ESPN Article after UGA Loss... Good read!

SouthernSportsFan

Well said my friend but there will still be some, that "assume" every time UK is on the television, their basketball IQ increases, as they say "Vandy, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU, etc....are no good, UK used to beat them all the time"....:rolleyes:

Texas Tech, just won back-to-back improbable wins, or ranked teams and I don't feel, they are a great team but in college basketball, this year....anything is possible but one thing is certain, no matter what UK does....some won't be happy.

:sssh:

Not to mention those two wins were against top 10 teams.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't really believe those first two names will be at Texas or Ohio State for their junior year do you? Great chance they won't make it to their sophomore year. You don't recruit those to make a 3 year run. You recruit those for a one year run.

He is saying Tubby recruits for three years instead of the big names for one year, which is what you need to win championships and be at the top consistently.

I posted this in the game thread, but it seems more relevant here...

Here's one thing I never hear mentioned. If you want to claim the SEC is now at or very close to the top of the hoops world (and it clearly is), you have to realize that means every team is better than when UK was running off 14+ SEC wins. Yes UK has a few roster problems and yes there are fewer NBA level guys in the fold, but even if they had better options this is a tough league to win games...

:thumb:

You don't really believe those first two names will be at Texas or Ohio State for their junior year do you? Great chance they won't make it to their sophomore year. You don't recruit those to make a 3 year run. You recruit those for a one year run.

They don't have to be there their junior year. They probably won't be their next year. Those programs will have recruits of their level coming in next year. Mid major programs build for a run every 4 years. Programs like UK is suppose to be have a shot at a title just about every year. UNC had some hard times but the recruiting Dohtery did and what has been continued by Williams they have again become a top 1-2 program in the country.

Tubby can't win w/some people. He wins 11 straight and all is well, but then we lose 2 straight to a very good shooting Vandy team and a GA team that had some lucky bounces down the stretch and now the 11 straight were against medicocre competition. Absolutely amazing to me!

Give you that, not going to argue, but please I wish people would quit hyping the 11 straight. Chattanooga, Santa Clara, UMASS, Eastern, Houston, Ole Miss, Auburn.....I mean other than Louisville and Indiana it wasn't necesarily break neck competition, and UL and IU aren't really what they used to be either.

I'm not going to throw in the towell over two loses, but I do agree that it is more of a big deal than the 11 winning streak was.

I posted this in the game thread, but it seems more relevant here...

Here's one thing I never hear mentioned. If you want to claim the SEC is now at or very close to the top of the hoops world (and it clearly is), you have to realize that means every team is better than when UK was running off 14+ SEC wins. Yes UK has a few roster problems and yes there are fewer NBA level guys in the fold, but even if they had better options this is a tough league to win games...

Gametime posted something that I totally agree with...............finally!!!!!!:D