Pulaski County 71 Boyle County 44 (12th Region)

55 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Kind of tough to call DCA a perennial region power, when, until this season, they had never BEEN, to a regional tournament.  

They’ve only been in the KHSAA for 5 years.

19 hours ago, burreaux said:

To be fair, how many districts are tougher than the 45th? Lincoln, Boyle, and DCA seem to be perennial region powers. Not to mention every 2-5 years Danville and/or Garrard are capable of fielding strong teams that can compete.

47th has been better, or atleast just as good recently.  Along with Pulaski and Somerset, Rock was a very good team this season (and last year as well).  Two 20+ win teams this season with Pulaski and Somerset, and both in the Semis.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, catfan09 said:

I would say the districts are pretty even.  46th nor 48th are not as deep but just as strong at the top over last 10 years. 

47th district had Rockcastle good enough to win the region not even make it this yr. 

Agreed 45th has been strong historically but I would say down this year.  Region champs since 2006.

Lincoln 4, West Jessamine 3, Wayne 3, Boyle3, Pulaski 2, Southwestern 2. 

6 minutes ago, titan101 said:

Agreed 45th has been strong historically but I would say down this year.  Region champs since 2006.

regional championship don’t indicate who had the stronger districts. 

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Kind of tough to call DCA a perennial region power, when, until this season, they had never BEEN, to a regional tournament.  

Good point. I guess a better way to say that is that they have the talent to be a perennial power.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titan101 said:

I believe Mercer won region at least once during that period.

42 minutes ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

They did win it in 2016.

Regions titles by year since realignment in 2006:

4 - Lincoln County (2007, 2008, 2019, 2022)

3 - Boyle County (2006, 2015, 2021)

3 - West Jessamine (2009, 2010, 2020)

3 - Wayne County (2011, 2013, 2014)

2 - Southwestern (2012, 2018)

2 - Pulaski County (2017, 2023)

1 - Mercer County (2016)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

Correct and Mercer had a top 5 team in the state in 2018 and was upset by Southwestern. 

• Like 2

Just now, titan101 said:

Correct and Mercer had a top 5 team in the state in 2018 and was upset by Southwestern. 

One of the most "how in the world did that happen" games in recent 12th Region tournament history. Mercer was so good and Southwestern so "blah," albeit a Warriors team that had upset both Boyle and Pulaski in the first two rounds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

One of the most "how in the world did that happen" games in recent 12th Region tournament history. Mercer was so good and Southwestern so "blah," albeit a Warriors team that had upset both Boyle and Pulaski in the first two rounds.

I give SW a ton of credit that whole tournament.  They had the toughest road of anybody and came out on top.  That's why I am never too concerned about the draw when it comes out.  Mercer definitely choked. There is a picture of the last play and literally Mercer had two players that could have walked in for a layup.  SW had 5 defenders collapse on one Mercer Player at the top of the key and rest is history. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, titan101 said:

I give SW a ton of credit that whole tournament.  They had the toughest road of anybody and came out on top.  That's why I am never too concerned about the draw when it comes out.  Mercer definitely choked. There is a picture of the last play and literally Mercer had two players that could have walked in for a layup.  SW had 5 defenders collapse on one Mercer Player at the top of the key and rest is history. 

Old school get off my lawn papa:

You gotta play ‘em all sooner or later if you’re gonna win. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, catfan09 said:

regional championship don’t indicate who had the stronger districts. 

I think that's a pretty valid statistic to cite. What would you use to evaluate strength of a district?

37 minutes ago, burreaux said:

I think that's a pretty valid statistic to cite. What would you use to evaluate strength of a district?

Maybe look at Massey and RPI at the end of the district tournaments.  They’re not without flaws, but looking at both should be a decent indicator. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titan101 said:

I’m sure Mercer Co. Preferred getting a so-so SW team, instead of the consensus #1 DCA in first round.  Most years, I agree with you but with DCA being a runner-up this year Wayne Co. got the tough matchup. 

22 hours ago, LethalPG said:

I’m sure Mercer Co. Preferred getting a so-so SW team, instead of the consensus #1 DCA in first round.  Most years, I agree with you but with DCA being a runner-up this year Wayne Co. got the tough matchup. 

Mercer got beat by SW by 14 two weeks ago.  There are no easy games in the region tourney with Rupp on the line and Sr careers coming to an end.  Teams just play different in region.