ESPN Article after UGA Loss... Good read!

SouthernSportsFan

What's Va Tech's current streak against Duke?

Personally, I think the sky is falling mindset is madness, but that's not a good comparison.

Vandy is 14-6 and tied for 2nd in the SEC.

Va Tech is 15-5 and is tied for 2nd in the ACC.

Ky is 15-5 and tied for 2nd in the SEC.

Duke is 16-3 and is 6th in the SEC.

Why is it not?

Last year is a different team than this year.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Vandy is 14-6 and tied for 2nd in the SEC.

Va Tech is 15-5 and is tied for 2nd in the ACC.

Ky is 15-5 and tied for 2nd in the SEC.

Duke is 16-3 and is 6th in the SEC.

Why is it not?

Last year is a different team than this year.

Not what I asked. Vandy has a three game streak going against UK, two on the home floor. I'm guessing VPI can't make the same claim about Duke.

Didn't Duke beat Vtech on a last second halfcourt shot last season?

And anywhoo, last year was a much different team.

On the road as I recall. And they found a way to beat them.

If it were just 'a' loss to Vandy, it's not headline news. It was a home loss to Vandy, the third in a row to the 'Dores and the second at home in said streak.

Like I said, the sky is falling mindset is madness, IMO. But the argument is weak.

On the road as I recall. And they found a way to beat them.

If it were just 'a' loss to Vandy, it's not headline news. It was a home loss to Vandy, the third in a row to the 'Dores and the second at home in said streak.

Like I said, the sky is falling mindset is madness, IMO. But the argument is weak.

I am not sure if you are referring to the VPI game last season, but that was at Duke and the fans stormed the court.

The game at VPI was much more in Duke's favor.

Exactly. How many straight have we lost to Florida?

Three straight to Vandy, including two at home.

A last season shot against UCF and South Carolina at home last year to win the games.

A blowout loss against Indiana and Kansas last year.

A blowout loss this year against Memphis.

A four-point win at home against Mississippi St.

A loss at home last year to Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, North Carolina.

UK is not what is use to be. I'm not asking for a national championship, or even a Final Four, every year. A top ten team, a final four once in a while, and a national championship would be nice though.

Exactly. How many straight have we lost to Florida?

Three straight to Vandy, including two at home.

A last season shot against UCF and South Carolina at home last year to win the games.

A blowout loss against Indiana and Kansas last year.

A blowout loss this year against Memphis.

A four-point win at home against Mississippi St.

A loss at home last year to Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, North Carolina.

UK is not what is use to be. I'm not asking for a national championship, or even a Final Four, every year. A top ten team, a final four once in a while, and a national championship would be nice though.

Methinks you will get one of those two this year.:sssh:

I could have thought that during the blow-out against South Carolina or UMass.

What about the first half at Georgia?

Remember this GA team is NOT chopped liver. Did they not go TO Gonzaga and hang a loss on nation's darling team. 96 to 83 victory for the Bulldogs.

For Vandy, in the last 5 games they hold victories over UK, # 21LSU, #12 Alabama, and Tennessee. Not a bad victory stretch. Their only loss in that stretch is to GEORGIA.

I posted this in the game thread, but it seems more relevant here...

Here's one thing I never hear mentioned. If you want to claim the SEC is now at or very close to the top of the hoops world (and it clearly is), you have to realize that means every team is better than when UK was running off 14+ SEC wins. Yes UK has a few roster problems and yes there are fewer NBA level guys in the fold, but even if they had better options this is a tough league to win games...

Here's one thing I never hear mentioned. If you want to claim the SEC is now at or very close to the top of the hoops world (and it clearly is), you have to realize that means every team is better than when UK was running off 14+ SEC wins. Yes UK has a few roster problems and yes there are fewer NBA level guys in the fold, but even if they had better options this is a tough league to win games...

:thumb:

Do I think the sky is falling, no. But it is definitely starting to sag.

I am not a Tubby basher and have actually defended him until this year. But the program is showing no signs of improving its position amoung the top programs. You guys can hold on to the 11 game win streak all you want but name one team in that eleven that Kentucky shouldn't have beaten. It should be a 13 game win streak. Tubby is a nice coach but he is not an elite coach. He can't land the top recruits and if he happens to have one fall in his lap he can't coach them. The top programs in the country over the past 5 years are getting the cream of the crop. Yes they are one and done or 2 and done but you will not be a consistent top program without these recruits. The guys Tubby is getting are nice if you are building a program for a run in 3 years but to be on top year in and year out you have to have the Durants, Odens, and Wrights of the world.

I will watch and support UK no matter what but they are not amoung the best in country any more. If you ask the average college basketball fan who the top five programs in the country are over the last 5-6-7 years UK would not be on that list.

Well said my friend but there will still be some, that "assume" every time UK is on the television, their basketball IQ increases, as they say "Vandy, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU, etc....are no good, UK used to beat them all the time"....:rolleyes:

Texas Tech, just won back-to-back improbable wins, or ranked teams and I don't feel, they are a great team but in college basketball, this year....anything is possible but one thing is certain, no matter what UK does....some won't be happy.

:sssh:

Do I think the sky is falling, no. But it is definitely starting to sag.

I am not a Tubby basher and have actually defended him until this year. But the program is showing no signs of improving its position amoung the top programs. You guys can hold on to the 11 game win streak all you want but name one team in that eleven that Kentucky shouldn't have beaten. It should be a 13 game win streak. Tubby is a nice coach but he is not an elite coach. He can't land the top recruits and if he happens to have one fall in his lap he can't coach them. The top programs in the country over the past 5 years are getting the cream of the crop. Yes they are one and done or 2 and done but you will not be a consistent top program without these recruits. The guys Tubby is getting are nice if you are building a program for a run in 3 years but to be on top year in and year out you have to have the Durants, Odens, and Wrights of the world.

I will watch and support UK no matter what but they are not amoung the best in country any more. If you ask the average college basketball fan who the top five programs in the country are over the last 5-6-7 years UK would not be on that list.

You don't really believe those first two names will be at Texas or Ohio State for their junior year do you? Great chance they won't make it to their sophomore year. You don't recruit those to make a 3 year run. You recruit those for a one year run.