Ironton 58 Russell 46

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like Ashland fans going back to ancient wins again. Dust off the national championship trophy boys.

I believe Coach Dodd has a sparkling record versus Ashland in his tenure.

Ever heard Janet Jackson hit? "What have You Done for Me Lately?"

Careful JB, the season is not over yet and the two could very well meet again.:sssh: :sssh: :D

I know that. I just think bringing up games from 60-70 years ago is irrelevant to this season. I think Ashland may be playing the best basketball of any team in the region right now.

:sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh:

Right now I would rank the region:

1) Elliott

2) Ashland

3) Russell

I know that. I just think bringing up games from 60-70 years ago is irrelevant to this season. I think Ashland may be playing the best basketball of any team in the region right now.

:thumb: O.K., it is relavent to history and tradition though and I may be mistaken but I think that was what was referred to. Whatever, nothing to argue about, if the two meet again in Morehead it should be one heck of a basketball game.:thumb:

Nice poll.

Russell has wins over both of those teams.

Cubster will sort it all out on Sunday I am sure of that.

Those two teams are playing better than Russell at this point in the season. If these teams were playing each other, I would base my picks on my poll.

Well, you didn't mention that in the original post, but since you bring it up, I'll answer your question with a question:

When you mention "head to head" how far back are we going? I'm sure that over the entire history of the series, Ashland probably looks pretty good. Of course, if we are going to throw out "ancient history", then I'll have to ask that we throw out everything but the upcoming game. After all, a game from earlier this season has no more effect on the upcoming game than one that was played in 1937.

By the way - I'm just curious - have you checked with Duck, about whether he's going to honor your guarantee?

Frances

1. Can you quote me on the guarantee? Are we talking about a tatoo or what?

2. My point of reference is the current season, where are you living?

3. As to the other poster about Russell peaking, they didnt look "too peaked" tonight

4. Got any predictions on how Ashland will do against GRC friday night?

I'm predicting a GRC win

5.Isnt it nice to have Giat back to get the "official" word here on PREPS:thumb:

Those two teams are playing better than Russell at this point in the season. If these teams were playing each other, I would base my picks on my poll.

Russell just drilled Rowan by 29 on Friday.

They had a hiccup tonight vs Ironton a team that soundly beat the Tomcats.

Ellioot is on a bit of a roll, but losses to Raceland and East prove that they can also be a little complacent.

I think these three teams have separated themselves a little from the rest of the region at this point, but others could spring an upset come March.

Russell has peaked to early.

GottaRebound-I generally agree with you but I think the Ironton loss will only serve to refocus Russell.I look for a very solid effort by Russell against Greenup Co. Friday night.

Just a side note-Ironton which is not having that great of a year has beaten(double figures) what are arguably the two best teams in the region(Ashland/Russell).Does this say anything about the 16th region?

GottaRebound-I generally agree with you but I think the Ironton loss will only serve to refocus Russell.I look for a very solid effort by Russell against Greenup Co. Friday night.

Just a side note-Ironton which is not having that great of a year has beaten(double figures) what are arguably the two best teams in the region(Ashland/Russell).Does this say anything about the 16th region?

Ironton is not a great team but they are 10-5.

They are very well-coached and had a great defensive game plan tonight against Russell.

Russell just drilled Rowan by 29 on Friday.

They had a hiccup tonight vs Ironton a team that soundly beat the Tomcats.

Ellioot is on a bit of a roll, but losses to Raceland and East prove that they can also be a little complacent.

I think these three teams have separated themselves a little from the rest of the region at this point, but others could spring an upset come March.

Russell just drilled Rowan by 29 on Friday. Which proves?

They had a hiccup tonight vs Ironton a team that soundly beat the Tomcats

Ashland is a much different team right now.

Ellioot is on a bit of a roll, but losses to Raceland and East prove that they can also be a little complacent. Elliott is a much different team right now

I think these three teams have separated themselves a little from the rest of the region at this point, but others could spring an upset come March There's no unbeatable teams in the 16th region. Anything can happen in the tournament.