Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 55 Woodford County 38

Featured Replies

Final per the Woodford County broadcast.

I did not think Highlands would give up that many points, but I also didn't think they would score that many. Ha ha. I figured 3TD's and that wasn't too far off. Congrats to Highlands and good luck next week.

The announcers for Woodford County were god awful…

15 minutes ago, Ballfan934 said:

The announcers for Woodford County were god awful…

They gone!!

Have always found Coach (AD) Johnson to be a classy guy.  These announcers’ conduct was not an outlier, it is allowed to repeat itself yearly.  Momma would have washed my mouth with soap.

Woodford’s announcer was upset at Highlands for throwing the ball in the 4th quarter. But I have 2 thoughts on this: 1. Highlands was not doing a great job at slowing down Woodford’s offense at that point. 2. It’s the playoffs, you do whatever you have to do to win. Good teams have lost games from going too conservative late in games. 
 

Do I think they still would have won by running the ball? Probably. But you do whatever you need to do to move on to the next round. 

7 minutes ago, InsideSlant said:

Woodford’s announcer was upset at Highlands for throwing the ball in the 4th quarter. But I have 2 thoughts on this: 1. Highlands was not doing a great job at slowing down Woodford’s offense at that point. 2. It’s the playoffs, you do whatever you have to do to win. Good teams have lost games from going too conservative late in games. 
 

Do I think they still would have won by running the ball? Probably. But you do whatever you need to do to move on to the next round. 

Just wondering what had him upset pre-game, 1st qtr, 2nd qtr, halftime, and 3rd qtr?

35 minutes ago, Ballfan934 said:

The announcers for Woodford County were god awful…

It was amazing. It was like watching a game with the QBs buzzed up dad. Every Highlands catch was a push off. Every play Highlands was holding. The gushing over slightly above average players.  I think he said Highlands Co. Once. I truly basked  in the disappointment in his voice in the fourth quarter. 

15 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

It was amazing. It was like watching a game with the QBs buzzed up dad. Every Highlands catch was a push off. Every play Highlands was holding. The gushing over slightly above average players.  I think he said Highlands Co. Once. I truly basked  in the disappointment in his voice in the fourth quarter. 

Part of me hated listening to them. But part of me enjoyed listening to their delusional commentary. It was bizarre. And the administration allowed that all season?

19 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

It was amazing. It was like watching a game with the QBs buzzed up dad. Every Highlands catch was a push off. Every play Highlands was holding. The gushing over slightly above average players.  I think he said Highlands Co. Once. I truly basked  in the disappointment in his voice in the fourth quarter. 

I agree with all that has been said about the announcing however, I did appreciate being able to watch the game from home.  After a while I found it funny and in a way some what entertaining.

2 minutes ago, XtraIce said:

I agree with all that has been said about the announcing however, I did appreciate being able to watch the game from home.  After a while I found it funny and in a way some what entertaining.

Good point. The announcers did know football at least too. The hometown bias was charming in its own way once you got used to it. 

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Good point. The announcers did know football at least too. The hometown bias was charming in its own way once you got used to it. 

Charming?  We talking charming? We really talking charming?

21 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

Charming?  We talking charming? We really talking charming?

It was only charming when his voice had that “it’s all over” twang in it. 

From what I have heard, the scoreboard operator was as bad or worse than the announcers. Wrong downs, wrong yardage, not starting the clock, not stopping the clock. A comedy of errors. I was told, that in the beginning of the 4th quarter, WC ran at least one play to begin the quarter, then HHS scored in just a few plays, but after they scored, the clock was at 11:59 left in the quarter.  A total of one second ticked off after several plays and a touchdown.  The Officiating crew should have been watching this, so they are at fault as well.   

22 minutes ago, En Fuego Hombre said:

From what I have heard, the scoreboard operator was as bad or worse than the announcers. Wrong downs, wrong yardage, not starting the clock, not stopping the clock. A comedy of errors. I was told, that in the beginning of the 4th quarter, WC ran at least one play to begin the quarter, then HHS scored in just a few plays, but after they scored, the clock was at 11:59 left in the quarter.  A total of one second ticked off after several plays and a touchdown.  The Officiating crew should have been watching this, so they are at fault as well.   

Yup, Down and Distance was weong all night and Refs barely corrected it throughout the night. Very frustrating to put up with.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.