Florida @ Kentucky - Feb. 10th. College Gameday!

SouthernSportsFan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that this UK team is ready for UF yet...the arena should be primed and ready...but the Gators are way too long and athletic for the Cats.

:thumb:

Florida has the advantage no matter what you choose to look at. There is just no logical way too conclude that UK will win this game.

Florida has the size advantage...and not only that, their size is long and athletic as you stated. Plus, the bigger team usually gives something away in quickness...not the case here...Florida will have the speed advantage as well. They are more talented. They are more experienced. They won't be intimidated by Rupp Arena.

Plus, you're most likely not going to get an unmotivated Gator team that is primed for an upset. UK doesn't get the benefit of teams not being motivated to play them, even when it's a heavily favored, defending national champion Florida Gators.

Anything can happen. That's why they play the games. But, I just don't see UK having much of a chance in this game. They'd have to play lights out and hope Florida was a little off, IMO, to win this one.

That is the same story for just about every team UF plays.

:thumb: That is the truth, imo no question the #1 team in the country. I would love to see a repeat of when they came into Rupp before ranked #1 but it would take a monumental effort. I am making no predictions yet.

Does anyone else remember the last time Florida came into Kentucky ranked #1 on College GameDay?

If Florida can beat their next three teams and stay #1 when they come to UK for College Gameday... could we see the same thing happen?

If you don't remember, check it out!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yL-snEtQGKY

I don't think this game was on College GameDay. It actually was played on a Tuesday night. The GameDay matchup was two years ago against Mississippi State, I believe.

I don't think this game was on College GameDay. It actually was played on a Tuesday night. The GameDay matchup was two years ago against Mississippi State, I believe.
It was. They only started College Gameday two seasons ago... although, it was an ESPN televised game.

UK CAN win..but the odds are against them.

UF CAN recover and still win if they play down to their competition or play bad basketball. (See the Ole Miss. game 1/20/07)

They squeaked out :scared: wins against

Ole Miss, Miss St., Arkansas and UAB (down by six in the 2nd half)

Good teams recover, regain composure and win after playing poorly.

I dont know that UK can recover from mistakes & expect to win against UF.

IMO.............

Crawford = Play his average ball. He's a great scorer. 15 + points are needed.

Usually the games high scorer.

Bradley = Be aggressive, Drive more for Assists & Points. Less Turnovers.

Morris = Less fouls. Needs to stay in the game to help open up scoring.

His rebounding is good since others rebound well.

Perry & Jasper = Continue to rebound decent/well.

Perry = Draw more fouls. He's a good free throw shooter.

UK CAN win..but the odds are against them.

UF CAN recover and still win if they play down to their competition or play bad basketball. (See the Ole Miss. game 1/20/07)

They squeaked out :scared: wins against

Ole Miss, Miss St., Arkansas and UAB (down by six in the 2nd half)

Good teams recover, regain composure and win after playing poorly.

I dont know that UK can recover from mistakes & expect to win against UF.

IMO.............

Crawford = Play his average ball. He's a great scorer. 15 + points are needed.

Usually the games high scorer.

Bradley = Be aggressive, Drive more for Assists & Points. Less Turnovers.

Morris = Less fouls. Needs to stay in the game to help open up scoring.

His rebounding is good since others rebound well.

Perry & Jasper = Continue to rebound decent/well.

Perry = Draw more fouls. He's a good free throw shooter.

One thing about this game is I don't expect Florida to play down to UK. I think they'll be hyped to play this game...most SEC teams are when they play UK (especially at Rupp). I don't think we can expect or hope for the Gators to come out and play lazy. It would help a great deal if they did.

I think jasper can slow down Green, unlike rondo did last year (size advantage also).

Ramel can for sure score more points and is more athletic then Humphrey.

Crawford is not as athletic at Brewer, but I think he can put more points on the board then brewer can on any given night.

Perry on Noah well...

(maybe just use five players off the bench to come in and try to draw fouls on Noah)

Lastly, I think Morris is a better player then Horford, just HAS to stay out of foul trouble because if not we will be in some HUGE trouble....

I'm not saying were going to win, i just think we have a shot at home, and not have a zero percent chance like some are saying...

I think jasper can slow down Green, unlike rondo did last year (size advantage also).

Crawford is not as athletic at Brewer, but I think he can put more points on the board then brewer can on any given night.

Perry on Noah well...

(maybe just use five players off the bench to come in and try to draw fouls on Noah)

Lastly, I think Morris is a better player then Horford, just HAS to stay out of foul trouble because if not we will be in some HUGE trouble....

I'm not saying were going to win, i just think we have a shot at home, and not have a zero percent chance like some are saying...

Jasper is better defensively than Rondo? Or the size advantage is what is going to allow him to slow Green down?

Depends on which Ramel shows up as to whether he can score more points.

I don't know that I would say Crawford isn't as athletic as Brewer, I'd give quickness to Brewer but I think Crawford definately has the strength advantage.

Noah is going to own Bobby Perry, the only hope is that they can help enough to limit him.

Morris has superior talent, but also just like with Ramel, it depends on which Randolph we see.

In order for UK to win this game, they will need:

1. Crawford, Bradley, and Meeks to be hitting.

2. Morris needs to show up on both sides of the court and bring down some boards.

3. Jasper and Bradley need to limit their turnovers.

4. The entire team needs to step up and play defense.

5. The last and possibly biggest factor in the win would be coaching. If UK wins, it will be because of Tubby having them ready and having a solid game plan.

I think UK gets 2 out of the 5 which results in them losing.:cry:

I agree that Jasper may be able to give Green some difficulty... Last year, Rondo could not slow him down because he was knocked over on every single pick. Good communication.

That might be UK's best matchup, however, Humphrey is a good defender.

Maybe so, but Brewer has an advantage at virtually every aspect of his game. He is a matchup nightmare... especially for Crawford.

Perry on Noah well...

My best advice... pray.

Lastly' date=' I think Morris is a better player then Horford, just HAS to stay out of foul trouble because if not we will be in some HUGE trouble....[/quote'] He may be better, but Morris does not have a complimentary play as Horford does. The other 4 players around Morris have to move and creat opportunities for Randolph. He cannot beat them alone. Horford and Noah are good because the other one is there (even Richard is a great backup and they do not miss a beat).