Tubbys recruting is not up to par. I know some ex-players of his nd they said that hepitches defence to them. Noone these days want toplay defence. Thats what it came down to with Patterson, i mean if your goin to preach defence wait until you have them signed and then start but tell them what they want to hear. Am I Right?

Like they say, defense wins championships. If they don't want to play defense what good are they? The game is played on both ends, last time I looked Bill Russell is considered one of the best players ever to grace the hardwood and his offense was limited but he got it done on defense and won 11 rings for his efforts.

Most coaches don't like being 2nd fiddle at a university especially after winning them a national title. I think Donavon would be very interested in the UK job (whenever Tubby decides to retire), however I think he goes to the Knicks next year ending all the speculation.

Billy Donovan would be foolish to leave Florida. Why would he? He's found his home, he's building a dynasty and will retire there in the same category as Rupp at UK, Smith at UNC and Coach K at Duke.

Billy Donovan would be foolish to leave Florida. Why would he? He's found his home, he's building a dynasty and will retire there in the same category as Rupp at UK, Smith at UNC and Coach K at Duke.

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here. I honestly don't think Billy Donovan is all that great of a coach, he is a good coach, but not good enough (at least not yet) to throw into the same category as 3 of the best coaches ever.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Right you are, Dfenz. Donovan is quicky gaining the respect he deserves for being one of college basketball's great coaches. He owns Tubby at the moment and looks to continue that domination this year and possibly next also. If truth be known, there's an abundant bunch of UK/Tubby fans who secretly wish for Donovan to replace Tubby someday....but they'd rather die before ever publically admitting it.

Right you are, Dfenz. Donovan is quicky gaining the respect he deserves for being one of college basketball's great coaches. He owns Tubby at the moment and looks to continue that domination this year and possibly next also. If truth be known, there's an abundant bunch of UK/Tubby fans who secretly wish for Donovan to replace Tubby someday....but they'd rather die before ever publically admitting it.

When he's coached at Florida for 30-40 years, won multiple national championships, more Final Fours, he will retire in the same category as the greats and they'll name the next building after him.

I hope he never Coaches a UK.I just dont like the guy!

I could see Donovan leaving to come to KY. I think if he had the opportunity he would.

Billy D would be foolish to come to UK. Florida is successful in every sport they play and recruits are knocking down the door to get to Gainesville. Can't say the same about UK.....