Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn vs. Iowa Updates (NCAA Women's Final 4)

Featured Replies

  • Author

Muhi with a big 4 to make it 70-69 with :39 seconds to play and Iowa's ball. I say Clark will be shooting this one.

  • Author

Iowa turns it over and UConn has the ball with :10.8 to play down 1 at 70-69.

  • Author

Can you believe with the game on the line a terrible moving screen was called insure the Iowa win. That was SAD!!!!!

Wow big call. 
 

And I thought Iowa was going to screw up by not using their foul to give. 

  • Author
Just now, DragonFire said:

Wow big call. 
 

And I thought Iowa was going to screw up by not using their foul to give. 

Refs taking care to make sure Clark is in the final game!

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

Refs taking care to make sure Clark is in the final game!

I mean, I’m sure they could have found any other number of other calls to do something if they wanted to. I’m not gonna buy into the conspiracy theory. 
 

But I do think they fell for “it looked violent”. The Iowa player definitely embellished. 

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

Can you believe with the game on the line a terrible moving screen was called insure the Iowa win. That was SAD!!!!!

Right?!?! My daughter was screaming at the TV “that was a great screen”. That was absolutely terrible.  UConn got screwed.  

The question is how will the officials be able to keep Iowa from getting smoked by South Carolina  

  • Author
2 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I mean, I’m sure they could have found any other number of other calls to do something if they wanted to. I’m not gonna buy into the conspiracy theory. 
 

But I do think they fell for “it looked violent”. The Iowa player definitely embellished. 

Arnold had two of those bad illegal screens called same player for Iowa ran in the screen and screams and falls down and the refs call it. I think except for two or three fouls were fouls, but I saw at least 3 or 4 UConn players fouled on shots that was not called.

13 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Refs taking care to make sure Clark is in the final game!

To an extent, my buddy who knows nothing about basketball thought you can't have your elbows up during a screen, which I didn't catch the first time.  I'd say that's what did it. On first look, I thought it was a no call, but I understood a little bit more after seeing how the screen was set and where her arms were. Still a tough call to make. 

13 minutes ago, rjal said:

The question is how will the officials be able to keep Iowa from getting smoked by South Carolina  

Unless Clark goes off for 50 they won't. I'd expect South Carolina to dominate the paint.  

Just watched the screen again and I think it was the right call. If you see the angle from across the court, the U Conn player jumps out a step to her left away from the basket to set the screen. I thought it was borderline till I saw it from that angle.

But the thing I will say, if the ref did not call it and U Conn hits the shot off that screen for the win, people would be questioning why the ref did not call an illegal screen.

32 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Arnold had two of those bad illegal screens called same player for Iowa ran in the screen and screams and falls down and the refs call it. I think except for two or three fouls were fouls, but I saw at least 3 or 4 UConn players fouled on shots that was not called.

That would make me think even less that it is correct to make the statement of “the refs were making sure Clark advanced.”  What you just demonstrated is that they called it consistently on that screen - she did the same thing twice and they called it. Is it correct? Eye of the beholder. 
 

I’ve got no dog in the fight but from what I watched, I did not see Iowa getting some super favorable whistle. In fact, for the most part, they seemed to let quite a bit go. 
 

 

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Just watched the screen again and I think it was the right call. If you see the angle from across the court, the U Conn player jumps out a step to her left away from the basket to set the screen. I thought it was borderline till I saw it from that angle.

But the thing I will say, if the ref did not call it and U Conn hits the shot off that screen for the win, people would be questioning why the ref did not call an illegal screen.

I agree. Upon watching it again it was a foul.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.