Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Admiral Stadium upgrades

Featured Replies

When I was a kid, I thought this stadium was unbelievable.  As a 7 or 8 year old, from the road, I thought it was just a little smaller than Commonwealth. (I know, dumb kid) I'm glad to hear it's getting some work done to it.  Mentally, it has to help the Admirals try to find some footing to build on.  That the stadium, this year especially, being deemed unusable seemed like a cruel metaphor in relation to the program as a whole.   

Our guest this week on the podcast is former Danville coach, Sam Harp. We had an extended conversation about Admiral football.

Please subscribe here to make sure you get episode when it comes out!

 

https://www.youtube.com/@T.C.O.P/videos

22 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

When I was a kid, I thought this stadium was unbelievable.  As a 7 or 8 year old, from the road, I thought it was just a little smaller than Commonwealth. (I know, dumb kid) I'm glad to hear it's getting some work done to it.  Mentally, it has to help the Admirals try to find some footing to build on.  That the stadium, this year especially, being deemed unusable seemed like a cruel metaphor in relation to the program as a whole.   

I remember playing the Little League Rec Championship Game for the All Stars there every year.  It was called the Toy Bowl but it looked so big to a middle schooler.  It was a thrill to play there every year for that game.  I'm like BEChargers, it's too metaphoric right now so I hope that the improvements will be completed quickly and completely.  

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

When I was a kid, I thought this stadium was unbelievable.  As a 7 or 8 year old, from the road, I thought it was just a little smaller than Commonwealth. (I know, dumb kid) I'm glad to hear it's getting some work done to it.  Mentally, it has to help the Admirals try to find some footing to build on.  That the stadium, this year especially, being deemed unusable seemed like a cruel metaphor in relation to the program as a whole.   

 

38 minutes ago, Hatz said:

I remember playing the Little League Rec Championship Game for the All Stars there every year.  It was called the Toy Bowl but it looked so big to a middle schooler.  It was a thrill to play there every year for that game.  I'm like BEChargers, it's too metaphoric right now so I hope that the improvements will be completed quickly and completely.  

I felt that way even when I played there high school. We (Frankfort) played there my senior season, 2003. When we pulled in, I'll admit it was an intimidating venue. 

Now, Danville was Danville at that time too. They won state that year in pretty dominating fashion. So their team was ridiculously good and the stadium was impressive. Definitely a core football memory for me. 

And for those wondering, we definitely lost the game. ?

1 hour ago, Hatz said:

I remember playing the Little League Rec Championship Game for the All Stars there every year.  It was called the Toy Bowl but it looked so big to a middle schooler.  It was a thrill to play there every year for that game.  I'm like BEChargers, it's too metaphoric right now so I hope that the improvements will be completed quickly and completely.  

Remember "playing" or "watching" the toy bowl???

These upgrades are long overdue IMO.  Other schools have done better facilty upgrades than the Ads have, so I'm glad to see this happening.

I have been in that stadium once.  You could feel the history there.  Unfortunately, that was 2016 for the state semi-final game when Covington Holy Cross lost to Danville 42-35.  We still all lose sleep on that final drive when the Admirals stopped the Indians on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 late in the game.  Why didn't we give the ball to Derrick Barnes (currently, a LB for the Detroit Lions and "My Everything" for HC back then) on those two plays?  I'm going to have nightmares again tonight.

23 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

 

I felt that way even when I played there high school. We (Frankfort) played there my senior season, 2003. When we pulled in, I'll admit it was an intimidating venue. 

Now, Danville was Danville at that time too. They won state that year in pretty dominating fashion. So their team was ridiculously good and the stadium was impressive. Definitely a core football memory for me. 

And for those wondering, we definitely lost the game. ?

My high school career ended in that stadium as well.  Nice venue.  Lots of history.  Glad to hear its getting a facelift.  Hopefully the program can rise back up too.  I know if I was a former Admiral I would be extremely disappointed in the current state of the program.

9 minutes ago, BadaBing said:

My high school career ended in that stadium as well.  Nice venue.  Lots of history.  Glad to hear its getting a facelift.  Hopefully the program can rise back up too.  I know if I was a former Admiral I would be extremely disappointed in the current state of the program.

Luckily it didn't end there, because it was a regular season game. LOL

Are there any thoughts about artificial turf or keep the Bermuda grass? I haven't seen the field lately but that Bermuda was awesome.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Luckily it didn't end there, because it was a regular season game. LOL

Rub that in why don't ya!  ?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.