Male 62 Simon Kenton 51

I talked to someone who went and they said it was another game where SK's guards just didn't and couldn't get the job done. With Hester being out, SK has really showed a major kink in it's armor and it's the guards.

SK needs Mike back in a hurry!

SK had a tough time with the Male pressure D and then they had a tough time when Male went to a zone. The big kid from SK was tough, but the guards couldn't get him the ball enough. When they did Male had 2 and 3 guys on him - since SK didn't have many 3 point shooting threats they could double down on him all night.

Male played very physical and they are deep. Beaumont is the energizer bunny - never stops moving.

The game was kind of ugly but a good win for Male.

I talked to someone who went and they said it was another game where SK's guards just didn't and couldn't get the job done. With Hester being out, SK has really showed a major kink in it's armor and it's the guards.

SK needs Mike back in a hurry![/QUOTE]

What's the timing for Mike's return--Any word??

SK needs Mike back in a hurry![/QUOTE]

What's the timing for Mike's return--Any word??

I am hearing worst case scenario... 3 weeks, best case....2 weeks

The guards for SK didn't really play that bad as far as handling the pressure, they did miss/pass up on a few shots, but they handled the pressure rather well. The majority of SK's turnovers came from bad passes to Hurd from the forwards. Hurd also got in foul trouble, and missed a bunny or two, but other than that he had a nice game.

Beaumont is extremely fast, one of the quickest first steps I've seen. Male played a very physical game, and the decision was really never in doubt although SK did rally somewhat in the fourth to cut it to single digits. The only thing I didn't like about the game was the way the Male parents were talking after the game. There was a foul against Male on a hard blindside screen attempt where the screener (a big forward or center) pushed into the kid from SK (a little point guard), and after the game the parents were saying that they wished the kid would have hit him harder. That just isn't necessary and because of a few people, it looks bad on the whole school.

SK would have had a much better chance with a very good perimeter player like Hester.

Male would have had a better chance to stop Hurd if their big fellow had been playing.

It would have made for a much better game if they would both have played.

Didn't see Parrott or Hopkins in the box score. Senior guards like these two who have played a lot of varsity minutes in the past should be able to step in and get the job done while Hester is out. Can't replace Hester but should be able to hold down the fort.

SK had a tough time with the Male pressure D and then they had a tough time when Male went to a zone. The big kid from SK was tough, but the guards couldn't get him the ball enough. When they did Male had 2 and 3 guys on him - since SK didn't have many 3 point shooting threats they could double down on him all night.

Male played very physical and they are deep. Beaumont is the energizer bunny - never stops moving.

The game was kind of ugly but a good win for Male.

I agree we need to try other guards if the ones in their can not get the job done. If you can not shoot the ball from outside then get somebody in their that can. It will open up the middle for El an Hurd. We miss to many easy lay ups because are guards can not dribble with their head up to see them down the court open.

I agree we need to try other guards if the ones in their can not get the job done. If you can not shoot the ball from outside then get somebody in their that can. It will open up the middle for El an Hurd. We miss to many easy lay ups because are guards can not dribble with their head up to see them down the court open.

Elbert has to be included as a guard because he is used just as much as anyone to bring the ball up the court. SK did not struggle getting the ball up the court. Their offense wasn't good, but not because they couldn't get the ball up the court. I agree that they need to shoot better, but the really big thing that is missing with Mike out is the ability of a player to create his own shot. With him not in the game, they have to rely more on their plays whereas when he is in the game he can penetrate on his own and create a shot for either himself or for a teammate because of helpside.

Nice stat page/game details.

I must of been sleeping for a while, but I've never seen a stat called "defensive assist". What is a defensive assist? (someone who causes a turnover leading to a basket?) Wonder who leads the state in this category.

Real good game details listed on this link below:

Looks like Hurd had only 3 rebounds and no blocks. Hmmm...

http://www.toyotaclassic.com/2007%20Results/2007%20Game%201%20Leaders.htm

If Cov Cath loses today, then SK and Cov Cath will matchup. Hmmm...