Tubby Smith's Last Year?

pallex32

Tubby is a good coach! he is just at a school where the so-called fans have placed ridiculous expectations on the team! What other high-profiled coach would come to UK knowing that the fans will call for his head the day after they don't win the National Championship? The parity in college is at an all time high right now, no team is going to build a dynasty or win back to back Championships today in college basketball! Every team regardless of the name or size has a chance each night out! Tubby is doing okay but so of our fans need to find another team to call their own!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tubby is a good coach! he is just at a school where the so-called fans have placed ridiculous expectations on the team! What other high-profiled coach would come to UK knowing that the fans will call for his head the day after they don't win the National Championship? The parity in college is at an all time high right now, no team is going to build a dynasty or win back to back Championships today in college basketball! Every team regardless of the name or size has a chance each night out! Tubby is doing okay but so of our fans need to find another team to call their own!

Alot of people that do the Complaining don't even watch them play.They are the ones that are at Wal-Mart or Eating Out( a resturant WO T.V.)while the game is on!;)

Many know I dislike UK immensely so it would be great if Orlando left...being that UK would likely take a dive (well, no one knows fore sure), but if Tubby is there, they are going to have a sound basketball team, that wins a lot more than loses...I don't like that :p . . . .

I do watch almost all of their games though :thumb:

Tubby is a good coach, just not for UK. It's that simple. He wants to win and he tries his best but the players he recruits really don't care. I mean if it isn't academics keepin them back it was violations of the team. He just isn't able to recruit the players that is needed to win a championship. That's why he should leave, not because he isn't a good coach because he is!

North Carolina was the only one on his list.

I thought is was down to UK/GT/NBA when he made his decision?

Anyway.. beyond the recruiting issues Tubby/his staff don't seem to be able to develop big men once (if) they get them.

Im a season ticket holder for UK. I go every game that i can. Tubbys recruting is not up to par. I know some ex-players of his nd they said that hepitches defence to them. Noone these days want toplay defence. Thats what it came down to with Patterson, i mean if your goin to preach defence wait until you have them signed and then start but tell them what they want to hear. Am I Right?

After winning a championship with somone else's team, Tubb Smith hasnt produced any results in the big dance with one of the greatest college basketball schools there is. As a Kentucky fan i dont see tubby staying much longer without producing championships. He is a good coach dont get me wrong but i do not think he is the right coach for UK. Recurting is horable, he gets someone like Perry over someone like Chris Lofton, who is putting hole UT bball team on his shoulders. Used to the name Kentucky would get nothing but All Americans now, we are lucky if they get one let alone good ones at that. Morris and Crawfrd are okay players, nothing that a school like duke or even flordia would look at though. I think that this is the last if not one of the last teams that Tubby Smith has at UK. What your opioion?

I will reply to something like this when you actually make some sense in the post. As Original Rookie said there is so many things that you are not even right about that, I am not even go to much to it...

I don't think so. I think we will find out more next season if he has a 3 peet of 10 L seasons. Patterson has a lot to do with his fate IMO.

If so, I think he may be in troube. I think Patterson will be a Dukie, or maybe a Gator. IMO

Florida might have something to say about that. I hope not, but I could very easily see them winning it this year.