Male 62 Simon Kenton 51

Nice stat page/game details.

I must of been sleeping for a while, but I've never seen a stat called "defensive assist". What is a defensive assist? (someone who causes a turnover leading to a basket?) Wonder who leads the state in this category.

I was wondering the same thing. Neither team had one, and I'm sure there was a basket off a turnover so I'm not sure what it is.

Didn't see Parrott or Hopkins in the box score. Senior guards like these two who have played a lot of varsity minutes in the past should be able to step in and get the job done while Hester is out. Can't replace Hester but should be able to hold down the fort.

As of last Saturday Parrott and Hopkins were both out, don't know if they are healthy yet but that may explain thier absence from the boxscore.

A defensive assist is much like an offensive assist only it pertains to steals. Example: A kid is guarding the ball handler and the ball handler attempts to pass the ball to the wing. The defender is able to deflect the ball off of its orginal line and someone on the defending team is able to track it down for the steal. The steal goes to the player that actually retrieves the ball and the defensive assist goes to the player that made the deflection. Not a lot of people know about this stat because it is so hard to track accurately. The act of deflecting a pass or any type of deflection, (deflect the ball from the dribbler) and having a teammate pick it up for a steal is what they are talking about with the defensive assist.

Elbert has to be included as a guard because he is used just as much as anyone to bring the ball up the court. SK did not struggle getting the ball up the court. Their offense wasn't good, but not because they couldn't get the ball up the court. I agree that they need to shoot better, but the really big thing that is missing with Mike out is the ability of a player to create his own shot. With him not in the game, they have to rely more on their plays whereas when he is in the game he can penetrate on his own and create a shot for either himself or for a teammate because of helpside.

That's my point. Elbert is a forward and since the guards are struggling he has to do it ALL. If the guards can NOT do their job try some one else to see IF they can do the job.

That's my point. Elbert is a forward and since the guards are struggling he has to do it ALL. If the guards can NOT do their job try some one else to see IF they can do the job.

Sounds like you have someone in mind, not someone close to you is it?

I'm just saying if the guards can not do their job why not try somebody else.

Have you been going to the games? The guards are not doing a bad job. The majority of the turnovers are coming from bad passes on set plays by the forwards/guards. They haven't struggled hardly at all getting the ball up the court. I will agree that they need to hit shots, but they aren't having trouble bringing it up.

Have you been going to the games? The guards are not doing a bad job. The majority of the turnovers are coming from bad passes on set plays by the forwards/guards. They haven't struggled hardly at all getting the ball up the court. I will agree that they need to hit shots, but they aren't having trouble bringing it up.

I have been to 3 games since Mike Hester's injury and I will have to disagree with you about SK's guards. IMO: SK's guards struggled mightily handling the ball against Boone County and was a big factor in SK losing that game in the 4th quarter. The other two games weren't as bad, but the guards are not finding the open man and really didn't hit but maybe a handful of outside shots in those three games. They need Mike back ASAP!

Actually they don't need him until he's healthy enough to play. No offense to their district counterparts but they are good enough to make it to the 8th region tournament without him, however; he will be needed by the time they hit Henry Co.

Actually they don't need him until he's healthy enough to play. No offense to their district counterparts but they are good enough to make it to the 8th region tournament without him, however; he will be needed by the time they hit Henry Co.

:thumb: :thumb: