Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Calloway County

Featured Replies

Add Calloway County to the list. Coach Champion has resigned after 7 seasons. 

Their quarterback, who had thrown for 294 yards and 3 scores against 0 interceptions in the first two games got hurt early in Week 3 and they just spiraled afterwards, scoring only 6 touchdowns the rest of the season. No playoff appearances since 2020, no playoff wins since their run to the state semifinals in 2008. This is a difficult job.

5 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Their quarterback, who had thrown for 294 yards and 3 scores against 0 interceptions in the first two games got hurt early in Week 3 and they just spiraled afterwards, scoring only 6 touchdowns the rest of the season. No playoff appearances since 2020, no playoff wins since their run to the state semifinals in 2008. This is a difficult job.

Hearing possibility of them pulling out of district play...which would be a very, very smart thing (and, a boatload of other programs across the state for that matter).

I’ve heard they have reached out to Covington Catholic assistant Greg Ryan.

 

 

3 hours ago, TheConch said:

I’ve heard they have reached out to Covington Catholic assistant Greg Ryan.

Does Ryan have roots down around Murray? Or did he attend Murray State? It seems like a bit of a surprise for a program to reach out to an assistant coach without any head coaching experience from a football program located 5 hours away. Honestly, if it's true, good for the athletic director at Calloway Co. for taking the bull by the horns and reaching to good candidates to try to get some good applicants for the job.

2 hours ago, Cincinnati Cobra said:

Does Ryan have roots down around Murray? Or did he attend Murray State? It seems like a bit of a surprise for a program to reach out to an assistant coach without any head coaching experience from a football program located 5 hours away. Honestly, if it's true, good for the athletic director at Calloway Co. for taking the bull by the horns and reaching to good candidates to try to get some good applicants for the job.

I asked the same question and am led to believe he is an alumni. 

11 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I believe this is a no win situation.

What do you mean, snake?

I think I saw on twitter where he said he went to school there and was sharing the job opening. Also giving the pros of Calloway Co.

It could be a good job. It's not a quick turnaround though. Murray has had football success for the past quarter century except for a few high spots for Calloway. They should be better than they are. It's hard to put a finger on why they have been so bad for the past decade. 

11 hours ago, Westernside said:

I think I saw on twitter where he said he went to school there and was sharing the job opening. Also giving the pros of Calloway Co.

I just looked this up, and it leads me to believe he turned them down. But after a quick facebook search, it appears he was down there, on campus, working out with some of the current players as a part of an alumni program. If I had to guess, he spoke with admin at that time, and based on his promotion via his Twitter account, asked how he could help them. 

But if I’m Calloway, I wouldn’t have let him leave. He’s an alumni, a four-year letterman and three-year starter at WKU, then signed with the Ravens. Don’t know much more about his stint in the NFL as that is all I could find. But since then, he has been on solid staffs at Ryle, briefly at Dixie, and then has been under Eddie Eviston the last few years, which I think drastically improves your stock as a wannabe head coach. Would be a home-run hire, but selfishly hope he remains a Colonel! 

16 hours ago, theguru said:

What do you mean, snake?

I don’t think you can win there. Champion did all he could do. Also I think they like basketball better there. 

On 12/31/2024 at 1:00 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

I don’t think you can win there. Champion did all he could do. Also I think they like basketball better there. 

I think they like everything else better there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.