• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What killed Russell was the rebounding on the defensive glass. I believe there

were three or four missed free-throws that came off of the rim a bit strangely

(Russell still should have had the rebound) and Ironton got the rebound or

Russell a foul as a result. It also didn't help Russell that those three or four

missed FT's were a majority of Ironton's total missed FT's.

As I stated in a previous thred, Russell is not going to state. They have good players. Vanhoose is great, but this team has something missing, cant quite put my finger on it. I wish them well but just dont see them going to state. I think there is going to be a big surprise this year come tourney time

As I stated in a previous thred, Russell is not going to state. They have good players. Vanhoose is great, but this team has something missing, cant quite put my finger on it. I wish them well but just dont see them going to state. I think there is going to be a big surprise this year come tourney time

I still think that they are a strong contender for it but I would not consider them an overwhelming favorite with the way Ashland and Elliot are playing. Imo there are around 4 or 5 teams that could go to Rupp.

Tough loss for the Red Devils, sounds like it was one that they should / could have won.

I still think that they are a strong contender for it but I would not consider them an overwhelming favorite with the way Ashland and Elliot are playing. Imo there are around 4 or 5 teams that could go to Rupp.

I would agree with that. I probably wouldn't bet on Russell to win it, but I

don't think I bet on anybody else at this point either. There is a lot of parity

in the 16th Region.

Tough loss for Russell.

How good is Ironton this year ? They also beat Ashland earlier in the season, granted Ashland wasnt playing that well earlier this year, they still beat them. I quit following them a few years ago.

Just a reminder from the thread discussing Ashland's loss to Ironton earlier in the year:

Hey, I "asked Russell" and they estimated they would score between 40 and 90 points a game, and Duck said if Russell didnt average more points per game than Ashland, he would TATOO "I love giat" on his forehead!!!!

My prediction is that after Russell plays two games, they will indeed be ahead of Ashland in "THE SCORING RACE"

First, let's keep in mind that Ashland only put 44 on the board against Ironton, so it's not like I'm saying that we played our best game against them.

Second, I don't know that Duck likes having guarantees made in his name.

Third, just for kicks and giggles, I visited the Riherds scoreboard, and after 20 games for Ashland, and 21 games for Russell, the numbers aren't looking too good for Shooter's prediction:

Ashland 1324 points in 20 games = 66.2 ppg

Russell 1254 points in 21 games = 59.7 ppg

I realize that the season isn't over yet, but right now, it's not looking too good.

Frances

Just a reminder from the thread discussing Ashland's loss to Ironton earlier in the year:

First, let's keep in mind that Ashland only put 44 on the board against Ironton, so it's not like I'm saying that we played our best game against them.

Third, just for kicks and giggles, I visited the Riherds scoreboard, and after 20 games for Ashland, and 21 games for Russell, the numbers aren't looking too good for Shooter's prediction:

I realize that the season isn't over yet, but right now, it's not looking too good.

Frances

Frances, I love you. Too bad we are both already married. :cry:

Frances

Hows the Head to Head competition Looking? I think that is the most important stat:banana:

Hows the Head to Head competition Looking? I think that is the most important stat:banana:

Well, you didn't mention that in the original post, but since you bring it up, I'll answer your question with a question:

When you mention "head to head" how far back are we going? I'm sure that over the entire history of the series, Ashland probably looks pretty good. Of course, if we are going to throw out "ancient history", then I'll have to ask that we throw out everything but the upcoming game. After all, a game from earlier this season has no more effect on the upcoming game than one that was played in 1937.

By the way - I'm just curious - have you checked with Duck, about whether he's going to honor your guarantee?

Frances

Well, you didn't mention that in the original post, but since you bring it up, I'll answer your question with a question:

When you mention "head to head" how far back are we going? I'm sure that over the entire history of the series, Ashland probably looks pretty good. Of course, if we are going to throw out "ancient history", then I'll have to ask that we throw out everything but the upcoming game. After all, a game from earlier this season has no more effect on the upcoming game than one that was played in 1937.

By the way - I'm just curious - have you checked with Duck, about whether he's going to honor your guarantee?

Frances

I believe the overall series record is something like 100-31, in Ashland's favor of course. I can get the exact number tomorrow.

I believe the overall series record is something like 100-31, in Ashland's favor of course. I can get the exact number tomorrow.

Nothing like Ashland fans going back to ancient wins again. Dust off the national championship trophy boys.

I believe Coach Dodd has a sparkling record versus Ashland in his tenure.

Ever heard Janet Jackson hit? "What have You Done for Me Lately?"